Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2003
Allentown Pa.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You never know what your gonna find when your looking for spots to detect... we decided to detect along the missouri river last week, we were on a friends property, and we stumbled across a section filled with bones and indian artifacts...

They turned out to be Pleistocene horse, dire wolf, peccarie, sabertooth cat, mastadon and other Pleistocene mammals...

Here are some of the finds I will be posting more pics in the next week or so... we took the bones to a local cave that has a museum with Pleistocene animal bones that were found in it, the curator helped ID some of the pieces for us. we have over 40 Indian pieces too my brother in law is cleaning the Indian artifacts and as soon as thats done I'll post pics of them too.

treasure is where you find it!! hh all jd

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    118.4 KB · Views: 604
Upvote 0

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
:o WOW, JD; that's amazing!
the find of a lifetime. cool
Congrats *Bigtime*!!!!!!!
many HH days :)

alwayslookin

Sep 30, 2004
Indy
Too cool JD. Did the Museum people want to know where you made your finds?? Hope you were on private property. Hope you get to keep the stuff.

Dave

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JD, that is something. You come up with the neatest stuff! ?I bet you end up with a truck load before your done! Tsgman

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow J.D. those are truly amazing, once in a lifetime finds. I'll bet their are collectors who would pay anything for some of those items.

Congratulations on the superb finds and I hope the state or other government officials do not get involved...eeeekkk.

Way to go!

Paul in WA

Oct 22, 2005
Washington State
Detector(s) used
DFX
OUTSATNDING!!!!!! We have very few fossils out here, so I like to hear about others finding them. I use to find them a lot when I lived in Michigan. I wish I had spent more time looking for them there now that I live where there arent many. Keep us posted on this site......

Paul

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Really cool stuff J.D. It really does pay to keep your eye's open. There one of the best weapons a treasure hunter has.

HH Jer

OP
OP
j.d. in the usa

j.d. in the usa

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2003
Allentown Pa.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks everyone :) will be posting more pics soon !!! "vrent" buddy you are right the missouri river temp is only 38 degrees right now... but when your crazy your crazy we are going up and down that monster in John boat, talk about cold.... but its worth it !!!!!!! :) hh all jd

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread