PROVEN TO MYSELF THE BEALE TREASURE IS A STORY MADE UP

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I have seen Jean's decoding and I can tell you just as he did, it has a Captain Thomas Beale in it...
It also contained Reine Lister, Perter Finch, and an epitaph in jumbled English, but that is not proof that his decoding it is accurate, does it?

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... there's no such connecting evidence that the pamphlet story was about a "Captain Beale of a militia." Thus more "it can be anything anyone desires it to be." A lot of theories out there, yet still nothing to directly connect any of them to the details offered in the narration. It's this absence that makes all of these various theories possible.
...and you have created many of these theories on these threads. :laughing7:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... I have proven to myself that the Beale Treasure Story was made up... So you can keep searching if you want to but take warning of the authors words about using the time only that you can spare because I can for a fact say the Beale Treasure does not exist.
With the lack of even the slightest bit of collaboration evidence outside of the Beale Papers narrative text and all the local and family references made in the "authentic statements" it becomes obvious that the Beale Papers was a dime novel with parlor entertainment ciphers sold for profit in the localized Lynchburg market.

OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found tons of information and research that will dispel the Beale Papers one way or the other. It will take at least a year to have it all checked out. If I find anything definitive within that time frame I will post it. Not looking for research for or against, I would just like to find something. If nothing is found then we can safely assume the story never happened other than as a book for entertainment. We will hope something is found but I can make no promises. I will search diligently. Keep posting. I read them every now and then. Good Luck.

OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found tons of information and research that will dispel the Beale Papers one way or the other. It will take at least a year to have it all checked out. If I find anything definitive within that time frame I will post it. Not looking for research for or against, I would just like to find something. If nothing is found then we can safely assume the story never happened other than as a book for entertainment. We will hope something is found but I can make no promises. I will search diligently. Keep posting. I read them every now and then. Good Luck.

I have found documents signed by Thomas Beale Register of Wills on August 22, 1820. Then on September 2, 1820, the Judge of the Court signed for Thomas Beale, Register of Wills. Then on September 15, 1820, Martin Blache, Assitant Register of Will was made the Register of Wills and that could have been a few days earlier. So between Sept. 2nd and Sept. 15 Thomas Beale was replaced or died and the New Orleans Newspaper had an obituary for Thomas Beale on Sept. 9th, 1820. This was the Thomas Beale from Botetourt County with the flourish handwriting that signed deeds and was a surveyor. So there is no way this Thomas Beale could be our man that buried the Beale Treasure in 1819 and 1821.

As the probate court in 1824 for Thomas Beale. This was not for Thomas Beale, Sr. as believed by Jean Laf. Jean Laf quoted that Thomas Beale Sr. signed everything over to Thomas Beale, Jr. and that is exactly what he did. Since he sold everything to Thomas Beale Jr. there was no need for a Probate Trial. I have documented proof that the 1824 Probate Court Case was for Thomas Beale Jr. Moses Cox was the Administrator for Thomas Beale, Jr. and it says that Thomas Beale, Jr. died at the Planter's Hotel. This ties up this to a dead end as for the father Thomas Beale, Sr. and the son Thomas Beale, Jr. as being the Thomas Beale that buried a treasure in Bedford County, Virginia. So now is the Story true or is it made up for profit? I believe the entire Job Print Pamphlet is nothing but a story made up.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
If the treasure was real one would think that Jr's mother, Chloe Delancey, would have known about it, and not had traveled to New Orleans to make a claim on the New Orleans holdings.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
After a long waste of time of 50 years or more, I have proven to myself that the Beale Treasure Story was made up. There may be a treasure out there for someone to find or you may luck up on another treasure while searching for the Beale Treasure. So you can keep searching if you want to but take warning of the authors words about using the time only that you can spare because I can for a fact say the Beale Treasure does not exist.
Did you come to this conclusion after the discovery of the three to four foot ground depression that was twelve foot in diameter where no treasure was found?

O

Old Silver

I have found documents signed by Thomas Beale Register of Wills on August 22, 1820. Then on September 2, 1820, the Judge of the Court signed for Thomas Beale, Register of Wills. Then on September 15, 1820, Martin Blache, Assitant Register of Will was made the Register of Wills and that could have been a few days earlier. So between Sept. 2nd and Sept. 15 Thomas Beale was replaced or died and the New Orleans Newspaper had an obituary for Thomas Beale on Sept. 9th, 1820. This was the Thomas Beale from Botetourt County with the flourish handwriting that signed deeds and was a surveyor. So there is no way this Thomas Beale could be our man that buried the Beale Treasure in 1819 and 1821.

As the probate court in 1824 for Thomas Beale. This was not for Thomas Beale, Sr. as believed by Jean Laf. Jean Laf quoted that Thomas Beale Sr. signed everything over to Thomas Beale, Jr. and that is exactly what he did. Since he sold everything to Thomas Beale Jr. there was no need for a Probate Trial. I have documented proof that the 1824 Probate Court Case was for Thomas Beale Jr. Moses Cox was the Administrator for Thomas Beale, Jr. and it says that Thomas Beale, Jr. died at the Planter's Hotel. This ties up this to a dead end as for the father Thomas Beale, Sr. and the son Thomas Beale, Jr. as being the Thomas Beale that buried a treasure in Bedford County, Virginia. So now is the Story true or is it made up for profit? I believe the entire Job Print Pamphlet is nothing but a story made up.

According to the Beale story (true or false, I cannot say), TJB was a young man. This, for me, puts to rest any notion of him being Thomas Beale sr. of New Orleans. I don't think that Thomas Beale jr's dying at the Planter's Hotel in New Orleans necessarily means he wasn't the TJB of the story. I'm not saying that jr. is our man, but it's not impossible that he had been elsewhere before his death in New orleans. We just don't have a chronological map of where people were and when.

legrand

Jul 28, 2008
Did you come to this conclusion after the discovery of the three to four foot ground depression that was twelve foot in diameter where no treasure was found?

So, an empty hole...then it's been found? Franklin...where is this hole ( "ground depression" )? Can you say?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread