perfect recovery boat

U

underwoodb.

hello I'm new here and as of yet done no treasure hunting and really have no real idea as to how to get started but im countin on you experts to help me out...maybe even partner up with me on something. I have recently bought a 94 ft ex- pt boat that i think would make a perfect recovey vessel, or pirate boat.lol. I will be spending the next year refitting her for recovery operations. I've been a diver for 20 years and have done search and recovery on boats for 5 years . I was also a scout in the army for 6 years, so I am an excellent navigator on land as well a water . Anyhow i ill be ready to go in june of next year and in the mean time i will be monitoring this site for leads and possible partners. hope to hear from yall soon.
Bill

Upvote 0
F

Floater

Where the he!! did you find an old PT boat and is it a WWII vintage or what. What coast are you on and why isnt it in a museum? Glad your here and look forward to some interesting conversations. ( Dont let the Picture Fool ya) ;D 8) HH

OP
OP
U

underwoodb.

well actually i found it in a boat yard here in NJ I transferred here with my job just so i could get up here and start the refit and restoration on her... shes actually a very very rare pt..... one of only 2 experimental 94 ft models

E

Einstein

well you sure seem to be a cool guy, welcome to the forum, got any pictures of that bad boy? hmmmmm I wonder what Im doing in a year or so.

OP
OP
U

underwoodb.

HERE ARE SOME PICS OF HER AS SHE SITS GETTIN READY FOR A BOTTOM JOB AND A PIC OF HER BRAND NEW IN 1951.

Attachments

• 1306445_2.jpg
    1306445_2.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 250
  • 1306445_13.jpg
    1306445_13.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 261
OP
OP
U

underwoodb.

YOU CAN SEE THAT SOMEONE HAS AT ONE TIME STARTED CONVERTING HER OVER TO A YACHT..QUITE UNSUCCESFULLY... HOWEVER THE ORIGINAL COCKPIT IS STILL IN TACT UNDERNEITH THE ADD ON

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!

Sounds like fun!

Keep us posted!

HH

Lonewolfe

F

Floater

Hey Underwood I didnt relize you had these pics posted. Dont worry about the e-mail. H

E

Einstein

hoooo leeeee cow. sweet thanks for the pictures, cant wait to see what you do to it. Do you have a crew working on it or are you doing it yourself when you get the chance? again welcome...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions