Please, come see my wings and dollar!!

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
I'm so excited I can barely type!! Today Mr. Pepper wanted to MD. I didn't get much sleep last night and really didn't want to but I told him OK.
Glad I did. We went to the never failing fairground and I started hitting quarters and dimes almost instantly. Within an hour I had about three bucks in dimes and quarters. I decided to try a spot I haven't hit very much. Got a hit.....dug a tiny hole and out popped the most beautiful coin I have ever found!! A 1939 Winged Liberty! I started laughing....then yelling at Mr. Pepper who was several yards away. I ran over to him and showed him my find. :icon_sunny: He had a kinda "pinched" look as he mutter..."that's great, honey." :dontknow: :wink: I then danced my way back to where I was hunting. Something flashy caught my eye. Lord and behold with only one part half covered lay ANOTHER WL!! A 1942. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I was running and dancing towards Mr. Pepper and showed him my second beauty. :headbang: Why ya'll, I swear he looked at me like MasterEagle looked at BB! :o You know like a dog with it's teeth showing?! :angel4: Scared me! I decided I best get as far as I could get away from Mr.Pepper.
So, I start back tending to my business and my "MD baby" started singing to me again! :-* Low a behold I dug up my first dollar coin! It is a 2000 Sacagawea! I had my mouth all wide open and was fixing to yell and tell Mr. Pepper ......then I got to thinking about that creepy look he gave me. Decided I'd just stay quite and spring it on him when we got home. :wink: Hope ya'll enjoy my new "babies" with me. :)

Attachments

• Winged Ladies&dollar.jpg
    Winged Ladies&dollar.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 1,104
Upvote 0

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
OP
OP
Pepper2004

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
All of you guys, and, gals, rock!! :headbang: You're always so wonderful about sharing my joy with me! Mr. Pepper clean his coins after I posted this last night. He found a 1956 Wheat cent. :hello2: He and I where both proud of him. For some reason he likes the Sac. dollar more than my WL's. :dontknow: Go figure...lol...I can still see a picture in my mind as that awesome "first" came out of the ground! I'm so use to brown coins....the sight of those Merc's made me suck in my breath and stare in awe. :love10:

For those of you that mentioned your neat finds....I'm very happy for you! :thumbsup: Thanks again you wonderful people for sharing my joy.

Pepper :-*

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice silver,

Some people have all the luck.

HH Jer

lockman209

Jun 4, 2005
Chippewa Falls
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle SL II, Whites PRL-1, (3) Whites DFX's, Whites Coinmaster 4G, Whites Silver Eagle, 2010 Whites Coinmaster, Fisher 1212-X, Fisher 1225-X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds Pepper

nebstater

Jul 24, 2007
Star City
Detector(s) used
White's - DFX,Prizm V, Spectra V3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Pepper, excellent finds. I'm still looking for my first Merc. It seems that most of the coins we find out here are Rosies. Found 3 last year and 1 already this year. Keep hoping the next hole will contain the merc. Congrats on the dollar coin as well. Keep swinging that machine, and only good things will continue to happen.

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds,

HH

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Girl. Way to smoke Mr. Pepper. Next time bet him you'll find better coins and he makes supper. LOL.

Ken

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro, Quest x10 idmaXx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds Pepper :thumbsup:
I think the Mercury dime is the best looking silver coin ever made. WTG

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
awesome finds and great story ! sounds like when the wife and i hunt :thumbsup: congrats on the great coins :icon_sunny:

nc-joe

Dec 1, 2006
Concord, NC
Detector(s) used
White's DFX and Minelab Explorer SE
Glad to see you got a pair of wings and are flying high! GREAT DAY!

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You know, one of the things I like most about this hobby is the joy and excitement it brings..you are obviously thrilled about your finds and rightly so.

WTG on the coins, especially the silver WL's! :thumbsup:

Nat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread