Original photos Stone Maps

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who's we?

None of us have seen anything so we know nothing of this growing pile of evidence only what you say and you're we. Any inkling of what may be has been edited out of existence on that other site. The BC thing has been played out. It never happened so why don't we get to the point? How did he acquire that new car smell? Did he really find something or did he scam someone out of their moolah with some fresh stoney carvings? Cars back then were not that much money so a small inheritance would be enough. Or a loan? People bought new cars on credit. Why does it have to be related to a treasure room?

Cmon Bill. Did ya just wake up in the turnip patch ?
"We"means "us", who have been following Ryan, Frank, AzDave and Old Linda since day one.
There's been lots of new stuff shared, photos of Travis as a sharp-dressed-man, original negatives, excerpts from Travis's manuscript and more blurred out pictures than NASA has ever given out to the UFO fans. Don't tell me you missed all of that !!

I don't think we're done with the Bonnie and Clyde thing just yet.
Linda never replied to my last query on the subject, and while I first brought it up as something off the wall, I'm beginning to suspect that their obvious trust in Travis may have led to greater things for him at some point after their demise. After all, B&C weren't no Robin Hood and Maid Marian, and Travis no Friar Tuck.

fr tuck.jpg

Last edited:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just shows how far outside the loop you really are.
My real and full name has been given on this and the other sites in the past, and appears in the copyright on some of the photos I have posted as well.
I have also attended the Rendezvous for several years, so many of the others also know my name and where I am from, including Ryan and others within his group.
Since you must have missed it though, it is Wayne Spencer.....and you already know and have posted deducer's, even if you got it a bit wrong.
.....so what's yours ?

Still waiting WN......got something to hide ?

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
so pegleg had a map, that led to the SMts, to a set of 6 white
stone maps, im still trying to work out why, make the stone maps
and bury them in the 1st place, and then make a map to them
b4 the above was said, i was thinking TT made the stone maps
from the hide/barn map, for fun and to make some $$ to fund his
trips to find treasure, TT thought the h/b map led to

i just dont know, why does one, go bury the stones in a really hard to
get to place in 18??, thats even hard to get to and thru today
you folks that have hiked, camped,prob would not get lost in the SMts
could that military trail have been a shortcut to where, and what else
was along that military trail

Weaversneedle

Jan 22, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still waiting WN......got something to hide ?

I've known who you are for a long time, nobody Care's who you are. I called deducer out to come clean as to what he is up to on the forum, I already know but I think the rest of the forum has a right to know being is it is their info he is using for his TV show unless he has scrapped his project because Ryan blew him out of the water

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've known who you are for a long time, nobody Care's who you are. I called deducer out to come clean as to what he is up to on the forum, I already know but I think the rest of the forum has a right to know being is it is their info he is using for his TV show unless he has scrapped his project because Ryan blew him out of the water

So you do have something to hide....no surprise there, since that was expected.
Nothing but more insults to add to this topic.

Good luck

Weaversneedle

Jan 22, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So you do have something to hide....no surprise there, since that was expected.
Nothing but more insults to add to this topic.

Good luck

Wayne, I've never insulted anyone here that didn't attack me first and I'm not insulting you. Matter of fact it has nothing to do with you and I don't know why you keep jumping in. I simply asked deducer to reveal his motives and he won't and that's his choice if he doesn't want to but I am just making the other members aware and they can choose to participate in his project or not. You just seem to keep jumping in and stirring up trouble. I'm leaving things as they are and deducer can decide what he wants to do

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so pegleg had a map, that led to the SMts, to a set of 6 white
stone maps, im still trying to work out why, make the stone maps
and bury them in the 1st place, and then make a map to them
b4 the above was said, i was thinking TT made the stone maps
from the hide/barn map, for fun and to make some $$ to fund his
trips to find treasure, TT thought the h/b map led to

i just dont know, why does one, go bury the stones in a really hard to
get to place in 18??, thats even hard to get to and thru today
you folks that have hiked, camped,prob would not get lost in the SMts
could that military trail have been a shortcut to where, and what else
was along that military trail

Yes, that's it more or less I guess.
But, as I recall, 5 small white stones that are linked to parts of the ground map.
The hide map was a dud apparently, that I recognized as soon as I saw an un-blurred version of it.
Travis may have made that one as well, basing it on the Julia Thomas map and adding the knife from the pictograph panel within his area of interest.
In the TK video, Tom said rumor had it that Bob Ward added the knife to that ancient grouping of pictos.
If that's true, then a dating of the hide and ink might point to that timeframe.
The museum stones, or at least the trail stones were said to based on and reflect only a part of the big "ground map", with Ryan having previously posted that the horse and priest do not appear anywhere on it. So the H/P stone seems to be unique and not related to any other map in the collection.
I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out that Travis also made the small stones as part of his shell game scheme. Maybe even that "Peralta Tesoro Mappa", featured in the "Legends" series.

EarnieP

Jul 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And those bank accounts, investments, properties, and several other fancy cars ?
All on the salary of a seasonal fruit camp guard ?
Gotta sell a lot of phony stone maps to make that kinda money....:laughing7:

If true, why did Travis'wife contact Mitchell so soon after his death to sell the Stones?
Sounds like she wouldn't have needed the money.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Come on guys, you guys that hike the mountains know that they dont do maps like that. Everything you need to get to the mines and the caches are right there off the trails on the mountain sides plain to see and follow. + the horses i have seen out here carved are why more elegant and stylish than that old plow horse. Nothing wrong with a plow horse, but i dont think a wealthy Spaniard would represent himself with a plow horse. He wants to be seen with a stallion.No way they carved that. He wants a noble looking horse. something like this. View attachment 1288388

Last edited:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If true, why did Travis'wife contact Mitchell so soon after his death to sell the Stones?
Sounds like she wouldn't have needed the money.

Who say's Aileen called Clarence Mitchell ?
The stories about that situation are conflicting in a number of ways, including how and where they first met each other.
As well as when and where they made the exchange.

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Come on guys, you guys that hike the mountains know that they dont do maps like that. Everything you need to get to the mines and the caches are right there off the trails on the mountain sides plain to see and follow. + the horses i have seen out here carved are why more elegant and stylish than that old plow horse. Nothing wrong with a plow horse, but i dont think a wealthy Spaniard would represent himself with a plow horse. He wants to be seen with a stallion.No way they carved that. He wants a noble looking horse. something like this. View attachment 1288388

dog,

That's a pretty poor job of "Photoshop".:

Didn't really need to enlarge the picture to see it.

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That's a fine dog ya got there Dog. Didja find the kibble....:occasion14:

View attachment scottish deerhound.bmp

She's a wee bet 'sulky" tho, cause ya called her a "horse".
But she'll get over it.....

Last edited:

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Looks more like a Giraffe than a horse, but I see what you mean.

Joe,

There isn't any PS going on with that pic. Its probably just pareidolia.

Mike

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Looks more like a Giraffe than a horse, but I see what you mean.

Joe,

There isn't any PS going on with that pic. Its probably just pareidolia.

Mike

Mike,

If you enlarge the picture, you can see the pixilation around the entire horse, not to mention the pole that goes right through the horse. Do you have a better picture?

Take care,

Joe

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Wayne, I've never insulted anyone here that didn't attack me first and I'm not insulting you. Matter of fact it has nothing to do with you and I don't know why you keep jumping in. I simply asked deducer to reveal his motives and he won't and that's his choice if he doesn't want to but I am just making the other members aware and they can choose to participate in his project or not. You just seem to keep jumping in and stirring up trouble. I'm leaving things as they are and deducer can decide what he wants to do

"Reveal his motives"? Are you serious? Who are you to demand deducer's motivation - or anyone else's, for that matter - on a public forum? All participants here are equal free agents and allowed to participate as they see fit within the rules of the venue. How would you like to turn it around - as an obvious provocateur, just who are you and why are you here?

EarnieP

Jul 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who say's Aileen called Clarence Mitchell ?
The stories about that situation are conflicting in a number of ways, including how and where they first met each other.
As well as when and where they made the exchange.

I think she wrote him. Wasn't that letter posted here?
The exchange, and the "sucker" comment have been discussed and dissected here also.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread