🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

lockman209

Jun 4, 2005
Chippewa Falls
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle SL II, Whites PRL-1, (3) Whites DFX's, Whites Coinmaster 4G, Whites Silver Eagle, 2010 Whites Coinmaster, Fisher 1212-X, Fisher 1225-X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff, I don't think so but all members of our club are given the info to this site. He has not been to his first meeting yet. He will be at the June 5th meeting.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dazlin demon said:
I want to nominate Texas Connection for Honorable Mention
He found my ring for me........

Is his or your Post about it with The story ?

If it isn't in Honorable Mention already Give me a link

whitesPA

Jul 6, 2005
i returned a class ring that i found at a drained lake a few years ago . i cant take the credit for finding the owner. i called the school and gave them the info from the ring and they knew the lady . she contacted me and i met her and her grilfriend out at the lake and returned it to her . the year on the ring was 1958. as for proof i only have my word that it happened .but made me fell like i did something good .

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
whitesPA said:
i returned a class ring that i found at a drained lake a few years ago . i cant take the credit for finding the owner. i called the school and gave them the info from the ring and they knew the lady . she contacted me and i met her and her grilfriend out at the lake and returned it to her . the year on the ring was 1958. as for proof i only have my word that it happened .but made me fell like i did something good .

Yea I remember that.
It was fun finding Rings there & Returning them

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi Jeff,

Well I got another Craigslist lost ad ring Found..only took about 12 months since my last success.

I've been scanning the ads regularly and have made a dozen attempts over the past year but for what ever reason been unsuccessful. But even so I noticed quite a few times the "karma" kicking in. One particular time after the lady left I decided to detect more and came up with an eyeball Gold tennis bracelet with 70 small diamonds. Tried to find it's owner also but no success.

Yesterday's story has the Karma coming almost instantly! Neat (I'm a believer..now).

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,270860.0.html

HH Joe

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I didn't get a photo, but I did receive an appreciation E-Mail from Mr. Smith for finding his Gold Ring. I added it to my post.

Old River

Mr Ripley

Jul 31, 2009
Western PA
Hi Jeff

Not really a detecting find, but an effort I think people here will appreciate. The links are to my personal blog:

http://theabsorbingerrand.blogspot.com/2008/02/another-errand-or-selling-ones-memories.html

http://theabsorbingerrand.blogspot.com/2008/02/another-errand-or-selling-ones-memories_28.html

http://theabsorbingerrand.blogspot.com/2008/03/i-am-very-pleased-to-report-that.html

I did receive an email months later letting me know that this gentleman was able to recover several items from the estate. The satisfaction was extraordinary, and I am intent on doing it again when another opportunity presents itself.

Mr R

brookfield

Jan 9, 2010
Utah
Detector(s) used
Explorer se Fishercz3d
lost wedding ring found

Hi Jeff, My son Riker was contacted by the local gas station at tendent to see if we could help find a lost wedding ring, a very concerned groom had lost his wedding ring and he knew his new wife would "kill him" if it was not found, my son called me at work and wondered if I could look for the ring when I got off work, I reminded him that he could run a detector and that he should go do it, he took my other son Curtis, and they went to the site where the ring had been lost while having a snow ball fight, in about 10 minutes Riker found the ring, the groom was sure relived to have the ring back, in fact he insisted that my son take a 100.00 tip! The Groom was Josh Kelley and his wife is Katherine Hiegl, from the Greys Anatomy tv show. In fact she related the story on the David Letterman show, and it has been in several magazines, My boys were refered to as 2 nice guys from no where in Utah. You can google her name and type in lost wedding ring. I believe The date would have been January 2008. I don't know if this qualifies but I thought you might enjoy hearing our story. thanks jeff S

Attachments

• 87965207---katherine_hiegl.jpg
    87965207---katherine_hiegl.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 1,154
OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
brookfield said:
Hi Jeff, My son Riker was contacted by the local gas station at tendent to see if we could help find a lost wedding ring, a very concerned groom had lost his wedding ring and he knew his new wife would "kill him" if it was not found, my son called me at work and wondered if I could look for the ring when I got off work, I reminded him that he could run a detector and that he should go do it, he took my other son Curtis, and they went to the site where the ring had been lost while having a snow ball fight, in about 10 minutes Riker found the ring, the groom was sure relived to have the ring back, in fact he insisted that my son take a 100.00 tip! The Groom was Josh Kelley and his wife is Katherine Hiegl, from the Greys Anatomy tv show. In fact she related the story on the David Letterman show, and it has been in several magazines, My boys were refered to as 2 nice guys from no where in Utah. You can google her name and type in lost wedding ring. I believe The date would have been January 2008. I don't know if this qualifies but I thought you might enjoy hearing our story. thanks jeff S

Only Realy Qualifies if he were a Member or Were to
become a Member & Tells the story on TreasureNet

But I'm going to Leave it here because it's a Very Cool Story.

I Never watched Greys Anatomy
but I remember her from "Knocked Up"

artyfacts

Bronze Member
May 1, 2010
South Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, MX7, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Jeff, I did find and return a ring to the owner. I did not post it because I was not a member and just recently joined TN. I do have the Thank you card and a story. Arty

Attachments

• Hai\'s Thank you Card.jpg
    Hai\'s Thank you Card.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 1,052
OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

artyfacts

Bronze Member
May 1, 2010
South Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff, the post address that you gave takes me back to the honorable mention page with no way to start a new topic. Am I missing something? Thanks, Arty

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
artyfacts said:
Jeff, the post address that you gave takes me back to the honorable mention page with no way to start a new topic. Am I missing something? Thanks, Arty

Oops Post it in General discussion
& I'll move it in.

I Didn'r realize it was set up that way.

artyfacts

Bronze Member
May 1, 2010
South Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All set for the big move. Thanks, Arty

tdigger

Tenderfoot
Sep 3, 2010
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6/MXT
I found a real nice 1972 bact of arts grad ring,from a Texas university.I live in the northwest.The ring was 18k gold with a diamond mounted in the center.What a beautiful ring.On the inside of the ring was an inscription,which I assumed was the owners name,my assumption was right.At first i figured there is no way I will be able to find the owner,if he is all the way down in Texas. But i really wanted to return The ring to the owner,I mean,This guy worked 4 long years to graduate college and I spent a half hour to find it.So anyhow I looked his name up in our local phone book,and to my surprise,there he was.I called the number and a women answered,which turned out to be the ring owners wife.She gave me a number to contact her husband.when I did contact the fella,he describe the ring to a T.He also gave me a story to the ring that really made me feel good about returning the ring.It goes like this.The guy had been going through college with his best friend,who was a jeweler,The friend mounted the diamond into the face of the ring.Two years later the friend was unfortunately killed in a automobile accident.It felt really good to return the ring.

Attachments

• Image099.jpg
    Image099.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 920

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread