PERMMISION TO HUNT

S

salvet66

I HAD AN IDEA ONE DAY. PUT AN AD IN THE LOCAL FREE NEWSPAPER. ASK ANY LAND OWNERS IF THE'VE LOST SOMETHING OF VALUE IN THERE YARD. THAT WAY IF I FIND IT IT WOULD BE HANDED OVER. SHOULD I ASK TO KEEP ANYTHING ELSE I FIND? AND SHOULD I CHARGE A FINDERS FEE?ANY SUGGESTIONS ON DOING THIS????I FEEL IT WOULD BE A GOOD OPPORTUNITY, THAT WAY THEY MIGHT FIND THERE LOST JEWELRY AND I GET THE CHANCE TO HUNT THERE PROPERTY( MAYBE AN OLD ONE). SHOULD I DRAW UP A CONTRACT?

Upvote 0

michinkae

Nov 22, 2004
New York
Detector(s) used
whites DFX and XLT
never charge a finders fee. It would seem like expoitation. You are there to find relics and coins. If you make an agreement it should be to find their lost item in exchange for permission to hunt for other things. I usually just tell people that I only want to keep coins, quarters, dimes etc.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to agree with Michinkae, go for the permission. IF instead, they hand you a reward, you can accept gracefully, but once you ask , for money, word gets around, and at isn't always good

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A suggestion for an ad : Is there TREASURE in your back yard ? Coins, Jewelry, Hidden or Lost Items ? call XXX-XXX-XXXX? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?The Word "Treasure" may be good or bad. some may be afraid to loose it out to you, others may just be curious. Some people don't like the word "treasure Hunter" others are in AWE of it.

OP
OP
S

salvet66

thanks for the help everyone. i hope it works. some people might think i'd pocket their jewelry, but heck if they want to watch, let them. i was hoping to just get a chance to detect an old house, get friendly with them and maybe get other leads.i help you, you help me approach.

N

nicknyc

that sounds like a great idea.... looking for their lost wedding rings and whatnot in exchange for relic/coin hunting. i think that would definitely generate some new spots. don't know where you are, but a great community resource for posting free ads that gets a ton of traffic is craigslist.com. Here's the link to its city directory page:

http://www.craigslist.org/about/cities.html

happy hunting!

xXx

Nov 17, 2004
back in Indiana again
Detector(s) used
Multiple land, beach, underwater and specialty units
Salvet66, I have actually had the same thoughts about posting an ad in the paper, just never did.
I'd definately love to hear about the response you receive, if any.
Good luck.
xXx

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions