recent ohio finds

creek astronaut

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2009
fairfield county,ohio
I went hunting a day this weekend and yesterday evening after work I got out for a couple hours.I sometimes take my dog "clovis" huntn with me.and she has assisted in the hunt in her own little way from time to time.well last night I dont find this pretty decent point if she doesnt assist(the point is rite below her in 2nd pic).When we go huntn and she gets thirsty she will stand up and paw at the back of my leg.well she did this last nite and low and behold there is a point lying rite below her that I missed(due to the ground being so dry and the color of the material,lol.).so that point goes in clovis' frame.last evenings hunt are the first few pics.everything else is the highlights of sundays hunt.a nice core and a nice im undecided point, flaking and kinda of the outline makes me wanta call it a paleo/plano lance or it could be a nice knife with early style parrallel flaking,and a pretty killer and big flake knife/uniface blade made of indiana hornstone,very nice edge work on both sides and a nice flintridge core.opinions welcome.good luck hunting
IMAGE_414.jpg

IMAGE_411.jpg

clovis' find
greg-rocksartifactcollection011.jpg

greg-rocksartifactcollection012.jpg

greg-rocksartifactcollection010.jpg

greg-rocksartifactcollection009.jpg

nice hafted scraper
greg-rocksartifactcollection006.jpg

greg-rocksartifactcollection008.jpg

Upvote 0

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
Nice looking Ohio finds bro. You're are really into those late paleo / plano lances, it's exciting to see what's coming out of your fields. I like your sidekick, she found a keeper. That uniface piece is killer, looks like a paleo form to me.

musky44

Jan 29, 2010
west viginia
nice finds creek, that knife is sweet!! clovis found him a dandy also. he looks like a smart dog, probably a great partner. i would love to take my dog along with me but he gets car sick every time. pukes before i make it to the end of the road.

choo

Jul 31, 2009
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Creek! that big uniface blade is Killer. Clovis is turning into quite a arrowhead hunter.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
uniface said:
The nice point is most likely a Hi-Lo.

Hhaha you know Uni only jumps in if it is around 10,000 years old!! Man that curved uniface tool is very cool. All cutures used them but the early point helps put it in it's place.
Nice hunt sir!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread