Out of commision for awhile..Think twice B4 coming to Hawaii all

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
Looks like I'll be out of commision for awhile. Was jumped by a gang with ball bats, broken left arm and broke my right hand on one of their faces defending myself. You see the truth about Hawaii is, they do not want us here. Anyone that is not a Native Hawaiian is extremely discriminated against. It's the whole over through their government thing... This is the second time in just over a year this has happened. Time to go back to South Florida. The police do nothing. Therefore, no convictions, no crimes, doesn't hurt the tourism. Truth is the tourists are being beaten, robbed, etc. And it goes on unnoticed. Wish I knew before I moved here. Chao

Attachments

• bad1.jpg
    bad1.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 2,945
  • bad3.jpg
    bad3.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 2,926
Upvote 0

sonny60

Jul 20, 2007
Falmouth, Ky.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
sorry to hear about your problem. like some of the others have said: maybe its time to start packing some protection. better alive and in court than dead and in a casket. Packing a sidearm saved me once while detecting. The guy had moved within 15 ft. before I turned a little so he could see the weapon on my hip and he stopped and said he was arrowhead hunting which I knew was a lie. You don't hunt arrowheads in town usually. He left and I left before he tried again. best of luck

jayallday14

Jul 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Minelab Excal 1000
Yeah Hawaii can be dangerous. I have been off and on the island for 15 years. Personally, I had no problems there. Maybe cause my wife is a local girl and I have alot of family there. Alot of big brahddahs!!! I have seen many tourists get taken. But I dont see why they would attack someone who lives there. I have been out on the beaches and have been approached by the worst there is, I just told em leave me alone or you will deal with my buddy Tola...they quickly left. I am really sorry to hear that most unfortunate incident happened to you. Yeah there are some racist folks there, but not many. Hell there very few full blooded Hawaiians left period. But then too I am not White and they will tend not bother a Black guy who looks like he can handle himself...plus I speak the local lingo. Keep on detecting brahddah!!!!!

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
Shameful! I hope you recover quickly.

Haoleman

Aug 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Hey Brah,

Sorry to see you met up with a bunch of Mokes. As a 15 year resident of Kailua-Kona on the Big Island and being just another F----n Haole, I never experienced anything like this. There are places in the islands though that you are better off avoiding. Oahu has many especially west of Pearl City where the old airbase was. These areas are like Watts in LA. Ever watch Dog, the Bounty Hunter? That's his territory. In general I found the Hawaiians to be wonderful people and very family oriented but there are those old schoolers ( the reservation native Americans) that still are fighting the war of hundreds of years ago and because of the attitudes they have, that is the prime reason "Hawaiian Activists" will never gain Sovereignty. It would be great if you would post the location you were at to let others know. If on Oahu, remember that there is a large Filippino, Chinese and other south sea islander population too. Many gangs there too. The police are probably related in one way or another to one of them as families in Hawaii are huge, so don't expect get much done from the cops. I've seen to much of this covering a family member's butt there.
I will add however that if you were here in Florida when this happened, you probably wouldn't be here to post about it as you'd be dead. I can't believe the crime here.

I have lived on both coasts and in the midwest and my number one choice of a place to live would still be Hawaii. Best climate, no denials for pre existing medical conditions to obtain medical insurance, dirt cheap taxes, good clean air and water and great food everywhere.(something that is seriously lacking in Florida except for Bonefish Grill) Almost no hurricanes and no tornadoes.

Aloha,

Terry

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finderz sorry to see what happen....

Unfortunately you can't say it is just the locals in Hawaii being racist, it can happen to anyone on any beach and almost any city with any kind of population density in the USA.

P

paddy.mick

Agreed, "locals only" is unfortunately interpreted by "locals" and it's not a specific claim of Hawaii. Glad to see you escaped with your life; there are those who don't.
I've had few bashings but never a bone broke (big one anyway-fingers, sure) by fellows who looked like me, spoke like me, and drank like me-but they felt I wasn't "local" enough, a "mick" as it were.

You should see the other guy, eh?
Paddy

rwsnc

Jun 30, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Xterra 70, Compass Relic Magnum 7a, Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett AT Pro (Sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll say it again. I'm very sorry for what happened to Finderzz, but it's not just Hawaii. Is ANY state, totally safe today?

OP
OP
finderzzs

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
rwsnc said:
I'll say it again. I'm very sorry for what happened to Finderzz, but it's not just Hawaii. Is ANY state, totally safe today?

I've lived in several states, and there was no One group claimed to own all the land, water and trees til now. These are the most isolated Islands in the world, and our Government has no idea what's going on here.
They will probably never get their sovereignty, so what they are doing is buying huge tracks of land in the name of the Hawaiian Home lands. They will get back "their" islands, one parcel at a time.
I noticed your sitting in peaceful N. Carolina???

rwsnc

Jun 30, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Xterra 70, Compass Relic Magnum 7a, Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett AT Pro (Sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, I AM sitting peacefully retired in North Carolina.... What's your point?

I'm part Hawaiian and I agree that they will probably never attain Sovereignty again.
Too much water has passed under the bridge.

With all due respect, if you don't like it there, move back to Florida and I really hope
that you don't get mugged or worse in Florida by people that don't even speak English.

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey finderzzs Hope you feeling better today as you start the healing process. Your gonna be sore for a bit , but you"l heal fast with all these good folks on TN praying for ya . keep us posted on progress. Get well real soon my friend Guzz1

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry about your run in and hope everything heals ok. Last I heard the Japanese were about to run all the native Hiwaiians out of the islands. As bad as I would hate to think it, had I been in your shoes a few of them would be carried away in body bags. I generally have my Glock 23, .40 caliber with 13 big hollowpoints. I'm a damn good shot too! M >:( nty

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most Dangerous States, 2007

2007 rank State 2006 rank
1. Nevada 1.
2. New Mexico 3.
3. Arizona 4.
4. Maryland 5.
5. Tennessee 8.
6. South Carolina 6.
7. Alaska 9.
8. Florida 7.
9. California 10.
10. Louisiana 2.
11. Michigan 12.
12. Texas 11.
13. Arkansas 15.
14. Washington 16.
15. Oklahoma 14.
16. North Carolina 17.
17. Alabama 18.
18. Delaware 24.
19. Missouri 20.
20. Georgia 13.
21. Illinois 19.
22. Colorado 22.
23. Ohio 23.
24. Mississippi 21.
25. Indiana 28.
26. Pennsylvania 29.
27. Kansas 25.
28. Hawaii 26.
29. Oregon 27.
30. Massachusetts 30.
31. New York 31.
32. Minnesota 35.
33. New Jersey 32.
34. Kentucky 33.
35. Rhode Island 38.
36. Virginia 37.
37. Nebraska 34.
38. Utah 36.
39. Idaho 40.
40. Connecticut 39.
41. West Virginia 41.
42. Wisconsin 44.
43. Iowa 43.
44. Montana 42.
45. South Dakota 45.
46. Wyoming 46.
47. New Hampshire 47.
48. Maine 49.
49. Vermont 48.
50. North Dakota 50.

Methodology: To determine the most dangerous states, rates for six crime categories—murder, rape, robbery, aggravated assault, burglary, and motor vehicle theft—are compared to the national average for a given crime category.

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee
D@m Fiss. Looks ruff sorry to hear about your run in with the locals. I carry a 45 or a 38 with me at all times if some one comes at me with a bat I will consider my self in danger of serious injury or death and will defend my self accordingly. Good luck with getting healed up and do not let this get you down to much. Get back out there and detect. Do what you love to do do not let some thugs control your life.

Hangingfor8

Dec 16, 2007
New Smyrna Beach, Florida 32168
Detector(s) used
Minelab and Aquapulse
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I'm so sorry to hear about what happen to you. I wish you the best. Just remember, Glocks are water proof!!! Three dead m/f'ers are better than getting your head split again.

OP
OP
finderzzs

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
Ahhhh, but if they don't arrest them or prosecute anyone, as is the practice here. Then there's no crime!
Hurts Tourism if people really knew what was going on here.

Treasure_Hunter said:

2007 rank State 2006 rank
1. Nevada 1.
2. New Mexico 3.
3. Arizona 4.
4. Maryland 5.
5. Tennessee 8.
6. South Carolina 6.
7. Alaska 9.
8. Florida 7.
9. California 10.
10. Louisiana 2.
11. Michigan 12.
12. Texas 11.
13. Arkansas 15.
14. Washington 16.
15. Oklahoma 14.
16. North Carolina 17.
17. Alabama 18.
18. Delaware 24.
19. Missouri 20.
20. Georgia 13.
21. Illinois 19.
22. Colorado 22.
23. Ohio 23.
24. Mississippi 21.
25. Indiana 28.
26. Pennsylvania 29.
27. Kansas 25.
28. Hawaii 26.
29. Oregon 27.
30. Massachusetts 30.
31. New York 31.
32. Minnesota 35.
33. New Jersey 32.
34. Kentucky 33.
35. Rhode Island 38.
36. Virginia 37.
37. Nebraska 34.
38. Utah 36.
39. Idaho 40.
40. Connecticut 39.
41. West Virginia 41.
42. Wisconsin 44.
43. Iowa 43.
44. Montana 42.
45. South Dakota 45.
46. Wyoming 46.
47. New Hampshire 47.
48. Maine 49.
49. Vermont 48.
50. North Dakota 50.

Methodology: To determine the most dangerous states, rates for six crime categories—murder, rape, robbery, aggravated assault, burglary, and motor vehicle theft—are compared to the national average for a given crime category.

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finderzzs how are you feeling? I sure as heck hope you got medical attention, I didnt see that anywheres.. Please let me know how your doing, we are all thinking of you. Not just the violence there, but YOU... let us know please.

Hope your a bit better today...
booty

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Treasure_Hunter said:

<snip>

Thing is, those numbers are often skewed. A year or so ago, there was a big fuss because rapes in St Louis (the city, not the county) were being filed as "memos," not a "report." The cops would tell the victim they had to file a "certain kind of report" (which was actually a memo) or nothing could be done. As a memo is not a reported crime, nothing was done anyway.

Also, they only count "reports" when doing those crime rate things.

Tis nuts.

That said, I'm so very sorry this happened to you! I hope you - and the person that was with you - are both doing better now. Be safe, willya?

makahaman

Sep 22, 2006
Northshore, Hawaiian Islands
Hey Findrzz sorry to see that the local people beat you up!! I hate to see those kind of racist things happening in Hawaii!! It really makes this place look so ugly but the people here are the warmest people in the world!! I have traveled all over the world for 10 years and to tell you the truth Hawaii is one of the safest place in the world. It is too bad there are a few bad eggs in the bunch but that is how it is everywhere in the world these days. When I was traveling in my youth I had experienced racism in the United States, the land of the free!! I was called all kinds of names in California and it made me feel very uncomfortable and it was very degrading!! So it happends all over the place not only Hawaii, look at what had happend to the Indians living in the states, their land was taken away from the government and on top of that alot of them were killed!! What about the African Americans look how they have been treated and to this day in some places it is still happening!!!! Just like the Hawaiian people their land was taken away and they got the raw end of the deal!! Also, unfortunately there is alot of "ice" going around here, crystal meth which has ruined alot of lives!! People do crazy things being on that stuff!!! I live on the most hostile side of Oahu, it is called Makaha and let me tell you you think the Big Island has its problems try coming out here. But you know I have had friends come from the Mainland with blonde hair and blue eyes, they were approached by local "MOKES" as you would call them. My blonde hair friends were treated with kindness and even were taken to breakfast and these so called "MOKES" didn't even know them do you think this happens in California? I don't think so!! Also, I feel if you show people with respect then most of the times they will respect you but if you are disrespectful to the people in Hawaii they will pick a fight. I feel very sorry for you and maybe you should make more local friends where you live so that there is some kind of connection. Hawaiian people get really bummed because everyone is coming to their islands and buying everything up so they can't afford it and they end up living at the beach because rent and the price of land is rediculous!! But everywhere you go in the world these days has problems so the best of luck finding a perfect place. I am wishing you the best and get better!! Oh, I was thinking something you said that the police wouldn't do anything well get the badge # of the police man and take it to a higher position and complain!! You should even go to the tourism board if you are not getting anywhere with this!! Hope this helps!! Best of luck to you and a speedy recovery!! Aloha ;D

Haoleman

Aug 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
One thing about guns in Hawaii. It's a class 2 felony to be in possession of a firearm unless going to or from a hunting area or target range. Any other possession wil lget you 5!

The way to do it Hawaiian style is to only buy Locals slippas , no gekko tourist shirts, and carry a bigger club!

As I mentioned, I, in 15 years, never had a bad experience living there even having to chase the drug dealing kids away from the end of our dead end street. They always went quietly with a bit of stink eye but that's it. I never felt uncomfortable being out at night anywhere on the Big Island.

Aloha,
Terry AKA Haoleman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread