Original photos Stone Maps

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by deducer
Since there's nothing left on the other forum, might as well continue the discussion here.

Are you convinced that Travis carved the stones we see today in the museum?

im almost afraid to reply, read quick is alli can say LOL

were the stones R.R. used to make molds,the originals made by T.T.
i think the stones were out of T.T. & wifes hands a long time so a lot
of stones could have been made
id like to see all the copies in one place

Last edited:

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
I've never seen a thread, informative and civil, so quickly deleted by the mods for a single post by a troublemaker.
Might be worth checking for multiple registrations from the same IP on that one....I think that's also against the rules.

not sure how quick it was, i logged out came back 30-40min later it was
there. i logged in and gone, saying again SH, nice you did screenshots, to
help further the/more,discussions on the stones

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was quick, about ten minutes after Weavers Needle made a post threatening to link to a professional web site about deducer's profession.
He also gave deducer's real name, which only three people had any knowledge of, prior to RG's project plans being announced.
Obviously, that information has now been shared for some reason, which I won't go into at this time.
In that 30-40 minutes you mention, I and others made several posts prior to the one by WN.

Last edited:

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
yes i made a post about the 1st paragraph in your 1st screen shot
i was agreeing about the stones being found, you didnt happen to
screenshot that pg did ya LOL

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might have.....got files and files and files full of screenshots.
Any researcher worth his salt and pepper would have as well.

Last edited:

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
It was quick, about ten minutes after Weavers Needle made a post threatening to link to a professional web site about deducer's profession.
He also gave deducer's real name, which only three people had any knowledge of, prior to RG's project plans being announced.
Obviously, that information has now been shared for some reason, which I won't go into at this time.
In that 30-40 minutes you mention, I and others made several posts prior to the one by WN.

About the only thing he got right was my first name.

At first I was amused, seeing him make a fool of himself but his vitriol has become tiresome. I've now put him on ignore along with EarnieP so will not be able to see any more posts from them.

Weaversneedle

Jan 22, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

At first I was amused, seeing him make a fool of himself but his vitriol has become tiresome. I've now put him on ignore along with EarnieP so will not be able to see any more posts from them.

All I am asking is that you come clean as to the reason you are on this forum, the other members as well as tnet should know what you are up to so we can choose what we share on here, not all of us want our hard earned research made into a TV show

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other

That poster has displayed an angry attitude. He must feel threatened in some way.

Edit: I guess the question has been answered.

Last edited:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was just thinking that.

Bet you that there's another photo where the stones are "on a white cloth about the size of a pillow case."

Correct. And in that same "house photo", the stones are not just propped against tongue and groove siding, they are also sitting on a white cloth that is held down at the corners by small rocks.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That poster has displayed an angry attitude. He must feel threatened in some way.

He does indeed.
But doesn't want any of those he targets with his anger to know his real name for some reason.

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other

Yeah, I have no idea what his problem is. Should have put him on ignore a long time ago.

Weaversneedle

Jan 22, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He does indeed.
But doesn't want any of those he targets with his anger to know his real name for some reason.

I'm not angry at anyone, I'm just asking for the truth. You and deducer don't seem to want us to know your real name either.

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Correct. And in that same "house photo", the stones are not just propped against tongue and groove siding, they are also sitting on a white cloth that is held down at the corners by small rocks.

Makes me wonder why there are more than just a handful of photos of the Stone Maps. What do you think was the motivation behind that?

In the excerpt you posted, it was mentioned that while in Stockdale, TX. Travis was paranoid about how much of the town knew about the "treasure maps."

One would think that creating duplicates and taking a number of photos would be akin to throwing gas on the fire, especially in that based on the fact that those photos appear on commercial photo papers, he used a commercial photo developer, and rumors were certain to fly, and he would no doubt have been aware of this.

Was this intentional?

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not angry at anyone, I'm just asking for the truth. You and deducer don't seem to want us to know your real name either.

just shows how far outside the loop you really are.
My real and full name has been given on this and the other sites in the past, and appears in the copyright on some of the photos I have posted as well.
I have also attended the Rendezvous for several years, so many of the others also know my name and where I am from, including Ryan and others within his group.
Since you must have missed it though, it is Wayne Spencer.....and you already know and have posted deducer's, even if you got it a bit wrong.
.....so what's yours ?

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Makes me wonder why there are more than just a handful of photos of the Stone Maps. What do you think was the motivation behind that?

In the excerpt you posted, it was mentioned that while in Stockdale, TX. Travis was paranoid about how much of the town knew about the "treasure maps."

One would think that creating duplicates and taking a number of photos would be akin to throwing gas on the fire, especially in that based on the fact that those photos appear on commercial photo papers, he used a commercial photo developer, and rumors were certain to fly, and he would no doubt have been aware of this.

Was this intentional?

I agree that some of what we have seen, and also see in the future, will indeed throw gas on the fire.
As I said in the deleted thread, we are faced with a growing and sometimes smelly pile of "evidence", some of which doesn't fit the narrative very well.
That Travis would create a set of fake stone maps as an "alibi" is one idea which I believe warrants more discussion. For example, why would anyone need an alibi, unless it was to cover up the fact that he had suddenly become very wealthy for no good reason. To those familiar with his family history of treasure seeking however, a discovery of a set of stone maps and a subsequent find of "treasure", might deflect any suspicion that his sudden wealth came from his former friends, B&C. It was suggested that Travis created the familiar stones as a way to throw people off vis a vis the five smaller stones, but why then didn't he simply make five small "fake" stones to use as a ploy ?
It would have been a lot easier, especially if the locals, both in Texas and Arizona, had been spreading rumors about the real stones he had found. In other words, the narrative just don't fit.

Last edited:

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree that some of what we have seen, and also see in the future, will indeed throw gas on the fire.
As I said in the deleted thread, we are faced with a growing and sometimes smelly pile of "evidence", some of which doesn't fit the narrative very well.
That Travis would create a set of fake stone maps as an "alibi" is one idea which I believe warrants more discussion. For example, why would anyone need an alibi, unless it was to cover up the fact that he had suddenly become very wealthy for no good reason. To those familiar with his family history of treasure seeking however, a discovery of a set of stone maps and a subsequent find of "treasure", might deflect any suspicion that his sudden wealth came from his former friends, B&C. It was suggested that Travis created the familiar stones as a way to throw people off vis a vis the five smaller stones, but why then didn't he simply make five small "fake" stones to use as a ploy ?
It would have been a lot easier, especially if the locals, both in Texas and Arizona, had been spreading rumors about the real stones he had found. In other words, the narrative just don't fit.

From the horse's mouth:

Screen Shot 2016-03-01 at 10.43.31 AM.jpg

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010

“I don't believe anyone ever suspects how completely unsure I am of my work and myself and what tortures of self-doubting the doubt of others has always given me.”
Tennessee Williams

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who's we?

None of us have seen anything so we know nothing of this growing pile of evidence only what you say and you're we. Any inkling of what may be has been edited out of existence on that other site. The BC thing has been played out. It never happened so why don't we get to the point? How did he acquire that new car smell? Did he really find something or did he scam someone out of their moolah with some fresh stoney carvings? Cars back then were not that much money so a small inheritance would be enough. Or a loan? People bought new cars on credit. Why does it have to be related to a treasure room?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread