Please, come see my wings and dollar!!

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
I'm so excited I can barely type!! Today Mr. Pepper wanted to MD. I didn't get much sleep last night and really didn't want to but I told him OK.
Glad I did. We went to the never failing fairground and I started hitting quarters and dimes almost instantly. Within an hour I had about three bucks in dimes and quarters. I decided to try a spot I haven't hit very much. Got a hit.....dug a tiny hole and out popped the most beautiful coin I have ever found!! A 1939 Winged Liberty! I started laughing....then yelling at Mr. Pepper who was several yards away. I ran over to him and showed him my find. :icon_sunny: He had a kinda "pinched" look as he mutter..."that's great, honey." :dontknow: :wink: I then danced my way back to where I was hunting. Something flashy caught my eye. Lord and behold with only one part half covered lay ANOTHER WL!! A 1942. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I was running and dancing towards Mr. Pepper and showed him my second beauty. :headbang: Why ya'll, I swear he looked at me like MasterEagle looked at BB! :o You know like a dog with it's teeth showing?! :angel4: Scared me! I decided I best get as far as I could get away from Mr.Pepper.
So, I start back tending to my business and my "MD baby" started singing to me again! :-* Low a behold I dug up my first dollar coin! It is a 2000 Sacagawea! I had my mouth all wide open and was fixing to yell and tell Mr. Pepper ......then I got to thinking about that creepy look he gave me. Decided I'd just stay quite and spring it on him when we got home. :wink: Hope ya'll enjoy my new "babies" with me. :)

Attachments

• Winged Ladies&dollar.jpg
    Winged Ladies&dollar.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 1,104
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Pepper2004

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
Thanks so much for all the nice comments! I keep taking my coin book out and looking at them. I agree, Mercs are very beautiful coins.
Kas, good idea about the bet! :thumbsup: BEF, you better get started....I'm on a roll...lol....

Thanks again everyone for sharing my wings with me. :angel7:

HH,
Pepper

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pepper, I am so sorry I missed this thread...but holey cow, big time congrats to ya....and two of em... Super find... next will be the good SLQ .... you go girl.

bronco

Mar 2, 2008
"I think the Mercury dime is the best looking silver coin ever made. WTG"

I do to. Something inspiring about it. Both front and back and something about the size as well

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
Excellent job!!! I know that look you are talking about all too well. Check out my latest post.....I found two Mercs and a Wheat! Mastereagle had been detecting for 15 minutes or so when I showed up. The very FIRST signal I dug was 1923 Merc in beautiful condition. He just turned and walked away...I DID see his gums when he whimpered though. I watched him close the rest of the hunt and he luckily kept clear of me. :wink:

He lightened the "now tense" mood when he found a real nice Merc for himself and a dandy wheat. That was the boost of energy he needed after having doubts about his Explorer's capabilites on recent hunts. :P I had to tackle him since he was running circles around the yard at top speed in an effort to purge the excitement his newly discovered finds had provided him. I feel now, that homicide is not on his mind and I can let my guard down. :tard:

Here's to you babe!!! Congratulations on a super hunt!! Keep it up. :thumbsup:

Keep it up! I am proud of you!

Baldingboy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread