jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
haha of course every roll would need to be spiked with silver .

And once the coin roll hunter was done for he day he would need to walk across the street to the dealer
and tell him how much he wants, and the dealer would have to agree and say silver roosies are very rare !
I'll take all you can get me !

and then they would all have to fold their arms in a buffalo stance
the-abandoned-crew1_55422_0_0_100x75.jpg
, cut to a alley way & see a computer generated Explosion.

vetarun

Jan 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a great idea! Get your info out to all the world at one time so you wouldn't have to keep repeating yourself in banks all the time. Here is also an idea. You can have knitting or cross-stitching commercials.

mishra142

Oct 4, 2011
That would crush our hobby. Less people interested the better. This is why I never post my finds. The last thing I want to do is encourage someone to crh.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
That would crush our hobby. Less people interested the better. This is why I never post my finds. The last thing I want to do is encourage someone to crh.
How can one not already know about rollhunting, gimme a break. I was 15 in 1978, (yes, there was color TV), and common sense told me to go to the bank, buy rolls, and search for silver.

There was no Youtube back in '78, but we did have Atari - heeeeeeeyyyyyyy!

Last edited:

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This could be the dumbest idea I've seen. Why would u want more people learning about this from a show that would be completely fake. It's bad enough we had that awful MDing show on spike.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
How can one not already know about rollhunting, gimme a break. I was 15 in 1978, (yes, there was color TV), and common sense told me to go to the bank, buy rolls, and search for silver.

Exactly. The people in these shows would spike the coins with silver, and then the people who go to the bank quit after seeing they didn't get a solid roll every time or something like that. Plus, most of Americans don't care about getting silver because they do lots of other stuff and could care less about silver.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other

Uh, I didn't know about it, I came across a youtube video by accident looking for info on scrapping metal went to the bank the next day and started ordering boxes almost a year ago now, I'm 41 and didn't know about it. Now I do 12 boxes a week of halves, so yes, there are lots of people out there who don't know about it. HH, Maverick.

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another trolling account?

I think it's a bad idea. You let too many people know, too many people do the wrong thing, and boom, banks cut us all off.

Rushfan

Aug 18, 2012
Southern California
Primary Interest:
Other
I can be the star of the show...! It will feature me opening a box of halves at my kitchen table, listening to Rush... The camera will zoom in after the last roll is opened to capture the tear rolling down my cheek after yet another skunk box... the voice-over will say, "Rushfan is on his 5th skunk box" as I sob quietly in the background in a fetal position...

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
accordselux said:
Another trolling account?

I think it's a bad idea. You let too many people know, too many people do the wrong thing, and boom, banks cut us all off.

I agree. There are a lot of dumb people out there who are completely oblivious to what we do... That's why everyone scratches their heads in the line at the bank. When was the last time someone in line at the bank said to you, "oh you must be one one of those guys who goes through halves and finds thousands of $s in silver!" A show on CRHing would ruin our hobby almost overnight. These newbies wouldn't play by the rules - they would come in & buy all the banks' available coin (not order it ahead of time) then bring it back 5 min later, & just puss off the tellers, who would complain to mgmt & game over.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coin roll hunting is just like Back country skiing.

SOME of the people who partake in these activities thing they are special people, with a special hobby. They are the only people with the smarts to out-think the hoards. To go where no man has gone before. If Joe-Schmoe get's into his activity, then the hobby is ruined. This person spends much time in angst over this conundrum.

The silver ain't going nowhere. The powder snow ain't going nowhere.

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our forum IQ just collectively dropped a few points. .... What an idiotic idea... Yea that would be great why don't we wright books and videos and make tv shows over hyping how easy it is too get silver so you yourself can't enjoy your hobby because to many people are doing it and most likely abusing it...Fabulous idea... Simply fabulous.
This forum sucks.... It was ok for the first two week when I joined now there is nothing interesting being posted just dumb bickering threads about nothing and new CRH posting ridiculous things like this.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to up the Ante, Easy. *thumbs down, and a fart noise

sack0silver

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll direct this awful POS. I will take no less than 650 40%er and 350 90%er every 2 days.

Dark

Aug 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our forum IQ just collectively dropped a few points. .... What an idiotic idea... Yea that would be great why don't we wright books and videos and make tv shows over hyping how easy it is too get silver so you yourself can't enjoy your hobby because to many people are doing it and most likely abusing it...Fabulous idea... Simply fabulous.
This forum sucks.... It was ok for the first two week when I joined now there is nothing interesting being posted just dumb bickering threads about nothing and new CRH posting ridiculous things like this.

It was obviously a joke.
Go take a little break, you seem upset.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL that's weird on the way to my pickup bank this morning I was envisioning a CRH show, sold more as "hunting for cashed in collections" rather than just "searching through rolls." I then thought wow, if there was anything that would ruin this hobby, that would be it. I mean really, think about it, people are already at banks all the time, do you think I ned 30 people a day asking for halves at all my banks? that's all it would take, people wouldn't progress to ordering boxes (well, most), but everyone and their brother would ask for "silver coins" at all the banks around. Bam, your chances of finding teller tray silver would drop substantially, as well as any hope of finding customer wrapped rolls. Way less silver going to boxes too.

This actually scares me considering they've made absolutely terrible reality TV shows that you couldn't imagine anyone would ever watch (ever seen honey boo-boo? ugh), so I wouldn't be surprised if CRH is next.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The naivety of the public never fails to amaze me. I know a lot of people that don't even know what scrapping is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread