Pawnshop finds

Neogeo

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2009
Austin T.X.
It's been tough going finding points for me ,so I hit the pawnshop.Most are fake stuff,but I think some are good.What do ya'll think.....At least I got a new lil frame and some cool knappin stock to work with....For 10.00 I am happy.

SDC17413.jpg

I think the bottom ones are good..
SDC17415.jpg

SDC17416.jpg

SDC17417.jpg

SDC17418.jpg

SDC17419.jpg

Good????
SDC17420.jpg

Upvote 0
J

JoshnMO

Not bad for 10 bucks ;D To the naked eye the ones on bottom pic look good. That brown obsidian cluster of stuff wouldnt have been found in Texas huh :-\ You ever show off those cool Christmas gifts here? :wink: :laughing7:

OP
OP
Neogeo

Neogeo

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2009
Austin T.X.
Hey man....Yep sure did...I post to like 3 other forums eveytime...It;s still down huh..lol

OP
OP
Neogeo

Neogeo

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2009
Austin T.X.
I am thinking that the ones on the bottom of the 2nd pic are all ok.Some broken tools,a little knife,the ones up top....not so real...lol...Sweet lithics tho,I plan to work some of it.I just want to find out what kind of stone they are...I really like the grrn stuff.

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
Thanks for the comparision neo, those top ones just "look" wrong, even to me. cool to see them like that. ten bucks for a frame is good too! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Neogeo

Neogeo

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2009
Austin T.X.
good eye...the lithics are (if pretty)Just all wrong for here...Most are good ole' Texas types..Fat knives,sqall blades,etc...I wanna knapp the other stone,but I want to I.D. it.

uniface

Silver Member
Jun 4, 2009
Central Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
Other
My opinion (worth what it's costing you) : all pretty much good except for an attempt at a corner notch in one obsidian piece. Even the funny looking point -- I found one nearly identical to it once.

Thing is, it's assembled from stuff collected over a wide area. Maybe somebody's vacation finds.

FWIW

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread