PROSPECTOR for LIFE

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Romancing ideas are nice, but for me I got to do things I don't want to do because, my family and I need healthcare, and that cost money instead of just showing up at a emergency room expecting health care for free, and I got to provide myself with a home to live in, food, clothing, and things my kids need, that cost money, I have to provide myself with a way to survive and care for my old age or when I cannot work anymore instead of expecting charity to carry me. i need vehicle and insurance to get around now days in case of a accident and if I harm someone or their property in a accident. I would love to say the hell with it all and just take off and live hand to mouth doing whatever I please all over the countryside, but I just can't, as for a gated community or BMW? That is not a goal at all, being able to live like I want and cover all my responsibilities for a home, to my family and a measure of security into old age is my goal, or true financial independence to do what I want. or FREEDOM

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW.......I'm glad I got it figured out........I'm happy....wealthy in family...get to dig... A LOT...and first and foremost secure with my self!
There is at least a middle ground fellas glad I found it on accident or something.
Some of you may consider paying an hourly fee t talk to someone you sound pretty unhappy with yourselves and are projecting it on others.

SchoolOfHardRocks

Apr 30, 2014
Gone, With the Wind
Primary Interest:
Other
Hope all is well Mr. Marshall...Been patiently waiting for your next video. I like your videos the best because you let the results do the talking.. no corny narrarating, just working for the gold. I've been on the north fork a lot lately and have been finding pretty damn good gold sniping. Thanks for all of the help man!

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well I love diving.. Aint nothing like it.. So no doubt there is some learning curves but despite those I am happy.. Just little things but they add up to time wasted.. No matter it's all coming together ok.. Well I really can't complain I have yet to get skunked diving.. I am still looking for that "One pocket" but until then I suppose I should be greatful. Anyway so far I have been fortunate.. With the exception of the one day a week my brother comes out I dive alone.. But the other day I was moving the Hookah past a section of rapids and then went into a deep section. Anyway I navigatde the rapids alright but after that the hookah and was caught in the current and I was sinking to bottom.. Well not wanting the hookah to float right past me and into the next set of rapids downriver a little ways I decided I was going to swim up and guide the hookah to shore.. Anyway I have the weight belt on 30lbs and I do have a little buoyancy but I still sink with no effort.. Anyway I am swimming up and I am trying to reach the bottom of the hookah to grab and guide.. Well it took less then 5 minutes and I was breathing so freaking hard And wasn getting no closer to shore.. Anyway I got the panicky feeling and tried to go up for air.. anyway just tired me out more and want air.. Anyway I got scared I ditched the belt and got my butt to shore.. Anyway it was a pretty stupid ordeal on my part. After I got to shore I just used the airline to drag the hookah to shore.. In reflection I could have done a number of things different.. But it is what it is... anyway I had to strip down and get the weight belt as the wetsuit was to buoyant and the section to deep for me to swim down with it on... A real pain in the ass.. Anyway been a little while since I fel et that Panicky feeling. Well live and learn... Well anyway all is good my way.. Just trying to get stuff done.. Hoping that hookah will be paying for itself and related by the end of June. Who freaking knows though?

Well that's about all that's happing here.. Just out and about....... I am not sure when I shot this video.. Anyway hope all is well your way..

Stay safe Victor. You know you have to think about everything (and then study some more) when you're by yourself.

What's watching me, what's the biggest obstacle I can see, what's the ones I can't see, what if it's there and I didn't see it coming, rewards Vs gain or possible gain, what will the return trip be like, what will I do when/if it all/any fails? I go into this because just this week I was investigating how to cross a creek to get to a fresh slide. The water is low for this time of year....fast but knee deep at best. HOWEVER, there was a log jam just below the crossing and in the UNLIKELY event I slipped, I would have been trapped underwater...so I passed. The water will get lower and safer later. It things like this that allow us to live and share what NOT to do.

Lessons learned. Glad you're ok.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Victor there are a few guys worried about u...Che k in so they know your still kickin'

Last edited:

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that is sad, I don't know anybody who thinks that "keeping up with the jones" reasons to work. Many feel trapped and unhappy at work but Most people I know work at regular jobs because they need a place to live and to feed and cloth themselves, they need health insurance in case of sickness or accident, they need transportation and something saved to help them survive in old age. If you have kids that is another ball game. Just the basics of living is a big responsibility and expense that few can cover playing in creeks in the woods on government land, if you don't inherit it ,there is no way around it other than relying on handouts, government assistance, or expecting free healthcare by just showing up at a emergency room or other charity. This is the world we live in. There are many that dream of the day they can afford to be totally free to do what they want , financial independence is real freedom and the American dream is being able to earn it.

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
that is sad, I don't know anybody who thinks that "keeping up with the jones" reasons to work. Many feel trapped and unhappy at work but Most people I know work at regular jobs because they need a place to live and to feed and cloth themselves, they need health insurance in case of sickness or accident, they need transportation and something saved to help them survive in old age. If you have kids that is another ball game. Just the basics of living is a big responsibility and expense that few can cover playing in creeks in the woods on government land, if you don't inherit it ,there is no way around it other than relying on handouts, government assistance, or expecting free healthcare by just showing up at a emergency room or other charity. This is the world we live in. There are many that dream of the day they can afford to be totally free to do what they want , financial independence is real freedom and the American dream is being able to earn it.

You rarely earn it in this day and age. You can have all the dreams/inspirations/aspirations you want but the fact of the matter is "how bad to you want to change it?" You MUST take specific actions. I won't hijack Vic's thread here but I will tell you this. Over the years my wife and I both had wonderful jobs and EVERY one of them ALL turned to S**T. FL was the last straw...a "right" to work state which means as a worker, you have no rights and the employers take full advantage of it. When you HATE something SO MUCH, you find ways to get around it. I studied my arse off, learned a lot...especially from FIRE (Financially Independent Retired Early). It took 10 years and lots of sacrifice's, wife was laid off a year earlier than we planned...but by that time the stone we started rolling turned into a boulder that couldn't be stopped. I quit 4/27/12 @ 54 years old, wife at 48. The best time I had at my last job was when I gave them my 2 weeks notice and them begging me to stay the entire two weeks. :tongue3:
We now live very modestly in the most beautiful area I've ever seen, but we do LIVE and not exist for others so that they can fulfill their dreams.

Morale to the story...if you don't like the story, turn the page.

Victor...we love hearing from you and I'm confident you are safe...just too busy weighing nuggets. Check in as soon as you are able. You don't lose any popularity with us here. :3some:

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The song from the vid May pan...... Nicole Reynolds " Pratical Things"

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
The song from the vid May pan...... Nicole Reynolds " Pratical Things"

Thanks Victor, my daughter will love it! Also, thanks for posting and letting us know that you are alright as well as how your Gold prospecting has been lately!

Take care and good luck on the Gold!

Frank

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Victor how many amps does your hooka draw? You could get a 50 or 100W flexible Renogy solar panel ($150-200) and a charge controller ($20). The 100w will put out a steady 5.5amps and the 50W will put out 2.5-3 amps. Nice part is the panels never stop charging during the daytime. The flexible panel and charger controller weigh next to nothing maybe a couple pounds. Depending on the amperage draw of your hookah, the panel may put out enough juice to power it itself. Then you could downsize your big battery to a smaller lawn tractor or two six volt motorcyle batteries. Get your whole set up in the 10-15lb range. The new panels are amazingly efficient as to still working even on cloiudy days. Mine will still put out current even when it's getting hard to see a hundred yards away in the evening.

Option two is an alternator/generator and a bicycle rim pelton wheel. You would need to do some gear reduction which is fairly easy from the bike rim down to the alternator pulley to get the RPM's up. Downside to this set up is your still looking at a ton of weight.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Victor how many amps does your hooka draw? You could get a 50 or 100W flexible Renogy solar panel ($150-200) and a charge controller ($20). The 100w will put out a steady 5.5amps and the 50W will put out 2.5-3 amps. Nice part is the panels never stop charging during the daytime. The flexible panel and charger controller weigh next to nothing maybe a couple pounds. Depending on the amperage draw of your hookah, the panel may put out enough juice to power it itself. Then you could downsize your big battery to a smaller lawn tractor or two six volt motorcyle batteries. Get your whole set up in the 10-15lb range. The new panels are amazingly efficient as to still working even on cloiudy days. Mine will still put out current even when it's getting hard to see a hundred yards away in the evening.

Option two is an alternator/generator and a bicycle rim pelton wheel. You would need to do some gear reduction which is fairly easy from the bike rim down to the alternator pulley to get the RPM's up. Downside to this set up is your still looking at a ton of weight.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions

Would a paddled bicycle wheel/rim attached to a small electric generator with a long shaft work? If feasible, then Victor could power the generator with the water in the river or stream to recharge the battery.

Frank

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Would a paddled bicycle wheel/rim attached to a small electric generator with a long shaft work? If feasible, then Victor could power the generator with the water in the river or stream to recharge the battery.

Frank

I've seen pics of this being done by others! Not sure Marshall would want to haul all that around though, he hikes some tough trails.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I've seen pics of this being done by others! Not sure Marshall would want to haul all that around though, he hikes some tough trails.

I see what you mean! However, a setup like this does not have to be big or even real heavy. Heck, even a bicycle "light" generator to power the light or lights on a bicycle will surely provide power to a battery if setup correctly. Victor might have to consult with someone knowledgeable of generator/battery recharging setups to obtain the correct wattage, amps, size of wheel/rim, length of drive shaft/rod, type and size of generator and if any step down or step up components are needed in between the generator and battery. Most of us do think big and heavy when it comes to paddled bicycle wheels/rims and generators but that does not have to be the case. In this day and age of advances, a setup could weigh as much as or less than 5 pounds but 3 pounds or under may be possible.

Frank

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

My thoughts as well, it would be no different than lugging around the battery and you'd spend way too much time trying to find a good spot with flow and setting it up. Which would limit it's use significantly especially in those deep pools where the flow drops out. I'm thinking if we get it all sized right we can get down to a couple of pounds, And set up would be as simple as draping the panel over a boulder or the hooka. One thing that will need to be done is put the charger controller in on of those waterproof boxes you can get at the evil empire which is no big deal . Think I'd mount the controller on or near the Hooka.

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I see what you mean! However, a setup like this does not have to be big or even real heavy. Heck, even a bicycle "light" generator to power the light or lights on a bicycle will surely provide power to a battery if setup correctly. Victor might have to consult with someone knowledgeable of generator/battery recharging setups to obtain the correct wattage, amps, size of wheel/rim, length of drive shaft/rod, type and size of generator and if any step down or step up components are needed in between the generator and battery. Most of us do think big and heavy when it comes to paddled bicycle wheels/rims and generators but that does not have to be the case. In this day and age of advances, a setup could weigh as much as or less than 5 pounds but 3 pounds or under may be possible.

Frank

Frank- You have given me another idea, not sure how well it'd work for Victor but it would work well for others that don't stray as far from the beaten path. What if you made a rick shaw type deal for carrying the hooka. Something simple- two bike tires, axel with a small platform for the hooka and two long handles for pulling it. One of the tires needs to be a free wheel back tire with the gear. The idea is that the cart is the basis for the Pelton wheel set up, a fully self contained type affair that you'd wheel it or float it out, anchor it up and start diving. I'll leave the details to the individual as there are way too many ways to make the concept work.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Frank- You have given me another idea, not sure how well it'd work for Victor but it would work well for others that don't stray as far from the beaten path. What if you made a rick shaw type deal for carrying the hooka. Something simple- two bike tires, axel with a small platform for the hooka and two long handles for pulling it. One of the tires needs to be a free wheel back tire with the gear. The idea is that the cart is the basis for the Pelton wheel set up, a fully self contained type affair that you'd wheel it or float it out, anchor it up and start diving. I'll leave the details to the individual as there are way too many ways to make the concept work.

That is a great idea for a fully contained Hooka system if you are working not too far from the vehicle and/or the trails are not too steep or rough! However, would it not be a good idea to have a battery backup with a generator to recharge the battery, just in case the water levels dropped or rose suddenly and either stopped or upset the wheel rotation? Although, I believe that they would probably have to be both in use at the same time to work.

Frank

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So here I am and there I was .. Maybe the other way around..

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Anyway I everyone is well getting some gold and enjoyin life....

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread