Posts Needed

dwentzel228

Greenie
Jun 25, 2011
Hello,

I post more on metaldetedtingforum.com but am trying to get on here more. If you want I can copy my post about my recent find and return of a class ring lost for 40 yrs. I have posted in the lost and found here but have not had many views and no replies here is the link, tell me what you would like or if the link is enough. http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?p=903826#post903826

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dwentzel228 said:
Hello,

I post more on metaldetedtingforum.com but am trying to get on here more. If you want I can copy my post about my recent find and return of a class ring lost for 40 yrs. I have posted in the lost and found here but have not had many views and no replies here is the link, tell me what you would like or if the link is enough. http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?p=903826#post903826

must be posted on TreasureNet

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
French Gulch, North Calif.
Detector(s) used
"WHITES" GOLDMASTER "GMT" & "TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II" with silent search.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wish for anyone who found a Class of 1969, Garden Grove High School Ring, Orange County California, USA Note: Zip Code(S) Original postal code (then) 92640, USPS Changed zip to 92840 now.
I attended Garden Grove High School from 1965 to 1969. The City Of Garden Grove, California USA 92640/92840.
I have lost this ring and It would mean so much to me if found. I attended the school at the time of a pricipal for the Garden Grove Unified School District when a City School Principal was Killed while he was riding a dirt bike on sand dunes while on vacation. A girl student who was driving a VW Sand Buggy met the principal at the top a sand dune, She turned Left instead of turning right and the principal "Donald Wash" was killed. Donald Wash had been a Professional Football Player for the Los Angeles "Ram's Team and due to knee injurys retired and was selected to be the Principal of a Continuation school named "Mendon Hall" in the Garden Grove School district. The late Mr. Donald Wash was a close friend who personally picked me up when hitch hiking to school.
Donald was a giant of a man, I saw where you could pass a Silver Dollar thru his wedding ring!(NO LIE,) His hands were so huge as a senior my hand was like a childs in his, in those days he had to use a pencil to dial the Rotary-Type Phone, Due to his fingers being too big to fit in the dialing holes! He was a good & Honest man. The Garden Grove High School dedicated it's auditorium to "The Don Wash Auditorium".
It is a 10K Ring with a Red Semi precious Stone. (A synthetic Ruby/Copy type.) Please contact me if found at this post. Thank You Kindly.

redtruck

Greenie
Jan 5, 2012
texas
Detector(s) used
whites mxt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The best I ever did was while two Police officers were watching I found A AED defublater. Gave it to them LOL loved the look on there face when they had to do the report not me. :laughing9: Ps spelling does not count

Papa Bear

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2011
Western Territories
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Teknetics G2, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just curious as to how these Honorable Mentions work? I see HM's in the info box of certain members. At what point do they go from this forum and get posted on a members info box? Thanks! BTW, getting used to the new format....Actually I have almost forgotten what the old one was like......

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just curious as to how these Honorable Mentions work? I see HM's in the info box of certain members. At what point do they go from this forum and get posted on a members info box? Thanks! BTW, getting used to the new format....Actually I have almost forgotten what the old one was like......

at the point the post qualifies and gets moved to Honorable Mention,
and One of our Mods or admin,
who knows how to add it to the members Profile gets the time and does it.

Papa Bear

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2011
Western Territories
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Teknetics G2, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

at the point the post qualifies and gets moved to Honorable Mention,
and One of our Mods or admin,
who knows how to add it to the members Profile gets the time and does it.

Okay. Noted. I shall wait patiently then....

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish luck for all.

MickTwin

Greenie
Apr 18, 2010
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Jeff,
I haven't posted much here, but just returned a gold Indian Chief ring that was lost for 20 years and it may be interested to members here. You can read the story here:

I'm not sure if it's OK to post a link to another metal detecting site or not. Please let me know. Thanks, Rob Mickatavage "MickTwin"

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Jeff,
I haven't posted much here, but just returned a gold Indian Chief ring that was lost for 20 years and it may be interested to members here. You can read the story here:

I'm not sure if it's OK to post a link to another metal detecting site or not. Please let me know. Thanks, Rob Mickatavage "MickTwin"

no sorry ! We prefer you post the story here.

But cool you returned it :thumbsup:

MickTwin

Greenie
Apr 18, 2010
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll re-write it for this site then... thanks!

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
post it in the Metal Detecting, Beach & shallow water Or lost & Found section
which ever fits it best,

& we will take care of it from there 8-)

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Jeff,
I just realized there was a section like this on Tnet! I know, I must be blind! I've found and returned over 50 items through the years but only the last 21 have been logged and post on a web site. I'm a member of The Ring Finders and have a blog on that site with my finds, stories, and some photos. Is that good enough proof to satisfy the requirements??
Mark Rubey's Ring Finders Blog | The Ring Finders Metal Detecting Service Inc.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Jeff,
I just realized there was a section like this on Tnet! I know, I must be blind! I've found and returned over 50 items through the years but only the last 21 have been logged and post on a web site. I'm a member of The Ring Finders and have a blog on that site with my finds, stories, and some photos. Is that good enough proof to satisfy the requirements??
Mark Rubey's Ring Finders Blog | The Ring Finders Metal Detecting Service Inc.

good enough for this thread, but to earn a HM badge on your Profile,
Posts must be made direct on TreasureNet with Pictures.
not by link :icon_thumleft: thanks

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I can do that. Where should I post them? I don't see a "start new thread" in this section. Should I use "lost and found"?

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I can do that. Where should I post them? I don't see a "start new thread" in this section. Should I use "lost and found"?

Yes Lost & found.

In order for posts to qualify for Honorable Mention they must be suggested by someone,
Then Moved in by a moderator if they qualify.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you Return a Ring to it's Owner ?

If you Did...

#1. Did You Post the Find when you Found It ?

#2. Did You Return The Item to its Owner ?

#3. Do You Have any Photographic Proof of this, Posted to your Thread ? (this can Consist of A picture of the Owner, A Thank you Letter, Newspaper Article or anything else to Show it was returned)

If You can Answer Yes to all 3 of these Conditions above...

I want the Link to your Post, so I can Include it in Our Honorable Members... Where members of distinction are honored.

Thank You !
Jeff
Hi Jeff,
I posted my ring find/return story in the lost and found section. Is there anything else I need to do? Who decides if it is worthy of an Honorable Mention? I don't see a way of voting like you would for a banner find. Thanks, Mark

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread