OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm okay, calmer than yesterday, and got checked out at the VA. It's likely I'll never know what happened to me. I always had a very hard head :)

I was pretty enraged yesterday. I think I should go back through this message and censor myself.

IMG_1217.JPG

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Dang it Deep. I' m out of range to be there for you. Wish I had been there though to hopefully have helped you. For what little good wishing does.

I try to keep an eye on what is around but have still been surprised by innocent traffic.

Your pic shows a lower hit that a falling tree limb or similar.
Adding your jaw too suggests a punch or strike with an long object if both are from the same strike, as you suggested a bat.

You were not likely at home if detecting. Not until you fully recover and have company could I suggest a recon.
Traffic access locations ,type of traffic ect. But that risks suspecting the wrong person( s) ...more so when mad.
I would let the authorities know. A similar event would mean a pattern.

Heal up. Cheering for you here.
I' ll take watching my 6 a greater priority again though after this. ....Easy to get lax.

Dang it Deep....

Last edited:
OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Guys and gals, I went back through and cleaned up my messages. I was pretty rattled yesterday. You hear these stories out there, and that'll never happen to you. I wish to apologize to everyone for freaking out, and owe a deep apology to our friend Book.

I saw the doctor this morning, I'll be fine. I will likely never know who what why.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:o Detect the area.
Look for Space Junk.

No I'm not trying to be Funny !

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi DeepSeeker; Get to a Hospital NOW.!!! Sounds like you have a Classic Concussion. It is nothing to fool with. Make sure this gets reported to the Police. They may be able to track down the suspects via Camera Footage in the area. For now just get to a Hospital ok. Let us know how you are doing later ok. GO NOW.!! PEACE:RONB

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Deep; Please get your head out bof your butt and go to the Hospital NOW.!!! A Concussion like that can cause Blood Clots. It is opbvious after a few days of not knowing anything tellls Us here that youn"DO" have a Concussion. Now get to the danged hospital Now. If you can't make it call 911 Rescue for an Ambulance. This is no joke. Give us your address and I'll call for you NOW ok. WE here await. PEACE:RONB

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Ron, I did see a doctor this morning. I'll be okay. Thanks for your concern.

TH just called me, concerned. Thanks everyone. My issue is that I never saw it coming. From now on I'm only going to cover one ear with my headphones. It's unlikely this will ever happen to me again. But clearly we put ourselves in harms way sometimes just doing what we love.

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
glad to see you are ok,and to see you have friends like that loco-digger guy.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe DADS needs to get a tattoo?

9582a6d97758a12fecc406ee99bec5e5.jpg

Couldn't find one of those hats with eyes in back. That's what I was after. ...All I could find was this!

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi DeepSeeker ADS; I PM'd TH trying to see if I could get your number to get the Police & an Ambulance to you. I was afraid you were so out of it that you were more seriously hurt than you let on and were incapable of helping yourself. I was gonna call the Police to go to you STAT.!!! I thank God your ok enough to last to morning. I thank TH for making that call as well. LLet us knowwhat the Doctor says in the morning and DON'T sugar coat it either ok. You got hurt bad and you need help. We are ALL praying for your health & Safety here ok. We await yourv reply after the doctors ok. May God Bless You. PEACE:RONB

mooncusser

Sep 1, 2016
salisbury maryland
Detector(s) used
garret a/t pro whites v3i whites treasure pro
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
wow....so frustrating , i would love to had been there . i just had a tnet member come hunt this week with me and we had a great time . we all share a mutual love for this hobby and i just want to say initially i didnt want to hunt with others but after having a few hunts with others its much more fun and i am more excited for there finds then my own . The guy i invited was TOMMY BUCKETS and i was super excited he found two cool rings . PARTNER UP !!! BE SAFE BROTHER !!

JoeDirty

Oct 7, 2016
Denver Colorado
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejón Black with a 5.75 concentric coil,
Tesoro Compadré 5.75 coil, Makro Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, That is serious. I detect with one side of my head phone to try to listen to hear all my surroundings. You are right, our Lord is great and He did protect you. His grace is sufficient. People have bad days and with take it out on anyone present at that time. The world is full of wicked unregenerate folks.

JoeDirty

Oct 7, 2016
Denver Colorado
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejón Black with a 5.75 concentric coil,
Tesoro Compadré 5.75 coil, Makro Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That dude has a neck like a ostrich

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, Deep.... I hope you are OK. Get a dog? Strap on a .45? What a load of crap!! You mentioned some people might not like you... I say you are polite, non-confrontational and I have never heard you utter a hateful word!. If it was the "knock out game" there is a chance the a-holes will post it on social media, that has got these... waste of space degenerates...caught before. You would have to notify the police.
Stay strong brother!!!:headbang:

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deepseeker, You owe no apology.

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi DeepSeekerADS; First, Thank so much to Moderator Treasure Hunter for making that phone call to DS. TH: You are a HERO in Our eyes.!!! :headbang: I'm glad I made that PM to you. You did the right thing. God Bless You.!!!
Now to DS; Guy, I'm sorry I sounded so harsh to you but I was truly worried about your safety. I pictured a guy walking around his house SEVERELY injured, bleeding and not having the mental capacity to help himself. The thing about everything you said told me is that you have a Severe Concussion and you were bleeding and could not focus mentally with a Severe, Bleeding gash on your head. That thing about it is that with injuries like that you could very realistically develop Blood Clots in your head or worse. To me and anyone else I believe that you needed immediate help but were too out of it to get some.
I'll tell you right now that you are a Loved & Respected Member here and in a case like that I'll use "ANY" means I have to to get you that help including harsh language. If I had your number I would have had the Police & Ambulance at your door in .2ms FLAT and tell them to kick your door through if need be ok. TH made the right move. You will see your Doctor today, RIGHT??, Let Us know what he said and You "DO" what he says ok.
ALSO; You now have a DUTY to Report this to the Police. Your Duty is not just to yourself but also to EVERY Member of your neighborhood & Community. There is some :censored: or nuts running around out there just looking for their next VICTIM. If they did it to you they "WILL" do it to others and maybe even kill them.As you said, your lucky your not DEAD.!! I know you don't want that on your conscience at all Literally ok. ALSO, make sure let Us here know what the Doctor said ok. We await your next Post AFTER you see him ok. Lastly you have ABSOLUTELY "NOTHING" to apologize for nor ANYTHING to be sorry for or Deleted in what you said in this Entire Thread ok. You were in BAD SHAPE and mentally rattled. There is NOTHING to apologize for in being like that ok. We are Praying fer ya ok. God Bless. PEACE:RONB :leprechaun-hat: :leprechaun-hat: :leprechaun-hat:

Last edited:

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi DeepSeekerADS; Just one last point here ok. If someone has a problem with you just send me a PM. I "Promise" they "will" have a problem with me and a LOT of others here as well. It would go straight to the Moderators ok.
Dang it all, Me & my Family are 100% Homeless right now and you offered me & mine a home to live in. THAT act of kindness speaks for your Integrity and your Heart. Your a GOOD Man and your like a Brother to me ok. It kills me that I was not there for you. Here in Boston the Perps would not have to worry about the cops. They'd have to worry about me and my "Friends" ok. They'd be safer on the streets than in jail, I promise you that ok. There are some here who know what I'm talking about ok. There was a time in my Life when I was NOT the Church going guy I am today I assure you. I have "Friends" in very strange places. You'd be amazed for sure. Enough said. I walked away from that World in 1982 and have not returned to it but I still see my "Friends" all the time.Lastly, I believe that you now owe it to let Us know how you are doing and healing ok. We here Love & Respect you and it would make Us happy to see you doing better and your Progress in healing up, along with your finds & hunts ok. God Bless. PEACE:RONB

Last edited:

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Folks; One thing that needs to be asked here in all of this. What say ye Folks that We the People here Nominate Moderator Treasure Hunter for Honorable Mention for his unselfish act of caring for a fellow Treasure Hunter that was severely injured ??? What say ye ?? I await. PEACE:RONB

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Now might not be the time but when feeling better, if me, I'd go back and scout the area (with a sidekick just in case). I usually don't suspect the worse so maybe a line drive from some kid hitting a baseball. Tell the cops about so they can interview any people living close by. Maybe someone saw something or maybe the cops might discover a disgruntled home owner that doesn't like detectorists during their investigation.
Regardless of where this leads, the police should know because if is a criminal act they might be able to stop it from happening again.

Heal well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread