prospective

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
bb,

Let's see if I have this right. You spend years getting ready for this grand show and tell, then you get in a......questionable motor home with a sick elderly woman who in not a relative, just a friend, and set out for a cross country trip with a primitive camp site in the Arizona desert for a final destination. :icon_scratch:

This camp site will be out of range for most phone services, and miles from medical help for your sick, elderly friend, should she need it. To be perfectly honest, none of that surprises me, considering your history here. ::)

All is not lost, and you don't have to fail. Email the location of your mine(s) to Dust Cap, some one who has always been kind and straight with you. I believe he has offered you help a number of times and, I think, even offered to accompany you on your hike into the site. :help:

Ken is someone who has been to many Rendezvous' and is as trustworthy as they come. He is a true gentleman, as others here will testify. The idea that you might try to continue posting here, promising to prove your theories at some distant date in the future will, I expect, not fly. :dontknow:

Sorry to hear you will not be able to make this year's event.

Good luck,

Joe

BenThereDoneThat

Feb 27, 2008
Apache Junction, AZ
Detector(s) used
MXT 300 / Javelina Gold Trommel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AND ON THAT NOTE.....if anyone would like the next super lotto numbers I would be happy to see into the future 'again' and distribute those out? Who's your shaman now......say it.....say it! :laughing9: :tongue3:

Tim

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Blindbowman said:
i am at motel in franklin NC for the night Helen is sick ,i need to take her home in the morning ...

i gave it my best . i failed ...

There's still plenty of time and flights are pretty cheap to Phoenix.

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Tim,

By that qualification, we are all Shaman's.......other than that super loto thingie. :laughing7:

Paul,

bb has to think about Helen first. He can't just leave her all alone. >:( What arrrre you thinking? :dontknow:

Life sure has a way of getting in the way of our hobbies. ::)

Take care,

Joe

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cactusjumper said:
Tim,

By that qualification, we are all Shaman's.......other than that super loto thingie. :laughing7:

Paul,

bb has to think about Helen first. He can't just leave her all alone. >:( What arrrre you thinking? :dontknow:

Life sure has a way of getting in the way of our hobbies. ::)

Take care,

Joe

I suppose you're right, but one would think there would be SOMEONE who would watch her for the 2-3 days it would take to attend the Rendezvous and prove you wrong :o

OP
OP
Blindbowman

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cactusjumper said:
bb,

Let's see if I have this right. You spend years getting ready for this grand show and tell, then you get in a......questionable motor home with a sick elderly woman who in not a relative, just a friend, and set out for a cross country trip with a primitive camp site in the Arizona desert for a final destination. :icon_scratch:

This camp site will be out of range for most phone services, and miles from medical help for your sick, elderly friend, should she need it. To be perfectly honest, none of that surprises me, considering your history here. ::)

All is not lost, and you don't have to fail. Email the location of your mine(s) to Dust Cap, some one who has always been kind and straight with you. I believe he has offered you help a number of times and, I think, even offered to accompany you on your hike into the site. :help:

Ken is someone who has been to many Rendezvous' and is as trustworthy as they come. He is a true gentleman, as others here will testify. The idea that you might try to continue posting here, promising to prove your theories at some distant date in the future will, I expect, not fly. :dontknow:

Sorry to hear you will not be able to make this year's event.

Good luck,

Joe

if you knew for a fact you had found the real LDM . would you risk everything to get there and prove it was ?

dont lie ...to your self or me ...

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BB,

Good question.

But - what I personally would have done is find a good trusted person to watch your friend while I was gone, and then go. (which, by the way is how I got to Arizona when my father was sick - I got someone to take care of him while we were gone).

I would have never even considered dragging him halfway across the country, sitting him in a camper in the desert, and expecting ANYONE else to take care of him (by the way, I apologize for saying this, but - you actually had hit a nerve when you said that a couple of the "women" would have to take care of her while you were hiking-and I resented you saying that.)

Get someone to take care of her, fly to Phoenix, rent a vehicle and come to Don's Camp. Simple - right?

Beth

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Blindbowman sorry to hear about your friend's health, drive safe and better luck next year. Alternatively as has been suggested, it would be less expensive to simply fly to Phoenix and rent a car for a few days then fly home than it would have cost to take the motor home out and back. Just a thought. :dontknow:

Oroblanco

:coffee2: :coffee2:

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
BB
Fly out, I'll pick you up at the airport, lend you a tent and sleeping bag. I'll even feed you. All you need is your ticket. I have extra of everything. I'm happy to share with you.

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Paul,

It's kinda obvious isn't it? Like a bull rider looking for a soft place to land. You just know he's gonna get throwed. Blind man could have seen this coming.

bb had two professionals in camp who could have looked after the lady. We been doing that for almost 20 years now. Steve just made him a great offer. All he has to do is bring in a Kelly Girl for a few days, and it will still be cheaper than driving out here in the motorhome.

bb,

Knowing it......like you know it, the answer is no. I was positive that I had the Stone Maps laid out right for over 40 years. Trouble is, like you, I didn't really know what was at the end of that trail.
I would not risk everything to find out.

You are not sure what you will find at the end of your trail. That has become more and more obvious with every post lately. I have risked all I was willing to lose, and it's always been what I could afford.
After all the trash talk over the years here, if you don't make it to the Rendezvous, I don't know who would be willing to continue any kind of a conversation with you in the future.

You will just fade out of the picture like Santa Fe New Mexican and a hundred others. I believe you have shown us everything you have.......nothing left to see or hear.

Prove me wrong.

Joe

OP
OP
Blindbowman

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mrs.oroblanco said:
BB,

Good question.

But - what I personally would have done is find a good trusted person to watch your friend while I was gone, and then go. (which, by the way is how I got to Arizona when my father was sick - I got someone to take care of him while we were gone).

I would have never even considered dragging him halfway across the country, sitting him in a camper in the desert, and expecting ANYONE else to take care of him (by the way, I apologize for saying this, but - you actually had hit a nerve when you said that a couple of the "women" would have to take care of her while you were hiking-and I resented you saying that.)

Get someone to take care of her, fly to Phoenix, rent a vehicle and come to Don's Camp. Simple - right?

Beth
\\

i am a reclusive who do i know . the only person i know i trust is my daughter and she has 5 kids to take care of ...i will get home i hope after that i dont know ...

OP
OP
Blindbowman

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sgtfda said:
BB
Fly out, I'll pick you up at the airport, lend you a tent and sleeping bag. I'll even feed you. All you need is your ticket. I have extra of everything. I'm happy to share with you.
so would a passivefest trust a man that has carried a gun most of his life ...?

:coffee2:

OP
OP
Blindbowman

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cactusjumper said:
Paul,

It's kinda obvious isn't it? Like a bull rider looking for a soft place to land. You just know he's gonna get throwed. Blind man could have seen this coming.

bb had two professionals in camp who could have looked after the lady. We been doing that for almost 20 years now. Steve just made him a great offer. All he has to do is bring in a Kelly Girl for a few days, and it will still be cheaper than driving out here in the motorhome.

bb,

Knowing it......like you know it, the answer is no. I was positive that I had the Stone Maps laid out right for over 40 years. Trouble is, like you, I didn't really know what was at the end of that trail.
I would not risk everything to find out.

You are not sure what you will find at the end of your trail. That has become more and more obvious with every post lately. I have risked all I was willing to lose, and it's always been what I could afford.
After all the trash talk over the years here, if you don't make it to the Rendezvous, I don't know who would be willing to continue any kind of a conversation with you in the future.

You will just fade out of the picture like Santa Fe New Mexican and a hundred others. I believe you have shown us everything you have.......nothing left to see or hear.

Prove me wrong.

Joe

big talk for someone that dose not know how to translate the placer on the stones.. you keep telling your self that joe i will wait tell your long gone before i put a peice of gold on your grave stone . something you will never find in your life time unless you buy it . you will never own dutchman ore .. sorry your not going to like what your 40 years has earn you in the end .. lol

i can wait and i dont really care if you talk to me the truth has no time lemits ...

and i did say if you knew for fact you had the real LDM ...

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A pacifist man?

Ah, first of all, who are you calling a pacifist? You, who were supposedly in the Navy? - Are our armed services unarmed now? Tough to fight wars unarmed. Or sgtfda, who certainly isn't a pacifist. Secondly, if you're afraid of a man with a gun, why would you have subjected Helen to unknown people at the rendezvous - many of whom carry a gun - me included.

And, thirdly, that was a little rude after such a generous offer, don't you think? I'll buy you the steak for Saturday night's dinner.

Beth

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
BB what is a passivefest? My offer stands. I have every type equipment you would require. I carry a gun 24-7. Tool of the trade. I fell in my pool last week with a gun in my pocket. My wife had a good laugh. If you feel you can't trust me ask yourself why should you be trusted. I was looking forward to your talk and the look on everyone's face. I plan on going fri morning and leaving late sat night. I need to know if you want to accept my offer. I would need to dig out the extra equipment.

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Beth the gun was in my front pocket so my butt was in no danger. I know what your thinking so don't say it. Looking forward to meeting you and yours.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sgtfda,

I was going to say the same about you. I'm sewing and washing clothes for the trip, and keeping tabs on Tnet during breaks.

Though, its 6:20 am here, now, I think I need about 4 hours sleep now. :laughing7: :sleepy2:

I never have been able to sleep too early, anyway.

Have a good one.

Beth

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions