All Treasure Hunting
CRHing is like dumpster diving.

You can only be so cool while doing it.

Rushfan

Aug 18, 2012
Southern California
Primary Interest:
Other
The naivety of the public never fails to amaze me. I know a lot of people that don't even know what scrapping is

Scrapping: Fan club of Scrappy Doo...?

Attachments

• scrappy.jpg
    scrappy.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 122
OP
OP
GarouLady

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
God you guys have no sense of humor. Bunch of sticks in the mud. Worse than survivalists. paranoid up what whazoo. I did mean it as a joke. Posting on this board is like posting on a conspiracy forum. Paranoid, mine,mine,mine mentality. Holy smokies folks. Go outside and smell the fresh air. Me I am going to watch youtube videos and smile happy at all the silver others are finding.

Hugs and smiles
-Garoulady

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
God you guys have no sense of humor. Bunch of sticks in the mud. Worse than survivalists. paranoid up what whazoo. I did mean it as a joke. Posting on this board is like posting on a conspiracy forum. Paranoid, mine,mine,mine mentality. Holy smokies folks. Go outside and smell the fresh air. Me I am going to watch youtube videos and smile happy at all the silver others are finding.

Hugs and smiles
-Garoulady

Have you ever heard that sarcasm does not type well?

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hugs and smiles
-Garoulady

Two things you need to understand about this forum...

#1. There are many people here, myself included, that make quite a bit of money off of roll searching. When you even jokingly propose something that possibly threatens that stream of income, you are basically poking the beast with a stick.

#2. This is the internet. You are not a professional writer. Your posts have no tone nor clear sign of joking. Whatever you say will be taken seriously, so be serious.

Rushfan

Aug 18, 2012
Southern California
Primary Interest:
Other
Or, if you're joking, please make that clear. If comedy is one of your strong points, please understand your audience. Posting "Let's popularize CRH'ing" is like posting "gun control is fabulous" on a 2nd amendment forum.... And bigscores summed it up pretty well. Please let us know about your finds, and your hunting.

People here are generally affable and helpful... but when you "unintentionally" stir the hornet's nest, don't wonder why you're getting stung while yelling at the hornets.

Ben-Ro

May 18, 2012
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other

Hugs and smiles
-Garoulady

A simple "(j/k)" and this thread would be two posts long.

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Last person who suggested this got banned with extreme prejudice, and the post deleted. Unfortunately, he was quite serious about it.

Can't think of a better way to kill the hobby...

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FormerTeller said:
Last person who suggested this got banned with extreme prejudice, and the post deleted. Unfortunately, he was quite serious about it.

Can't think of a better way to kill the hobby...

Anyone who this this was a good idea sould be banned

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Our forum IQ just collectively dropped a few points. .... What an idiotic idea... Yea that would be great why don't we wright books and videos and make tv shows over hyping how easy it is too get silver so you yourself can't enjoy your hobby because to many people are doing it and most likely abusing it...Fabulous idea... Simply fabulous.
This forum sucks.... It was ok for the first two week when I joined now there is nothing interesting being posted just dumb bickering threads about nothing and new CRH posting ridiculous things like this.

[emphasis mine] Really, Easy? You want to critique the forum and it's collective IQ? I rarely see you contributing and helping out others constructively. Your first two weeks consisted of countless questions that could have been answered by reading through the forum and it's archives. It was only a few weeks ago that you thought the mintmark on the Buffalo nickel was below the date. You were constructively corrected, but yet you are the first to criticize TNet. Instead of being part of the problem, try being part of the solution. I challenge you and others to try to answer others questions.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigscores said:
Two things you need to understand about this forum...

#1. There are many people here, myself included, that make quite a bit of money off of roll searching. When you even jokingly propose something that possibly threatens that stream of income, you are basically poking the beast with a stick.

#2. This is the internet. You are not a professional writer. Your posts have no tone nor clear sign of joking. Whatever you say will be taken seriously, so be serious.

I'm with big scores... I live in a city w/ 1-2 MILLION people in it. If even ONE new CRHer started searching & dumping the volume I have been doing at my bank chains, the hobby would probably be banned here overnight by the those banks. I have developed a good system & made friends with the tellers I pick up and dump at. Newbies tend to not follow the standard rules of CRHing etiquette that we consider commandments when it comes to the hobby. I have found 5 figures worth of silver in the last year of CRHing, so ya, some of us do take threats to our hobby just a tad bit seriously!

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At the end of each episode it could end with something like this "For more information on Coin Roll Hunting visit Tnet and it's popular and most informative CRH Forum"

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At the end of each episode it could end with something like this "For more information on Coin Roll Hunting visit Tnet and it's popular and most informative CRH Forum"

but Beware those without a sense of Humor :laughing7:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread