Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That is such a sick thing!

Yes, it is very sick. People do this kind of stuff all the time. My wife could tell you many stories of what she has seen.

bartholomewroberts

Feb 23, 2011
Cedar, B.C.
Detector(s) used
excal2, XP Deus, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it means 28 likes on this thread.
Please forgive my ignorance... But I do not know what that means.... Do 28 (now more than that) people like the topic..And how or why would that be relevant. I know that being on dial up, I tend to miss out on a lot of things... I cannot watch a you tube video... And I know that there are videos I would love to see on that site. Ah well, at least I have internet access... slow though it may be

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Please forgive my ignorance... But I do not know what that means.... Do 28 (now more than that) people like the topic..And how or why would that be relevant. I know that being on dial up, I tend to miss out on a lot of things... I cannot watch a you tube video... And I know that there are videos I would love to see on that site. Ah well, at least I have internet access... slow though it may be
Bart, I believe it means how many likes (the like button) have been given to the posts in a particular thread.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Bart I use my cell phone (smartphone) as a hot spot for internet for the computer. I use foxfi app to get around uscellular's hot spot blocker. Works like a champ and it's 4g! Pretty quick!

wvwildman

Silver Member
Jan 3, 2013
fayette county wv
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, 5X8 DD, white's coin master pro, 4X6 DD, garrett propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweetheart, unless your son is a turkey or you let him play outside at night unattended , I'm thinking he's safe.

they just dont hunt at night they hunt in the day too ive had them stock me a lot around here when i am out in the woods this state put a bounty on them and i dont blame them the DNR brought them here and now there stocking wolves in west virginia they will prob be a bounty on them before long they are a problem if ya dont believe me just come down here and go for a walk in the woods you'll have different thanking about them when a pack is stocking you its not a fun feeling and a person is not gonna out run them if your on the dinner menu

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Should be clarified here that there IS A DISTINCT DIFFERENCE between the Western Coyote and
what has evolved over the last 30 years to be the Eastern Coyote.

Western coyotes are typically in the 18-25# range (I know, they look bigger but it's all hair),
and the Eastern coyote can run 25-45#+, and is a larger, much sturdier critter. The
jaw of the Eastern coyote is stronger, and much more "squared" off, and they can
be more aggressive than their Western cousins. Eastern coyotes also tend to run in
packs more than the Western ones.

This time of year (nationally) coyotes are having pups, meaning the odds
of seeing "packs" later in the Spring/Summer is a real possibility. The pups, as they
grow tend to hang out together and can range quite a ways from the den, and
just 2 or 3 of them can sound like 50!

The Western coyotes will generally "disband" about late Sept., however the Eastern
dogs seem to remain in more of a family (wolf style) pack, and their added size and
aggressiveness makes makes them a much more dangerous critter to deal with than
their Western relatives.

Why did the coyotes more eastward and get bigger, more aggressive? Odds are high
that it's due to the overpopulation of the Whitetail deer in the Northeast.

Last edited:

bartholomewroberts

Feb 23, 2011
Cedar, B.C.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bart I use my cell phone (smartphone) as a hot spot for internet for the computer. I use foxfi app to get around uscellular's hot spot blocker. Works like a champ and it's 4g! Pretty quick!
Thank you DRam"" I live in one of those rare areas that have no cell phone access..In fact my nearest access is about 100 miles away. I have a cell phone... but I cannot use it unless I go to town.. And I try not to do that very much unless I go for an update on my chemo.. usually those are done at home, so I get over that way rarely; and hence my cell service is limited too. The one good thing, (I think) is that there are applications by our local provincial telephone provider to install cell towers in our valley. So I would guess that within a year or two, we will have cell coverage.

bartholomewroberts

Feb 23, 2011
Cedar, B.C.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they just dont hunt at night they hunt in the day too ive had them stock me a lot around here when i am out in the woods this state put a bounty on them and i dont blame them the DNR brought them here and now there stocking wolves in west virginia they will prob be a bounty on them before long they are a problem if ya dont believe me just come down here and go for a walk in the woods you'll have different thanking about them when a pack is stocking you its not a fun feeling and a person is not gonna out run them if your on the dinner menu
I get them on my property ... And I have had them stalk me. Mind you, that only lasted a very short time until I dropped one. The rest took off very rapidly. The best thing that can be said about them is that they are sneaky and sly. They are very successful as a species; and therein lies the problem.. they are intelligent too, so they learn .

golden ray

Jan 30, 2013
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
& Lobo
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As with any animal attacks that are reported in the news. What about all the ones
you don't hear about. Bet they are ten-fold. My believe ,if its a threat to you or your
livelihood, eliminate it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread