Plastic gold vial

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I met a gentleman at the gas station yesterday that sells dredge parts.We got chatting and he was telling me about a spot he was sampling and wanted show me the gold.He pulled from his pocket a tubular plastic object that had a pepsi lid(the screw on type)he opened up and showed me some very impressive nuggets but I was mor impressed with the bottle.He said this is a coke bottle before they blow them up.Well at first I didnt understand what he meant,but it finally sunk in!Unfortunatly I didnt ask where he got them,I guess a bootling works.He did say you could drive over it and it wouldnt break!!I need some!!!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
kuger

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know I dont recall,definatly not like a glass vial,but while in the feild it is priceless because if you have never dropped a glass vial of gold on the rocks it not cool!!!The wide mouth is also really nice to fit the clunkers.I keep a vial in the pocket of my wet suit while I am diving as you see alot of the bigger gold before you suck it up and some thing a little bigger than the small plastic vials you get would be nice.

bigfish31

Jan 4, 2007
North of Sacramento,Ca.
Detector(s) used
dfx
I remember dropping 1/2 oz in a glass vial in a restraunt, and telling everyone to please step back. I took a plastic menue and scooped as much of it as I could up and poured the whole bunch, glass,gold, and dirt in my pocket. I'm sure I lost a little. Never did that again.

OP
OP
kuger

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well a fellow e-mailed me that knows the fellow I met.He says they are are hard to get and is a "no,no",to get them??????I would pay the 35 cents I am sure they are worth,hell I would pay a dollar!We will see I dont have any connections though

Miner Matt

Greenie
Sep 8, 2007
The vials are in preform condition they are the bottle before they are put into the blow- mold.
They are very thick and can withstand alot of abuse.

Attachments

• petpreform.jpg
    petpreform.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 1,167

El Cooter

Mar 20, 2007
Merced, Ca.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, GMT, V-Sat and ML2200d
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Matt, are those from your "private collection"?

Coot

OP
OP
kuger

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Matt.

OP
OP
kuger

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

nebraskadad

Jan 8, 2005
Kuger,

I have one of the pre-form bottles, it is pretty heavy plastic, yes you can get them clear.

I think the thing would hold about 1/2lb of AU. ( I don't have enough to put in it. )
:-[ :-\

Maybe if momma gives me a kitchen pass to Moore Creek or Nome in 2009 I will be able to fill it up.

OP
OP
kuger

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am surprised nobody has marketed those in the mining/prospecting industry.I just think those are the cats meow.

Ascholten

Jul 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT
Umm.. not to get too gross but, have you checked with labs perhaps, urine specimen or other 'specimen' bottles are about the same. Brewing beer, the yeasties can come in a bottle very similar to that that is virtually unbreakable.

They are great bottles and I wish I had more myself but only have about 3.

Aaron

RetRmy

Apr 17, 2007
the gentleman that suggested labs and urine bottles has a good idea, but don't forget the blood collection vials. (if you can get them, check laboratory supplies)
I used to work at a hospital, and you can get the glass or plastic ones.they even come with a super tight stopper.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I looked up these preform vials for a while one night, but couldn't find this thread to post what I found.
The preform vials/bottles seem to be nearly impossible to get your hands on in the States... I guess unless you work, or know someone that works for one of the soda bottle factories.

Here's two of the best ones that I could find that seemed like a perfect fit.
This first two seems like the best because of the clarity... plus it's made by Nalgene, which is a durable brand of bottles.
There's all made out of polycarbonate too! Almost non-destructible!

Nalgene 1 oz. Jar
http://www.rei.com/product/402045
Nalgene 2 oz. Square Bottle
http://www.rei.com/product/605849

Here's the rest of the finds, in blue (4 oz.) & green (8 oz.)
http://www.rei.com/product/679782
http://www.rei.com/product/679781

Bran <><

OP
OP
kuger

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Bran,I will check those out when I get a chance.Man I dont know why it is so hard to get them!!!!

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
np. It's hard to get them because they don't normally make them in pre-production form like we're all wanting... so to get them would either mean shipping them from another country, or having someone that worked for one of the big factories. Either one isn't really easy.
:-\

Bran <><

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread