Outdone By a Seven Year Old

carolinachief

Oct 31, 2006
Eastern North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My daughter asked if we could go out just me and her so she could have some "Daddy Time." She wanted to go metal detect and we went to her elementary school. We skipped the playground area and headed for the woods. I wanted to work a path that leads from the school into a large open grass area. This spot isn't used much anymore but was used all the time when I went to school there in the late 70's. I have searched it a couple of times before and come up with clad but no silver. On our way up the path to the open area my little girl was lagging behind and swinging her detector. She called to me and said "check this out." I walked back to her and she was standing there with a silver chain. Checked it out and it reads .925 and Italy. She found the real deal and talked smack to me the rest of the day. She kept telling me, "It Pays To Look Down." I ended up with a couple of quarters(1965 was the oldest) and a couple of pennies. We only hunted 30-45 minutes but were both happy.

Attachments

• silver chain 001.jpg
    silver chain 001.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 587
Upvote 0

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maybe if your realy nice she'll share some more of her hunting tips with ya :D

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
she took you to school ::)

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
LOL....They are short....thats why they find stuff quicker ::) at least thats what I tell my daughters! Try to keep up will ya Dad :D

julesjunk

Nov 13, 2006
I think your best find was before the hunt, when your daughter asked for "daddy time". That reads like gold to me.......

paul1410

Feb 6, 2007
Land of the Cheese Steak
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado, White's Spectrum XLT
Super story, chief!

Your daughter did great, she now has a wonderful memory and a neat memento to remember it by.

Savor these times, they will fly by before you know it.

Thanks for sharing.

ScrewcapRoy

Jun 14, 2007
Weymouth Mass
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Quality time with your daughter is priceless. She made a great find and earned her bragging rights. Just suck it up and show her who's the boss next time unless she does it to you again. Either way a successful hunt.
HH Roy

Ed-NH

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer ll
Cool, that's one hunt you two will always remember.

nebstater

Jul 24, 2007
Star City
Detector(s) used
White's - DFX,Prizm V, Spectra V3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
carolinachief said:
My daughter asked if we could go out just me and her so she could have some "Daddy Time." She wanted to go metal detect and we went to her elementary school. We skipped the playground area and headed for the woods. I wanted to work a path that leads from the school into a large open grass area. This spot isn't used much anymore but was used all the time when I went to school there in the late 70's. I have searched it a couple of times before and come up with clad but no silver. On our way up the path to the open area my little girl was lagging behind and swinging her detector. She called to me and said "check this out." I walked back to her and she was standing there with a silver chain. Checked it out and it reads .925 and Italy. She found the real deal and talked smack to me the rest of the day. She kept telling me, "It Pays To Look Down." I ended up with a couple of quarters(1965 was the oldest) and a couple of pennies. We only hunted 30-45 minutes but were both happy.
Great things come in small packages.... In more ways than one. Great find. HH

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think Jules said it best.....YOU were the big winner...That time with your daughter can never be stolen or lost...WTG

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats great. I'm glad you were able to spend some quality time with your daughter. Pass on my congratulations on her great find. Your finds were good too Dad ;)

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
hehe hehe youngins ;D well it does pay to look down

Mercury dude

Mar 8, 2007
Ceres
Detector(s) used