Pipsico 3rd Hunt: 28-31 March 2008: STILL ON!! HOORAY!!!

EX2user

Sep 4, 2007
Norfolk,Va
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explore 11
Re: Pipsico 3rd Hunt: 28-31 March 2008: Problem at Command Central

I am still looking forward to four days of camping and relaxing at pipsico. The last outing should be proof that history was not destroyed nor was the land rapped. Ann did a great job in recording all the finds and made sure that all the rules set forth were followed.
I don't know Mr. Thompson but would like to talk to him in person. If he was so concerned about Pipsico why didn't he a least stop by when we were there to express his concerns. I would also like to let him know that I did not ravish a battlefield and I did not dig in his marked off area. He is like any other archie who blames everyone for the actions of a select few. The history that is in the ground is rotting away and will be gone forever.
Instead of fighting with us why not have us help in preserving the past.

Kiros32

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HOLY CRAP ANNE!!! That's awesome. Good work guys, and I will see you in a few weeks!!!!

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Great news... I think...

The message says were are ok for "using the camp". I hope "use" includes detecting...

I'm planning to be there... again. Looking forward to it.

DCMatt

To : "Annmarie" <PRIVATE>
Subject : Re: ck request
Date : Wed, Mar 12, 2008 03:55 PM

Ann Marie,
Apparently I missed the last word on your club using camp.
It was approved. The Scout Executive, Bill Deany and the Executive Board
said ok.
Please let me know if you want to keep the date.
Pam

This was my response:

Pam...

OMG....YES...WE STILL WANT THAT DATE (28-31 March 2008)!! HOORAY!

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
DCMatt said:

Great news... I think...

The message says were are ok for "using the camp". I hope "use" includes detecting...

DCMatt

Ann Marie,
said ok.
Pam

This was my response:

Pam...

Matt, that is exactly what I said when Ann called me. I wonder if it just means we can camp there, but doesn't include metal detecting. I guess we will see when we get there.

Kiros32

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cryptodave said:
DCMatt said:

Great news... I think...

DCMatt

Ann Marie,
said ok.
Pam

This was my response:

Pam...

Matt, that is exactly what I said when Ann called me. I wonder if it just means we can camp there, but doesn't include metal detecting. I guess we will see when we get there.

Well, considering I am driving 7 hours to get there, I would feel better if I knew we could actually hunt, rather than showing up and finding out that we can't. :D

Ann, make sure you get clarification on what "using the camp" actually means.

OP
OP
LadyDigger

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Kiros32 said:
cryptodave said:
DCMatt said:

Great news... I think...

DCMatt

Ann Marie,
said ok.
Pam

This was my response:

Pam...

Well, considering I am driving 7 hours to get there, I would feel better if I knew we could actually hunt, rather than showing up and finding out that we can't. :D

Ann, make sure you get clarification on what "using the camp" actually means.

WE CAN METAL DETECT!!! And Si, as per another message I posted in your thread about what to bring....said if we EVER have a problem again..to see him, which I will do!!!

WHOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO ..... Let's get the game on...we have like 14 days to get our ideas together.

On Friday night, after we all set up and get settled in, as folks will arrive at different times....we can hunt around the camp area until dark ... and that evening, we can all sit and discuss our plans for Saturday morning.

Saturday morning, we ALL get up, get some grub, get our gear and head to our planned site and grid it out. I'll make sure to bring lots of paper, so we can draw our grids and everyone will be assigned grid areas (more than one for sure)...and as we find things...we will take pics of the item, location and mark on our paper grid where the item was found. We will keep awesome records and hope it helps us to locate for sure certain locations ... many of us feel ... is a hot spot and possible homestead!!! We can do the same thing for Sunday, for whatever area everyone deems to be something we should concentrate on.

Also, there are many other places on the land that requires attention too...so depending on the size of our group...we can probably break up into two groups....this way we have enough folks covering one particular area...

Let me know how ya'll feel about this....

I will check my work schedule this week coming and see what day I can get to Surry Co to the courthouse and/or library to check out some maps/newspapers. I cancelled my plans when I was told we could not hunt...but now I want to get back there and do some research before our hunt.

I think I will be off on Tues and Thurs this week coming, but I need to make sure before I make plans.....I will post when I plan to go up there, so if anyone wants to meet me and help me research....:)

Thanks...and I am looking forward to an awesome hunt and seeing ya'll again and for some others, for the first time!!!

Remember, WE MUST COVER ALL OF OUR HOLES.....PLEASE!!! Ranger Dan has given us a great report on our time spent at Pipsico....

Thanks,
Annmarie

PS: and to put your mind at ease....here's the email I just received from Pam this morning from the BSA OFFICE:

Date : Thu, Mar 13, 2008 09:33 AM

Ann Marie,
I will process your request today.
Remember the same applies...all findings are reported to the Ranger.
Have a great day.
Pam

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread