Oregon Tnet Campout Your invited

imafishingnutt

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2007
Superior Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Tesoro, Whites DFX, Nokta Impact Pro, Ace 400.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im looking to plan a camp out some time in June or July give or take for Tneters.
The trip will include detecting and maby even some panning for gold.

If you are interested in going and help finding the right location
please respond here and we can get the ball rolling.

There is lots of places to hunt in central and Eastern Oregon

researching the trip will be a big help
after we know the location then we can start the research of where to hunt.

I look forward to meating anyone who would like to go.

Ima

Wicked Wanda

Feb 29, 2008
Apple Valley, CA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Ace 250 , & Pro Pointer
Right on, sounds like we are going to get it together and have ourselves a good time. I am definetly game. :thumbsup:

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Darn it i will miss it the family is getting together in May and will be around Ontario...aa

dbsmokey

Jan 12, 2004
Oregon
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sounds like fun. I hope I can make it!!

-matt-

Wicked Wanda

Feb 29, 2008
Apple Valley, CA
Detector(s) used
drywalldave said:
some old homesteads and mining camps around John Day as well as lots of gold still there !!!!
Dave,Cynangyl and I would definetly know about that. All three of us scored gold in that area last July during dredging season in that area. I am ready to go back. :tongue3:

OP
OP
imafishingnutt

imafishingnutt

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2007
Superior Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lets plan a trip there and make it 7 days that way some cqan come and some can go
I can take a week off.
Any Ideahs of where to camp over there.

Wicked Wanda

Feb 29, 2008
Apple Valley, CA
Detector(s) used
Let me do some work and see what I come up with, I will look into the permits also. I have a couple of places of interest that will be able to accomodate large groups.Maybe, Cyn will help me on this, since the three of us ( Cyn,Dave and I) are all from the same area. It make take a few days. One of my interests, the claim owners will not be in town until this coming Fri.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Yay! Our own campout!! I can hardly wait! Can we go now and just stay there forever?? lol Someone make Jeffro and Eathan come!!!

Wicked Wanda

Feb 29, 2008
Apple Valley, CA
Detector(s) used
TT we would love for anyone off of TNet to come, not just us Oregonians. If it's worth anything, I'm middle-age and fat! :tongue3:

WV Hillbilly

Dec 8, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TIME RANGER CZ3D ACE 250
To far for me to travel but I sure would like to . If there's ever one within reasonable driving distance
I'd be all for a get together .

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
I work weekends, but I'll sure try and make it! Just tore my achilles tendon and had to use up all my vacation time, but I'll have more built up by then, I'm sure.

The Rogue River area is my old stomping grounds, know it pretty good for gold sniping.

I'd be up for Eastern side as well, don't get over there that much at all.

It all sounds good to me. And TT, you coming as a man or a woman? :icon_scratch:

Magic Fingers

Huummmmm

This sounds so tempting to me. What a chance I would have to learn from all you pros.

I will have to see how well my knee has healed from surgery and what my work schedule is like when you select the dates.

If it works out that I could come I would bring my massage chair and work out those shoulder kinks!!

Donna

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Well we would definitely have to figure it out when Jeffro could be there and Magic Fingers best heal up fast.....a massage chair sounds heavenly! lol Once someone comes up with a set place and date we could get lots of folks to come I am thinkin! :icon_sunny: :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
imafishingnutt

imafishingnutt

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2007
Superior Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry been busy for a few days but its sounding better and better.
Id say keep an eye on Jeffro he knows all the Gold spots if ya know what I meen.
Central Oregon might be better for all of us then we all dont have to travel as far Except TT but I know she can do it
and I know in my heart she wants to give me a big hug...LOL :wink:

Off to be d now more parks to clean in the AM

Wicked Wanda

Feb 29, 2008
Apple Valley, CA
Detector(s) used
I spoke with the owners of a claim in the John Day area, they would prefer that not to many people knew about it( claim that is ) they are also having some legal problemd at the site. We don't want any part of that.Will keep racking my brain and doing some research....keep you all posted.Need some input, so we can get this going before to long.Spring is here.......It's time and I have cabin fever terribly. We have woke up for the past two days to snow on the ground. Melted by noon. Hopefully the weather will be nice tomorrow liike they say it is and I'm outta here....HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!!!!!

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Honestly folks, the last couple trips I've set up, we've got skunked pretty bad.... I would rather let someone else take the reins on this one, but I'll be more than happy to do research myself. I look forward to a new area.To tell you the truth, I'd rather go ghost towning than anything.

If we can't come up with something decent over in Eastern Oregon, I'll be happy to take you all to one of my spots down south where there's decent gold. :)

I don't take people to my great spot anymore, after my Dad just about killed himself down there. It's quite dangerous and I don't wanna be responsible for anyone getting hurt. :(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions