Programming DFX VDI accept/ reject

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
I have read the manuals for the DFX as well as the one from Jeff Foster and maybe I am having a brain block, or maybe I just don't have a brain for this. Either way, here it is.

In terms that I can understand and step by step maybe, can someone guide me through the way that you accept or reject certain VDI numbers? For example I wish to not accept +5 down to (wrap around) +95. In other words, I never(rarely dig) any VDI that is +5 down to 0. Or anything that is +100 down to +95. I dig everything that repeats between the range of +10 to +94. I guess I am confused as how to adjust this mode or notch out the numbers I wish to notch out. Any help would be great. Like I said, I am an idiot and need lots of instruction. Amazing I have been hunting with this thing for several years and finding good stuff, but I want to refine the hunt so to speak. Thanks again for all the help. Best wishes. jgas

therover

Feb 23, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
CZ6a (2),Infinium, E-Trac,CZ20, X5, CZ20,X-Terra 705, Treasure Baron Goldtrax, XL-Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
jgas,

I don't know what your settings are for all the other options ( did you start with the Coin program, CJ, etc.? ).

Anyway, it seems what VDI's you want to accept and reject are close to what the preset Relic program has, so you can start with that and then just go into the Disc Edit feature and accept/reject the certain VDI's you want to. Since the Relic program rejects -95 through -1 and accepts 0 - 94 to start, all you would have to do is reject 0,+1, +2, +3, +4 and +5. It would be 5 separate changes that you do, but it would take no time at all to do them. Go to the number you want to change, and if its marked accept hit the button to change the check mark to reject, and move on to the next number. Just read pages 36-37 of the DFX manual.

Then you can save the changes in one of the memory banks. Remember though, the Relic program uses Mixed Mode, so you you may want to turn that off, along with adjusting other options to suit your hunting style and conditions.

Also, be aware that the DFX gets greater depth the less discrimination it uses.

I always use my DFX wide open in mixed mode and check the Signagraph more than the VDI's. But I use it on the beach more than anywhere else, so in more trashy areas, that would not work too well since the Mixed Mode would sound off on all the stuff. I just don't want to miss anything on the beach that may be deep and the discrimination side cant' get to it hence using Mixed Mode.

JC

mgtmadness

Dec 25, 2009
Bath ,NY
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i
can this DFX be programmed to accept/reject like the ML Explorer? swipe the coin, click accept or reject or is there more to it than that for the DFX.

OP
OP
jgas

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Thanks for the help JC. I will give it a try from the relic mode. I usually run it pretty wide open with the least amount of discrimination. Gain at 3, AC Sens at 73 or stable. I will try the relic mode and adjust from there. Thanks again. jgas

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV/ Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Digging deeper with the dfx should help if read real slow.

mark v

Mar 10, 2006
S.W. Pa.
Detector(s) used
Deus, CTX
mgtmadness said:
can this DFX be programmed to accept/reject like the ML Explorer? swipe the coin, click accept or reject or is there more to it than that for the DFX.

There are 2 ways to reject targets this way. First, one could see which VDI number the swiped coin comes up as and that number can be rejected. The second way is the DFX has a learn feature on it that when enabled would automatically reject the swiped item's reading. This feature can be set to either accept or reject a particular item.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread