PRANK CALL? Too good to be true? $3304.00 richer today.............

Rich in Central PA

May 28, 2003
Shamokin Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a call Thursday evening around 8PM. My caller ID says "wireless caller" and I didn't recognize the phone number either, so what the heck, I answer the phone anyway......................

Guy on the other end says "Is this Rich" I say yes, he says " Congratulations, you just won the weekly drawing at the Our Lady of Lourdes High School 80-20 stadium fund"...........................

I calmly say "get out" He says "do you have your stub handy?" He reads off the winning number and my stub is a match. Then he says "I need your Social Security # for tax information to be filed at the end of the year (RED FLAG).....................I say "I don't feel comfortable giving out that information over the phone.........then he says "You can't pick up the cash until I give him the info..............I said "How Much?".....................He says "$3,304.00" ....................After hearing that, I took a chance and reluctantly gave in, and gave him my SSAN. He says "come to the high school tomorrow morning with your stub and pick up your cash and tax form.

Well , I go out the high school the next morning and he's waiting for me inside. Holy Smokes Batman!!!!!!! Its true. Take a look at the stash before I went to the bank.....................Thanks for looking................Rich

Attachments

• Money#3.jpg
    Money#3.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 296
  • Money#1.jpg
    Money#1.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 296

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
nice :thumbsup:

had a similar thing happen to me last week! i've bought a new detector with mine ;D

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
I can see a brand new White's V3 in your future LOL
congratulations

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well since they have your SS# you will have to file taxes on it. But still nice win. :thumbsup:
And I guess you could have waited until you picked up the cash to give them your SS#, if you didn't want to over the phone. Do they expect you to contribute it to the building fund? It would then be tax deductible. ;D

T

trish76642

so thats what $3,304.00 looks like!

Good for you!!!!

Can i borrow some money?

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You didn't tell your wife, did ya?????? Think...new metal detector..lol Congrats

OP
OP
Rich in Central PA

Rich in Central PA

May 28, 2003
Shamokin Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SC_hunter said:
You didn't tell your wife, did ya?????? Think...new metal detector..lol Congrats

Heck NO, don't have a wife :tongue3:. Now I kin' think straight without feeling guilty ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread