Papal Bulla Only two recorded on UKDFD

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
Hello all, I spent the day with Crusader on one of his fields. I struggled for over 6 hours with very little, but buttons.

I did get a strap end which Cru says is Saxon, but it's pretty plain and not much to look at.

I thought I was going to go home disappointed, but right at the end I pulled out a Papal Bulla! I didn't really know what it was until I showed Cru, and then I thought he was going to cry :laughing9:

Crusader thinks it could have been the seal of Pope Leo in 1531ish. These were used to seal official documents sent by the Pope!

Attachments

• railway 013.JPG
    railway 013.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 4,462
  • railway 010.JPG
    railway 010.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 4,455
  • railway 012.JPG
    railway 012.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 4,450
  • Bulla 002.JPG
    Bulla 002.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 4,457
  • Bulla 004.JPG
    Bulla 004.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 4,489
Upvote 0

Curious The George

Sep 4, 2008
East Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Metrotech
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you get to keep this or must it be turned over to government authorities for disposition?

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that is a fantastic find :icon_thumleft: Pope Gregory IX was a interesting man as Cardinal Bishop of Ostiahe had been a friendly man. He had many friends, including the Queen of England at that time. He had many wives, even though it was against the Catholic religion, and he was a very inspiring preacher at that time. Great find Dd60..... Banner !!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy cow!! A pope seal. What will you guys dig up next!! Hope you get to keep it.
Congratulations. Always speechless with your recoverys :thumbsup:
TnMtns

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on the stellar find! :thumbsup: Oh, did I mention I lost one just like that the last time I was in England? :laughing7: Breezie

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on the Banner , is the deserved result of hard work done in specific situations, with the weeds and overgrown and the noise of the train near ..... he deserves everything and more things. These stamps are letters issued by the Vatican on behalf of Pope Gregory and used for example to request a marriage annulment or a visit to the Holy See .... in the middle ages if it was holy. ;D
Greetings! :hello:

OP
OP
shaun7

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
Thanks for the reply's everyone :icon_thumleft:

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deepdiger60 said:
Now that is a fantastic find :icon_thumleft: Pope Gregory IX was a interesting man as Cardinal Bishop of Ostiahe had been a friendly man. He had many friends, including the Queen of England at that time. He had many wives, even though it was against the Catholic religion, and he was a very inspiring preacher at that time. Great find Dd60..... Banner !!
:laughing9:

Sounds just like shaun...the many wives bit :laughing9: :laughing9:

Weldone on the BANNER Mate :icon_thumleft:

SS

OP
OP
shaun7

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
Silver Searcher said:
Deepdiger60 said:

Sounds just like shaun...the many wives bit :laughing9: :laughing9:

Weldone on the BANNER Mate :icon_thumleft:

SS

Lucky my missus doesn't read this...she might get the wrong idea :laughing9:

Cheers SS :icon_thumleft:

Aquila

Jun 9, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 150, Golden mask 3
Wow. Thats super cool find! Congrats :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:!

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the banner find of the century!! A 12th century papal Bulla !! I am awestruck ! congrds Shaun!! MaineRelic

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I got up this morning, the banner is what I expected for this one (however). Seems a little rude but I think we all know (me included) that some things that deserve to be there (& this is an A1 example), never make it & others of a lesser importance (lets say) get up there. So I was thinking as I logged on.... did it or didn't it.....
Proud to see that the great people of Tnet gave this one the proper treatment is deserves. Well done those that voted it up there & well done Shaun7 for stepping up another level to something that we are likely to never see again in our lifetime. :hello2:

ShaunBANNERstandasidecartwheel7

OP
OP
shaun7

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
CRUSADER said:
When I got up this morning, the banner is what I expected for this one (however). Seems a little rude but I think we all know (me included) that some things that deserve to be there (& this is an A1 example), never make it & others of a lesser importance (lets say) get up there. So I was thinking as I logged on.... did it or didn't it.....
Proud to see that the great people of Tnet gave this one the proper treatment is deserves. Well done those that voted it up there & well done Shaun7 for stepping up another level to something that we are likely to never see again in our lifetime. :hello2:

Speaking of cartwheels, where's Iron Patch?

Nothing to say on this one :laughing7:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shaun7 said:
CRUSADER said:

Speaking of cartwheels, where's Iron Patch?

Nothing to say on this one :laughing7:

Forgot, a UK BANNER find in the middle of APRIL :o is worth 2 in Sep :headbang:

Deno

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2008
Fern Creek Ky
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations Shaun on a fantastic find. You need to take Crusader to lunch.

OP
OP
shaun7

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
Deno said:
Congratulations Shaun on a fantastic find. You need to take Crusader to lunch.

Thanks Deno, I'll get him a big mac next time we're out :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions