Pauline Innis

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
ANYWAY, Walter knew of MANY caves in the area, visited Poplar Forest, when a Hutter LIVED there, and had MANY stories handed down by his relatives in that area, according to GOLD IN THE BLUE RIDGE.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Pauline called it, "DOCUMENTARY FICTION" (p. 15 HB). In MY words... FACTION; FICTION based on FACTS! YET! Pauline & Walter DID look for it!

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
The power of myth? :dontknow:
Sometimes the "just maybe" enters the psyche, it is hard to just let go.
Just sayin'

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Pauline B Innis wrote a total of 15 books ranging from diplomatic protocols to poetry to children's stories and gardening, and on astronumerology with that introduction by Jeanne Dixon- but too much emphasis is placed on her and her husband's "GOLD IN THE BLUE RIDGE".
They did NOT spend a lifetime searching for the alleged Beale treasure, and after that books publication, they moved on to other interests and endeavours.
A partial list of her books that demonstrate her varied interests beyond Beale:
https://www.gettextbooks.com/author/Pauline_B_Innis

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pauline B Innis wrote a total of 15 books ranging from diplomatic protocols to poetry to children's stories and gardening, and on astronumerology with that introduction by Jeanne Dixon- but too much emphasis is placed on her and her husband's "GOLD IN THE BLUE RIDGE".
They did NOT spend a lifetime searching for the alleged Beale treasure, and after that books publication, they moved on to other interests and endeavours.
A partial list of her books that demonstrate her varied interests beyond Beale:
https://www.gettextbooks.com/author/Pauline_B_Innis

They were just authors for profit and the Beale story provided potential profit, and the juicier the better.

signal

Apr 30, 2011
Royal Palm Beach, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Exalibur II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I found the GOLD cover book, yesterday; typed a LONG "reply" last night; NOT here, today. My Special Edition indicated she DID have the BOX at her Watergate Apt. in DC. She had a copy of a letter from DIRECTOR Richard Helms (CIA), stating the ciphers were "unbreakable". In the GOLD cover Special Edition, there are copies of MAPS, Copies of TJB letters, the ciphers, AND! a hand-written page of various NUMBERS in a "weird" manner, similar to the Drills Holes found on a boulder on a over-look on the BRP... looking over the ROANOKE VALLEY; MORE later... BTW, I think franklin ALSO had a GOLD Cover/Special Edition version of this book; dunno.

I have the gold cover book, actually a signed copy.........its a good read!

signal

Apr 30, 2011
Royal Palm Beach, Fl
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
They stopped looking after the book was published and that was good enough for Pauline and Walter...SO BE IT!

I believe that Pauline and Water believed in the treasure, and spent a lot of very real and legitimate time and effort pursuing it. I think at some point they exhausted all avenues and realized more any more that the treasure was either fabricated or already found. Because of their experience, they were able to come up with a very entertaining story, sprinkled with some points that are true to the tale, I hesitate to use the word "facts", but they kept things in-line with the original tale. They explain in the book they are making up much of the story, they are making up actual dialogue between TJB, Indians, fabricating entire people and events in some cases...........I don't fault them.......its up to the readers to understand these things and any serious treasure hunter is going to use the basic tools of induction or deduction to built the story on substance.........which is almost impossible with this story.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
...and in the end it all comes back to James Beverly Ward, his wife Harriet, and cousin, John William Sherman who knew the truth behind the creation of the Beale Papers, whether or not Ward was presented a finished manuscript from this "unknown author" or if this "unknown author" was just another fictional device of the narrative text.
The Innis's book only bolstered the myth with their "good read".

signal

Apr 30, 2011
Royal Palm Beach, Fl
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
...and in the end it all comes back to James Beverly Ward, his wife Harriet, and cousin, John William Sherman who knew the truth behind the creation of the Beale Papers, whether or not Ward was presented a finished manuscript from this "unknown author" or if this "unknown author" was just another fictional device of the narrative text.
The Innis's book only bolstered the myth with their "good read".

ECS, thats true! One thing for sure, there are people that KNEW for sure fact or fiction..........they are long gone, but some knew......did they take the truth to the grave or did they impart on others whether what they knew was true or false? What if James Ward had a testimony he wrote coming clean and that was found? Some would bury it just to keep the tale alive.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like his grave-site, such may NEVER be found...

I have seen receipts from the Hunter's Hill Plantation. But I have found nothing to verify where it is located. Even deeds do not help. All of the roads have been changed and it is almost impossible to find out where the plantation is located today. The Historical Society have all cemetery records but none on the Hunter's Hill Plantation. Really strange.

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am so confused. I am still trying to figure out who the real Shakespeare was.

P.S. I think it was William of Orange

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread