Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2003
Allentown Pa.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You never know what your gonna find when your looking for spots to detect... we decided to detect along the missouri river last week, we were on a friends property, and we stumbled across a section filled with bones and indian artifacts...

They turned out to be Pleistocene horse, dire wolf, peccarie, sabertooth cat, mastadon and other Pleistocene mammals...

Here are some of the finds I will be posting more pics in the next week or so... we took the bones to a local cave that has a museum with Pleistocene animal bones that were found in it, the curator helped ID some of the pieces for us. we have over 40 Indian pieces too my brother in law is cleaning the Indian artifacts and as soon as thats done I'll post pics of them too.

treasure is where you find it!! hh all jd

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    118.4 KB · Views: 604
Upvote 0

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
Awsome stuff! I hope you can go back and find the skull of the saber tooth... it would be worth a fortune!!!

badandy

Aug 31, 2005
Collinsville, IL.
You two found something that most artifact hunters will never find, but always hope too. I kill to look over a site like the one you found. If all that was on the surface there's no telling what has been washed away. Is the site on a big bend in the river or maybe on top of a bluff?

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The first month of the year isn't even over yet and you're off to a great start.Excellent find's,can't wait to see the Indian artifact's.How old is that horseshoe that crawled up your pant's leg....JK...HH and post the new pic's when you can.WTG...

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Obviously a lot of that stuff wasn't found with a detector. Did you accidentally find the site and just dig or what? Museum quality stuff! Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread