POST YOUR DREAM BOX(or bag) HERE!!

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, just a bit bored and figured might as well give this a go since I haven't had time to CRH in over a week.

Post your dream box(or bag) here, pictures would be great, stories, anything.

We all know some mega-scores have come and go, some forgotten, some not. Even if it's a couple ounces of silver, if it is a personal dream score, feel free to post it!!!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
amazing. Gives me hope on what can still be out there. also a great way for the "old timers" to share their finds, they will soon be forgotten, and it is always good to bring up major scores a few times a year. :hello2:

usandthem

May 19, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My best "box" contained one Half Crown (British). I have better luck with CWR. I've only found about 15 40%ers. :'(

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
usandthem said:
My best "box" contained one Half Crown (British). I have better luck with CWR. I've only found about 15 40%ers. :'(
what year was the half crown? It could be silver.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
TXTim said:

Scores like these are truly amazing - makes me want to just drive around the state and search banks all the time. Wish I just had some knid of silver sensing device to help me determine which banks had 'em and which didn't - but not ever knowing is just part of the hunt.

keep on searchin' and HH

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
This bag back in July was my best so far.

oxbowbarefoot said:
Today was my best day of CRH so far. I went through 4 boxes of halves, $240 in CW Dimes, $200 in CW Quarters and 1 $220 bag of loose half dollars.

Here are the results

from 4 boxes of halves
24x 40%
4 x 90%

from the dimes and quarters
1 1962 Dime
1 1968 50% silver canadian quarter.

The bag was what I consider to be a pro-rated dream bag. It was $220 in halves, from which I pulled the following:
15x WLH
8X Franklins
9x 1964 Kennedy's
23x 40 Kennedy Halves
55 total silvers

I almost didn't buy the bag because I did not have an account at the bank and they wouldn't sell it to me without one. I asked how much was in the bag and how long they had had it. They told me they have been saving for over a year and just kept a running tally on the bag. I decided to open an account just to buy it. Sure am glad I did. I will try to add some pics later.

As a bonus I found a a silver class ring in a debris cup while dumping some halves. I will try to return it, but it only has initials...

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
oxbowbarefoot said:
This bag back in July was my best so far.

oxbowbarefoot said:
Today was my best day of CRH so far. I went through 4 boxes of halves, $240 in CW Dimes, $200 in CW Quarters and 1 $220 bag of loose half dollars.

Here are the results

from 4 boxes of halves
24x 40%
4 x 90%

from the dimes and quarters
1 1962 Dime
1 1968 50% silver canadian quarter.

The bag was what I consider to be a pro-rated dream bag. It was $220 in halves, from which I pulled the following:
15x WLH
8X Franklins
9x 1964 Kennedy's
23x 40 Kennedy Halves
55 total silvers

I almost didn't buy the bag because I did not have an account at the bank and they wouldn't sell it to me without one. I asked how much was in the bag and how long they had had it. They told me they have been saving for over a year and just kept a running tally on the bag. I decided to open an account just to buy it. Sure am glad I did. I will try to add some pics later.

As a bonus I found a a silver class ring in a debris cup while dumping some halves. I will try to return it, but it only has initials...

I'd say that bank was worth having to open an acct. nice score.

triplejway

Jul 11, 2011
My best score was just 3 weeks ago, 29 solid rolls of Walkers, 580 total. Accounts for about 95%+ of my total finds in the 3 months I have been CRHing.

I still love just staring at the stack.....

Attachments

• Silver1.jpg
    Silver1.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 775
  • Silver2.jpg
    Silver2.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 763
  • silver3.jpg
    silver3.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 743
  • Silver1.jpg
    Silver1.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 756
  • Silver2.jpg
    Silver2.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 748
  • silver3.jpg
    silver3.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 754

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
triplejway said:
My best score was just 3 weeks ago, 29 solid rolls of Walkers, 580 total. Accounts for about 95%+ of my total finds in the 3 months I have been CRHing.

simply amazing! after a score like that it's hard to imagine you could ever do any better than that. that's over $9,000 worth of silver bought at fv. Wow. :notworthy:

HH

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
SilverFace said:
triplejway said:

simply amazing! after a score like that it's hard to imagine you could ever do any better than that. that's over $9,000 worth of silver bought at fv. Wow. :notworthy:

HH

And I love looking @ those stacks too - thanks for the great pics!

HH

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
triplejway said:

I keep coming back to this post to read the amazing scores and look at the great pics - makes me want to crh even more.

Btw, have you checked the dates and mint marks on all those 580 Walkers - you may have some better/earlier dates that have some numismatic value over their intrinsic value. :dontknow:

keep on searchin'

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
maine_Jim said:
Well - I haven't looked at this post in a while. Check it out!

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,286210.html

It was a very fun day! It is still out there but I doubt I will ever top it.

Maine_Jim

definitely a dream score. And it is hard to imagine ever doing any better than that. And those coins are currently worth at least twice what they were then. Belated congrats. :thumbsup:

HH

AGBlex

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
southern, Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lets go low end here haha . I'll go back to my box of cents last week wher i pulled 55 wheaties:) haha that was a fun one for me
and i guess the one time the teller handed my girlfriend 60 bucks worth of silver for 7 dollars:)

White Silver

Oct 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuffaloBoy said:
TheRockDoc said:
palidin20603 said:
Easy a box of halves with 1,000 Bens, WL, and Barbers all mixed together

Unreal.... Amazing. I think there is a very good chance that expiriencing something like this would be the end for me. As in, I think I would actually die.
that of a heart attack seeing all that silver staring up at you!!! imagine that today with each 90% half dollar worth almost $15.

I think he was saying that would be his dream bag, not that's what he got

gordon and tanner

Dec 10, 2009
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
I had two dream rolls bought at the same time. One solid roll of quarters and one solid roll of dimes. Our best box of halves was 64 40%.

Dad and Tanner
Keep on Searching

Attachments

• 100_8576.JPG
    100_8576.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 714

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread