Post Your Crazy, Insane and Problem eBay Customers Here... Sellers Too!

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been buying and selling with eBay since 2001, I've had more horror stories than I can count it's amazing that eBay is even around still and in the us. You would think at some point the government would step in and analyze the business practices of this mob mentality organization...one could only wish I guess..

My latest incident goes like this, purchased 2 off the same items, seller only ships one. Write the seller and an am ignored. Open an item not revived claim a few days later, still nothing from seller after multiple messages. A week or so goes buy and the seller finally responds saying they are sorry and see that indeed they messed up and only shipped one item and will be sending out the second. Two more weeks go by with nothing showing up, write the seller again and am ignored. Finally the case reaches the close day and I get a message from eBay that they have sided with the seller and closed the case since the item shows as delivered... irate I call eBay and again I'm told the tracking number shows as delivered and I tell them yes ONE of my items was delivered, the other was not.. I tell them to look at the damn messages where the seller admits to only shipping one. They put me in hold for a while and come back saying they reversed the decision.. There system is so ridiculous it actually promotes frad in someways, and with no human actually looking into anything and the system making decisions this is the end result.. ridiculous..

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh wow! Yeah, I can see how that is upsetting.

So I saw a 14K pin. I wanted to know the weight, to see if it is worth it. This is the reply I get back:

The weight wasn't listed on purpose, as it is not a scrap item.

I wrote back, thanks for answering the question and took the pin off my watch list.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Surely this would be covered by seller protection...
I would hope, especially since it shows delivered to her address and someone left positive feedback. All you need to resolve a credit card chargeback is proof of delivery.

mug- Did you send her a message asking what's up?

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn kids, another item sold, buyer comes back saying his kid got the phone and bid on it... Wants to cancel it.

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Seriously! I really feel that eBay should not allow that excuse. I mean, next we'll hear, my dog clicked on it. If your kid clicked enough to actually but it, the parent should be responsible for paying for it.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a week, now I have a lady who bought a pair of earrings for $95. Send me an email asking if I would take 60 for them instead. I replied back no I wont. I can send a cancel order form sorry I cannot take 60. She lost her mind!

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seriously! I really feel that eBay should not allow that excuse. I mean, next we'll hear, my dog clicked on it. If your kid clicked enough to actually but it, the parent should be responsible for paying for it.
Don't laugh, I'll never forget putting in a "butt bid" on an item one day at work when I had my phone in my back pocket. When I looked at it I noticed it was showing photos of a sword I was watching. I didn't think much of it and cleared it off to make a call. Several hours later (the next time I went to use my phone), I noticed I was the $167.50 high bidder on the sword. I unknowingly bid with a maximum bid of $9776.00!

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
ROTFL dig! I remember you telling us that.
How did you get out of it? I can imagine that selling coming here and writing ... I can take the cake y'all ... I had a buyer claim his "butt" bid for him. Rotfl&l!!!

SDIceMan

Nov 12, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Accepted a 'Best Offer' on an item over the weekend, only to have the buyer contact me today and say that they appreciated me accepting the offer, but they just meant to express their interest. Lol! At least that's what I think they're saying. Here is the message:

I am grateful for the offer, however, I only am showing interest by inquiring for a price adjustment. I do not wish to buy it at this time. I am respectfully emailing so that you may resist it. In the future, if I only show interest for a lower price and I am only inquiring, is this feature made available to buyers on Ebay?

I've blocked 704ginopepe226. Feel free to do the same.

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I do not wish to buy it at this time. I am respectfully emailing so that you may resist it.

Silly you! He merely wanted you to resist his offer.
Great suggestion he has for you, for people to express interest but not buy. Maybe he should send that to the eBay tech team, so they can get right to work on it.
Maybe you should suggest that to him? Rotfl! At least he as respectful. Bwahaha.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ROTFL dig! I remember you telling us that.
How did you get out of it? I can imagine that selling coming here and writing ... I can take the cake y'all ... I had a buyer claim his "butt" bid for him. Rotfl&l!!!
Yeah right! I put in a bid retraction and the seller got mad because I didn't ask him to cancel my bid instead. He messaged me and called me a not so nice name or two, lol.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sold a bracelet on auction. selling for $206.14k. 9.6 g. Guy gets it in the mail and wants to instantly return it that day. Because of the marking on it. He says is gold filled not 14 K. Wants his money back and he's very upset! The bracelet is worthless and he's not thrilled. I got it back today tested it it's pure gold. The guys a moron or his wife wore it for one day who knows. But the marking is F14 K on it. Ugh!! Some people!

That was the 2nd return on a bracelet. The other one was for $400 the lady said the link was broken but it was just stuck. I just slightly wiggled it and it came free. Man people are dumb!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1449004237.904315.jpg

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never recieved any communication or payment from this Seller ..modesto15us ( 68) ..ridiculous we cant leave negative feedback about these losers..what can sellers do?

I leave negative feed back simular to this. Last i checked they were still up and i never got called out on it.

GREAT EBAYER!! Does not return messages or pay. Sellers watch out.

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
super-stock-2010
A name to block. I sent her a watch via the GSP. Watch arrived broken. I spoke with Ebay. Buyer needs to contact GSP. She won't. She wants me to. I can't, because I don't have the information. She just filed a claim with PP. I just blocked her.

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Check out this message I got about a pendant I sold a few days ago.
"Hi you had a gold and cz pendant for sale for $49. I missed it but wish to purchase, please advise"

Here's some advice... Make a time machine, go back and buy it.
Or ... Next time you want something, buy it! 😂😂😂

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought I'd post my kind of funny seller experience. I swore I'd never sell on Ebay again, I started back up in Dec.(around there) after years of not selling. Around 50 transactions later and it has been problem free for the most part. Anyhow, here's what being a nice guy gets you! I had an Item on there in an auction listing, the bid ended around $120....In my listing I say I ship within two days, I'd like payment within 2 days. A week goes by no payment, I contact the buyer, it goes a few more days, he tells me he made a mistake and bid on accident. I say Ok, No big deal.It happens, I don't want anyone to get a strike because of a mistake. I'll cancel the transaction, you agree and you won't get hit with a non pay. I do my part he doesn't accept the cancel and I have to wait for the time to run out without him responding. I can't relist the item until then. Another 10 days or so.

Finally I can relist the item! I relist as a BIN with a make offer. I like that! I can control some of the stuff I really don't care if I sell or not! To get to the point!:laughing7: I get a ton of offers! The guy that didn't want to pay? Makes offer of 80 bucks. By then I had offers of over 180. (ya go figure, the auction brings less in that case) I tell him sry, you already bid and won once and didn't want to pay also telling him I have an offer way higher at over $180. He then comes back with an offer at $240(about can't remember exact number)

So, The guy that said he bid by mistake, and I tried to cancel the sale to keep him from getting any strikes also holding up the item? Tries to make an offer of over $100 more when I relisted, and had to wait over two weeks when said and done to relist to help keep him from getting a nonpay? :icon_scratch: Even though I would liked to have had more money I sold it to someone for less so I wouldn't have a problem! Also, happy I got more than the original auction listing.

Anyone run into that yet? Or something similar? And what's with people making odd offers or counter offers? I mean they have it down to cents!:laughing7: I also lost a $72 deal because the guy would not come up to $75. :icon_scratch: But the next guy offered $85 and I took it! :laughing7: You just never know! And some of it has no reasoning at all. Timing is everything I guess! That might depend on the items too!:dontknow:

Last edited:

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought I'd post my kind of funny seller experience. I swore I'd never sell on Ebay again, I started back up in Dec.(around there) after years of not selling. Around 50 transactions later and it has been problem free for the most part. Anyhow, here's what being a nice guy gets you! I had an Item on there in an auction listing, the bid ended around $120....In my listing I say I ship within two days, I'd like payment within 2 days. A week goes by no payment, I contact the buyer, it goes a few more days, he tells me he made a mistake and bid on accident. I say Ok, No big deal.It happens, I don't want anyone to get a strike because of a mistake. I'll cancel the transaction, you agree and you won't get hit with a non pay. I do my part he doesn't accept the cancel and I have to wait for the time to run out without him responding. I can't relist the item until then. Another 10 days or so.

Finally I can relist the item! I relist as a BIN with a make offer. I like that! I can control some of the stuff I really don't care if I sell or not! To get to the point!:laughing7: I get a ton of offers! The guy that didn't want to pay? Makes offer of 80 bucks. By then I had offers of over 180. (ya go figure, the auction brings less in that case) I tell him sry, you already bid and won once and didn't want to pay also telling him I have an offer way higher at over $180. He then comes back with an offer at $240(about can't remember exact number)

So, The guy that said he bid by mistake, and I tried to cancel the sale to keep him from getting any strikes also holding up the item? Tries to make an offer of over $100 more when I relisted, and had to wait over two weeks when said and done to relist to help keep him from getting a nonpay? :icon_scratch: Even though I would liked to have had more money I sold it to someone for less so I wouldn't have a problem! Also, happy I got more than the original auction listing.

Anyone run into that yet? Or something similar? And what's with people making odd offers or counter offers? I mean they have it down to cents!:laughing7: I also lost a $72 deal because the guy would not come up to $75. :icon_scratch: But the next guy offered $85 and I took it! :laughing7: You just never know! And some of it has no reasoning at all. Timing is everything I guess! That might depend on the items too!:dontknow:

I think you made the right choice not dealing with that nut job again. Sounds to me like that guy was a scammer of some sort.

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I would have blocked him at the point where he didn't agree to cancel your auction.
I had a buyer run up my silver lot way high, pay, and a half hour later, ask to cancel. EBay told me not to force it, cuz he would return the it.
The second chance offer was blocked, and the third chance guy said I had shill bidding going on.
Sigh.

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And some of it has no reasoning at all.

That pretty much explains it right there, other than the original bidder just being vindictive when you didn't agree to their unreasonable demands.

Like someone said on another post, some people view eBay as an electronic yard sale, trying to squeeze out every last nickel. It does get tiresome.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread