May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday I said I wanted to get to the failed crop field before the tractor. When I arrived he was just finishing. This field is more heavy clay & the lumps were to difficult to work on, out of stubbornness I tried for 30 mins. Got a lucky Scrappy (picture 1).

Moved back to the ploughed Bean Field where the conditions were slightly better due to the sandy soil. Spent 2.5 hours with only a Scrappy & Lead token (Picture 2).

On the way home I stopped off at a small field where the Archies had back filled a couple of trenches. I decided to go over these.
I was lucky to pull out a 17th century token of a type I need:
Henry Tvnard of the Bakers Arms, Wisbech 1657 (funny thing is its spelt WISBITCH)

I may take some time off until the fields are flatter as its too hard work for little reward.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 492
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    110 KB · Views: 495
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 487
Upvote 0
A

archaeon

CRUSADER said:
Yesterday I said I wanted to get to the failed crop field before the tractor. When I arrived he was just finishing. This field is more heavy clay & the lumps were to difficult to work on, out of stubbornness I tried for 30 mins. Got a lucky Scrappy (picture 1).

Moved back to the ploughed Bean Field where the conditions were slightly better due to the sandy soil. Spent 2.5 hours with only a Scrappy & Lead token (Picture 2).

On the way home I stopped off at a small field where the Archies had back filled a couple of trenches. I decided to go over these.
I was lucky to pull out a 17th century token of a type I need:
Henry Tvnard of the Bakers Arms, Wisbech 1657 (funny thing is its spelt WISBITCH)

I may take some time off until the fields are flatter as its too hard work for little reward.

with finds like that, i would be stompin that place flat...with a spoon if i had to. your unlucky day finds are like a dream to us over here :'(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions