May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday I said I wanted to get to the failed crop field before the tractor. When I arrived he was just finishing. This field is more heavy clay & the lumps were to difficult to work on, out of stubbornness I tried for 30 mins. Got a lucky Scrappy (picture 1).

Moved back to the ploughed Bean Field where the conditions were slightly better due to the sandy soil. Spent 2.5 hours with only a Scrappy & Lead token (Picture 2).

On the way home I stopped off at a small field where the Archies had back filled a couple of trenches. I decided to go over these.
I was lucky to pull out a 17th century token of a type I need:
Henry Tvnard of the Bakers Arms, Wisbech 1657 (funny thing is its spelt WISBITCH)

I may take some time off until the fields are flatter as its too hard work for little reward.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 492
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    110 KB · Views: 495
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 487
Upvote 0

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
I may take some time off until the fields are flatter as its too hard work for little reward.

i can't believe you just said that :o what will you do with yourself?
bet it lasts untill about 10am tomorrow :D

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shaun7 said:

Seriously I'm nearly breaking my ankles & if I were finding Silver Coins I would risk it some more.

I will do the tidying, washing up & washing etc...

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
CRUSADER said:
shaun7 said:

Seriously I'm nearly breaking my ankles & if I were finding Silver Coins I would risk it some more.

I will do the tidying, washing up & washing etc...

i realize it must be tough for you to say that (the terrain i mean)!
perhaps you could post your finds from doing the housework :D

check under sofas and chairs, down the arm of a sofa is always productive!
in the kitchen..... under and behind the fridge, and don't forget to check pockets before washing clothes!

i will post my finds tomorrow ;D ;D

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those kind of fields are called leg breakers and best left alone till they get flattened somehow. Nice finds in tough conditions! I did about 5 hrs this weekend in the woods as everything else is frozen here, found one copper coin, 1856 and a few Ox shoes. HH, Mike

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well good, take a few days off Cru.... gads! What are we now going to have to look at on Tnet? Just thinking about it I am having a bit of a withdrawl fit... rolling around the floor and so, but the cat came over and licked my face so I am ok now (don't worry).. So you have to walk a bit sideways and slip back every foot or two, its better than here now, everything is frozen solid... Jeeze!

Just think the next find could be... (the very thing you are looking for)... are you hands getting itchy?

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
woody50 said:
Well good, take a few days off Cru.... gads! What are we now going to have to look at on Tnet? Just thinking about it I am having a bit of a withdrawl fit... rolling around the floor and so, but the cat came over and licked my face so I am ok now (don't worry).. So you have to walk a bit sideways and slip back every foot or two, its better than here now, everything is frozen solid... Jeeze!

Just think the next find could be... (the very thing you are looking for)... are you hands getting itchy?

I've racked my brains for the last few hours & completed my cleaning jobs & come up with a plan B for tomorrow. Its the grass field we all did on the other side of the railway, where Shaun7 got his first Roman. Its not a good field but it will do & will be a chance to try the XP on grass. At least I will come home with a pocket full of lead bullets :D

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
CRUSADER said:
woody50 said:

I've racked my brains for the last few hours & completed my cleaning jobs & come up with a plan B for tomorrow. Its the grass field we all did on the other side of the railway, where Shaun7 got his first Roman. Its not a good field but it will do & will be a chance to try the XP on grass. At least I will come home with a pocket full of lead bullets :D

didn't even make it to 10am :D
that will be easy going! :thumbsup:

i was thinking the same as woody!

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
robfinds said:
A 17th century token makes any session worthwhile in my book.

Yeap, it was a lucky last find. I could have cycled straight past the field like every other day :thumbsup:

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shaun7 said:
CRUSADER said:
woody50 said:

I was thinking of asking the farmer if you could join me on this field (if the grass is low) & the cattle aren't in it. If so are you free Weds? All I can promise is bullets but it will be good practice. Buy yourself a light spade tomorrow.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRUSADER said:
shaun7 said:
CRUSADER said:
woody50 said:

I was thinking of asking the farmer if you could join me on this field (if the grass is low) & the cattle aren't in it. If so are you free Weds? All I can promise is bullets but it will be good practice. Buy yourself a light spade tomorrow.
Not keen on grass :-\ has it been ploughed recently :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver Searcher said:
CRUSADER said:
shaun7 said:
CRUSADER said:
woody50 said:

Not keen on grass :-\ has it been ploughed recently :icon_scratch:

It was ploughed up until 2 years ago. Covered in 19th century 3 ringer bullets, but could hold any age item as its on the top of a hill over looking the river.

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
CRUSADER said:
shaun7 said:
CRUSADER said:
woody50 said:

i don't mind a bit of grass, its hard to keep away from.....for me! and your grass has roman coins in it :thumbsup:

thanks for the invite ;D

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
See, I knew you could not do it! Say find the last hammered tomorrow too...

Shaun, don't buy too light of a shovel, he means light but sturdy. You remember the hill, its one if not the hardest earth I ever dug, I had to stand on my shovel and move from side to side and sometimes didn't even get any lower. I did give up on two nice sounding finds, they were just too hard. It's a good field though, it was made harder because of the high grass.... If the steel is too thin it will just bend in that stuff there!

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
woody50 said:
See, I knew you could not do it! Say find the last hammered tomorrow too...

Shaun, don't buy too light of a shovel, he means light but sturdy. You remember the hill, its one if not the hardest earth I ever dug, I had to stand on my shovel and move from side to side and sometimes didn't even get any lower. I did give up on two nice sounding finds, they were just too hard. It's a good field though, it was made harder because of the high grass.... If the steel is too thin it will just bend in that stuff there!

the digger is sorted woody :thumbsup: and your right that hill was hard to dig i remember :D :D :D :D :D

it should be a lot softer now anyway!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread