Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
Good afternoon Clay,
I’m not someone that knows their way around old claim papers, and what it means today.

I did see that it seems to be a silver mining operation, but was named the LDM (and not by JW 🤓)

It’s all very interesting, but I’m not seeing where you’re wanting to go with this thread?

Sincerely,
Idahodutch

OP
OP
Clay Diggins

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just facts Idahodutch. No claim papers involved. If you don't start with the facts you are working on fantasy.

Here are two more people who have discovered the LDM, Mina Sombrero and the Peralta mine. They aren't the first and we know they weren't the last.

This Lost Dutchman Mine was actually inspected and documented by the Arizona State Department of Mineral Resources mine engineer. How many other LDMs have that distinction? Usually all we get are unsubstantiated claims. You can actually go to this LDM and look around if you choose.

No real value to the mine. 2 ounces of silver per ton of hardrock in 1964 was a little more than two dollars after you mined, crushed, extracted, smelted and marketed the metal. That's a quick way to go broke mining. It's a losing proposition even today.

More facts. Now we know when Pat Padilla got involved with the LDM. In 1977 he was asking the State how to stake a claim so he can take the LDM artifacts. Of course that would be illegal - you can only locate a mining claim for the valuable minerals still in the ground. Artifacts and such don't belong to the claim owner they belong to the property owner - in this case the land owner is the United States.

Last edited:

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
Just facts Idahodutch. No claim papers involved. If you don't start with the facts you are working on fantasy.

Here are two more people who have discovered the LDM, Mina Sombrero and the Peralta mine. They aren't the first and we know they weren't the last.

This Lost Dutchman Mine was actually inspected and documented by the Arizona State Department of Mineral Resources mine engineer. How many other LDMs have that distinction? Usually all we get are unsubstantiated claims. You can actually go to this LDM and look around if you choose.

No real value to the mine. 2 ounces of silver per ton of hardrock in 1964 was a little more than two dollars after you mined, crushed, extracted, smelted and marketed the metal. That's a quick way to go broke mining. It's a losing proposition even today.

More facts. Now we know when Pat Padilla got involved with the LDM. In 1977 he was asking the State how to stake a claim so he can take the LDM artifacts. Of course that would be illegal - you can only locate a mining claim for the valuable minerals still in the ground. Artifacts and such don't belong to the claim owner they belong to the property owner - in this case the land owner is the United States.
Clay,
I know you like to play games, but some folk take these things a little more seriously. These threads can pile up for quite sometime… because someone found something, or named something or even recorded information under a name, does not make it so.

What is your point? I get the feeling you want to ridicule Dutch hunters. If I’m wrong, then I apologize.
You seem to love to present facts that often only produce strife.
I just feel these types of games are beneath you.

So the answer I heard for the reason for your thread, is so you could start some noise, over a silver find, miles east of the usual search area of the LDM, just because someone called it the LDM.
I could picture you wringing your hands in gleeful anticipation 😁😂

Linking up LDM clues that get to the mine location has a lot more credibility to me than a name someone gives their find.

I had a feeling this thread was trolling for a dispute, but thought to give the benefit of the doubt.
Good night Clay.

OP
OP
Clay Diggins

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Clay,
I know you like to play games, but some folk take these things a little more seriously. These threads can pile up for quite sometime… because someone found something, or named something or even recorded information under a name, does not make it so.

What is your point? I get the feeling you want to ridicule Dutch hunters. If I’m wrong, then I apologize.

So the answer I heard for the reason for your thread, is so you could start some noise, over a silver find, miles east of the usual search area of the LDM, just because someone called it the LDM.

Linking up LDM clues that get to the mine location has a lot more credibility to me than a name someone gives their find.

I had a feeling this thread was trolling for a dispute, but thought to give the benefit of the doubt.
Good night Clay.
Interesting reply Idahodutch. Thanks for the high school level personality assessment, although you should be aware it says more about you and your thought process than it does about me or the facts I've presented.

When I posted this I anticipated that most dutch hunters would be familiar with this mine record. I thought most would have already searched the Arizona State mine records for "Lost Dutchman" or "Mina Sombrero". Obviously no one here ever did that. The only dispute is your post. Mine was based entirely on the facts.

I didn't make this stuff up. This is exactly the whole, and only, record for the Lost Dutchman in the State mine records.

Your objection that this mine is nearly a mile away from where the mine you are searching for might be if you ever find it has no bearing on these facts about an actual mine. I will ask if you know of any gold mines in the area? So far the USGS, several mining companies and thousands of prospectors haven't found one. Just facts please.

As for your other comments. Maybe you will some day realize that your ad hominem attacks, although curiously allowed here, are the angry refuge of the of those with nothing to contribute.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting reply Idahodutch. Thanks for the high school level personality assessment, although you should be aware it says more about you and your thought process than it does about me or the facts I've presented.

When I posted this I anticipated that most dutch hunters would be familiar with this mine record. I thought most would have already searched the Arizona State mine records for "Lost Dutchman" or "Mina Sombrero". Obviously no one here ever did that. The only dispute is your post. Mine was based entirely on the facts.

I didn't make this stuff up. This is exactly the whole, and only, record for the Lost Dutchman in the State mine records.

Your objection that this mine is nearly a mile away from where the mine you are searching for might be if you ever find it has no bearing on these facts about an actual mine. I will ask if you know of any gold mines in the area? So far the USGS, several mining companies and thousands of prospectors haven't found one. Just facts please.

As for your other comments. Maybe you will some day realize that your ad hominem attacks, although curiously allowed here, are the angry refuge of the of those with nothing to contribute.

Clay, please end the insults now.

OP
OP
Clay Diggins

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Clay,
I know you like to play games, but some folk take these things a little more seriously.

I had a feeling this thread was trolling for a dispute
, but thought to give the benefit of the doubt.
Here I fixed it for you.

All these comments highlighted above have nothing to do with the original subject of the thread I started here. They are all opinions about my character. In fact by definition they are insults. Thanks for not censoring my response to this attempt to attack my character.

Ad Hominem​

(Attacking the person): This fallacy occurs when, instead of addressing someone's argument or position, you irrelevantly attack the person or some aspect of the person who is making the argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions