PROSPECTOR for LIFE

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice eye find Victor! You might want to take the metal detector and go over that sand/rock bar and any others really good. Who knows, you might find some even bigger nuggies hiding amongst the rocks and sand.

Frank

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Been busy.. Can't

Attachments

• pyramid.jpg
    pyramid.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Love that "flow of traffic" line! When I was a kid they taught us to stay 2 seconds back at the least but no one does it :(

AuSomeness

Aug 12, 2014
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read this whole journal in its entirety. I need to go back and watch the videos. Good stuff!

OP
OP
M

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So gentlemen it has been a very busy time lately..

Last edited:

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love your videos man! The music you put on them is perfect too! Thanks for sharing

I'm really sorry about your cousin. My friend since 1st grade committed suicide Saturday.... Being on the river is good medicine for the pain.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So here is an edited vid of yesterday.. I still have to pan the material in the bucket. I suppose Ill get around to it tomorrow. Anyway I am very optimistic about the gold this year. But who can say for sure.. It does what it wants.. But anyway just keeping busy.

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice videos Mad, do you live in a town and go to the forest all week to hike and mine. looks like hard but full life. better than the 9 to 5 rat race

OP
OP
M

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
nice videos Mad, do you live in a town and go to the forest all week to hike and mine. looks like hard but full life. better than the 9 to 5 rat race

I live in town.. I am fortunate in the fact that I can either camp out or go home.. The only thing hard about the life is the values of society.. But the long hikes and hard work is far easier. And yes for me it is better then the 9-5 bit. Most certainly more rewarding.

northern_sierras

May 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That section of river looks similar to the middle fork of the feather river below the confluence of nelson creek, really deep. I'm sure the air hookah will pay for itself in a short period of time

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes Mad, I think you are living a awesome golden existence. It seems you have to be in top physical shape to live like that in such rugged terrain. I hope you find the big strike, I look forward to reading about it. I hope to make it to N Calif and hike and camp and prospect for a summer one of these days, there is much to learn and know to do it, , but my obligations have me anchored to my present existence, and I am beyond my peak physical shape, but my day is coming, Laws and land is so different from here in rural Pa, I can just pack up and head into the one Federal wilderness area but nothing like N. Calif, I think you are living a rich life. Enjoy it. Money can't buy somethings.

OP
OP
M

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well I love diving.. Aint nothing like it..

Last edited:

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice Work Vic. Stay safe out there.

OP
OP
M

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My popularity lessens with every thought..

Last edited:

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I love diving.. Aint nothing like it.. So no doubt there is some learning curves but despite those I am happy.. Just little things but they add up to time wasted.. No matter it's all coming together ok.. Well I really can't complain I have yet to get skunked diving.. I am still looking for that "One pocket" but until then I suppose I should be greatful. Anyway so far I have been fortunate.. With the exception of the one day a week my brother comes out I dive alone.. But the other day I was moving the Hookah past a section of rapids and then went into a deep section. Anyway I navigatde the rapids alright but after that the hookah and was caught in the current and I was sinking to bottom.. Well not wanting the hookah to float right past me and into the next set of rapids downriver a little ways I decided I was going to swim up and guide the hookah to shore.. Anyway I have the weight belt on 30lbs and I do have a little buoyancy but I still sink with no effort.. Anyway I am swimming up and I am trying to reach the bottom of the hookah to grab and guide.. Well it took less then 5 minutes and I was breathing so freaking hard And wasn getting no closer to shore.. Anyway I got the panicky feeling and tried to go up for air.. anyway just tired me out more and want air.. Anyway I got scared I ditched the belt and got my butt to shore.. Anyway it was a pretty stupid ordeal on my part. After I got to shore I just used the airline to drag the hookah to shore.. In reflection I could have done a number of things different.. But it is what it is... anyway I had to strip down and get the weight belt as the wetsuit was to buoyant and the section to deep for me to swim down with it on... A real pain in the ass.. Anyway been a little while since I felt that Panicky feeling. Well live and learn... Well anyway all is good my way.. Just trying to get stuff done.. Hoping that hookah will be paying for itself and related by the end of June. Who freaking knows though?

Well that's about all that's happing here.. Just out and about....... I am not sure when I shot this video.. Anyway hope all is well your way..

Awesome Gold Victor! My daughter watched the video as well and was wondering who the song was by!!?? I hope you will post many more of your' videos of you sniping for Gold!

Frank

northern_sierras

May 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My popularity lessens with every thought.. truthfully it is my own doin. And if I am goin to even be even more truthful. It actually matters.. I can not change my views.. And nor can I be able not to make mistakes. And often I am somewhat thoughtless in my remarks. It has been my experience that no matter what beliefs a persons hold we actually have more in common then realized.. And I always try to hold this mind but more often then naught fail to understand. So I suspect that the best thing I can do state my position as I see it. Me ..... My life as a prospector.... Me I have always had a disdain for material wealth. I am a firm believer in people.. People is of the only value.. For me it took me many years to be finally happy with my life. And me I found it in Prospecting.. Common for people to think the reason one prospects for gold is to be RICh.. And I ain't gonna lie it would be nice.. But truthfully if any man has ever spent any real time living the life as a gold miner they would know whit a certainty that it goin to be a tough life. Even in the gold rush of the 1800's most men failed at getting rich.. no doubt men got by, but aint this most jobs in life? Gold is just a tad bit harder. I'll admit when I first got into gold years ago it had a lot to do with getting rich quick blah blah bla.. What can I say even despite my views the simple fact is money makes an easy life.. But after the first year or so it became quite apparent that this was no get rich quick sceme.. But for me I found something else other then riches.. something else.. It was actually pretty simple.. I found an independence.. Anyway like I said my views are very strong and actually pretty simple.. I actually believe I have rights!! And with this belief I can not understand the Value of Money weighing against my Rights... I know how the world works and I am even aware to some extent that at the moment it the way it is.. But I my values are my own.. Anyway like I stated earlier it seems we all want basically the same thing.. We all have different thought and how we should be getting there.. Me I just see Money as a problem and I don't fix problems with problems.. Am I right? truthfully only history written after we are all dead will tell.. So as it stands now? Now even though I think this way it doesn't give merit nor does it give false to others actions. But regardless I seem to somewhat belittle the actions of others.. I will put more thought into that..
Me as a prospector is this.. I actually enjoy the freedom in doin what I want.. No doubt I am beholden to gold.. The only way a person can eat or better themselves today is with money and I am no different. So obviously gold somewhat compensates for my dues to society.. Anyway .... Anyway.... That it in a nutshell.. So gentlemen please do not take anything I say as an attack to you as an individual.. My frustration lies more with an Idea and often misrepresented. I make no secret in that for me "Prospecting is a Life Style".. And truthfully I don't think it can get any plainer then that..

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the places I generally be at.. And no doubt it is a foolish thing to even be so forthcoming.. It's all public land....LOL.. Believe me when I say that I exercise my rights everyday.. And believe me when I say my Freedom is most certiantly at the discretion of the Authority who decides to press the issue.. But like I said for me it's really not about the money.. And I think other people might think the same and this is my very small contribution.. no doubt I m somewhat delusinal but for just panning 95% percent the time.. I think I put quite a few men to shame..

Anyway been busy.. All good my way.. Finally got a stupid ear infection.. Not all that fun.. Gonna be a great year..

I work 60 hours per week making over 100k per year at the local rubber factory. I get home after working in my cubicle all day and IAM TIRED. Sitting in a chair and staring at a computer screen for 10 hours per day is exhausting work. I wake up at 6am, take a bus downtown, walk about 1/4 mile and arrive at my desk at 8am where iam greeted with a stack of paperwork. My cubicle is windowless but i do have air conditioning. I have gotten used to it over the last 25 years i have worked here and learned not to complain too much or it will upset the boss. I often look at the sierra mountains on my bus ride to work and wonder what kind of wild men would choose to live there. If there isnt a walmart within 5 miles how do they survive? It must be a terrible existence. Im 45 years old but severely overweight from sitting sedentary for the last 25 years and eating mostly fast food. I chose this lifestyle because what would my friends and family think of me if i didnt make 100k per year? My self identity would be crushed if i didnt always have the newest BMW parked in my driveway. My dad always told me to "get a job and start working" and so i did. If my neighbor buys a new trailer mine better be bigger and better, because men today are judged solely by their material wealth. When i die i want everyone to gather around my coffin and say "well done, he always had the newest BMW and a nice house in a gated community". I live and define my life by what society defines as successful. To stray from the routine or lifestyle of the common man is too terrifying a thought to bare for me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread