Post photos ?

lumbercamp

Jun 22, 2006
I can't help you at all. I'm probably an older fart then you. I have to have my kids post pictures for me. Hire a neighbor kid, they know everything about computers.

Z

ZipDogg

Hello Papa & lumbercamp, (This is ZipDogg) There is a site, or a link to a site that's on (or linked to) TreasureNet. It tells all about best ways to post pictures. I'll go look for it now, I'm slow with Dial-up, so if anybody else can find and post the site first, jump on in and post the location.
;D

Z

ZipDogg

O.K., I found it. Left click "Home" (Treasure Net Homepage) also known as the index page, and then scroll down to the "Photo/Photograpgs" subject. There is 8 people with their "New Topics", describing there techniques. I hope this helps.
As you'll see, many treasure hunting(TN'n) subjects start there.
Lottsa luck,
-ZipDogg

OP
OP
papa

papa

Sep 21, 2006
Still no joy,I've tyred 3 times. When I click on "read first" it won't open,says, not available or not open to me.Then I went to browse,picked out photo and tryed to post,all I get is error Now what ?

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
papa said:
Still no joy,I've tyred 3 times. When I click on "read first" it won't open,says, not available or not open to me.Then I went to browse,picked out photo and tryed to post,all I get is error Now what ?

For one, you can't preview them. They have to be either jpeg, gif, or kml types. Most pics are jpegs. There is also a limit on pic size of 128 kb (kilobytes). They may need to be resized down which can be done either in a photo editor or Paint.
If you're an old fart like me and use Win 98SE, open your picture file and click on the picture 1 time. Look on the left side of the screen and you should see a small version of your picture and right above is the size in kb.

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
okay, the first image in your post is allowed to be 384 kb. any additional are only allowed 128 kb. the first image in your post needs to register it's size on your pc as 384 kb or less. on your pc right click the image and then click properties and it will tell you the image size. once uploaded the TNET server it is reported as much smaller.

what graphics program are you using to edit your images?

OP
OP
papa

papa

Sep 21, 2006
OK,what you are telling me is all Greek to me.Do what with who ? I'm running XP on my computer. When I try to go "read this" I get "an error has occur,or it's off limits to me"
Lets try this one more time,nice and slow,step by step.
HEY WILL DIG FOR FOOD,hold your horses,I need more coffee. ???

Z

ZipDogg

Sometimes when you get "may be off limits" it means you forgot to left click at the top of the page where it says "login", then fill in your username & password.

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
OK, well step by step, here it is.

Open up a new post, type in your wording just like you did when you started this post.
Down below the text box, you'll see the words "Add Images" with a long box next to it.
Click the "browse" button next to the box.
Remember where you stashed your pic on your computer? Thats hwat your browsing for, searching your own computer for the picture file.
Once you locate it, double click on the image name, and it should automatically appear in the Add Images box.

To add several pics, click the (more attachments) next to the browse button you used, and repeat the process. Up to 6 total per post.

You won't see the images appear until you hit the "post" button, below. Then you'll be back in the forum you put the post in, and your post will appear. Go into your post, and there should be your pics, no prob.

A couple things to remember:

The max size of any pic is 128 kb.
6 per post.
Only jpeg, gif, or kml files are allowed. So when you save your pics on your computer make sure it is saved as one of these (jpeg is preferred)

If your file is too big (over 128 kb) you will need to use a photo editor to shrink it down a bit before you save it as a jpeg, then post it.

This sounds like a lot of steps, but once you've done it, its really quite easy. The first time is the hardest.

Attachments

• pic31552.jpg
    pic31552.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 200
  • pic31552.jpg
    pic31552.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 207
OP
OP
papa

papa

Sep 21, 2006
Yeah,now I've got it. Even got the profile photo right :) Now,am I handsome or what ;D

OP
OP
papa

papa

Sep 21, 2006
I've resized a photo twice,and it still is at 824 kb. The first time I resized it by 50 persent,photo got smaller but still 824 kb,resized again by 50 persent,and I'm still at 824 kb. Is there a different program I can try ?Or am I still doing something wrong ???

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Zooming in and out on the pic doesn't work.... Try going to edit, near the top of the page when you are in your picture viewer. Under Edit should be an option to resize. It'll show you the current size of the pic, you can guess whatever size you want it to be. After resizing, hit "save", or "save as" and then the kb should be smaller. Takes some playing around with to get it.

knapper

Jun 25, 2006
atlanta ga
Detector(s) used
IDX CLASSIC , SURFMASTER PI
i figured it out download photo to desk top in a new folder right click on the folder and click on paint now click on image tab and then strech/skew option change 100% to 30% in the 1st&2nd box click OK Finlay click on file tab and save as easy stuff mike in atlanta

OP
OP
papa

papa

Sep 21, 2006
OK,I'll give it a shot,who knows what will happen? I can't mess it up any more than I already have ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions