Public Service Announcement

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
Why do they call them chili beans, when they are so hot? Why do they call them apartments, when they are right next to each other?Why do they call it shipping,when it goes by truck, and freight when it goes by ship? Just some questions to ponder. rockhound P.S. If you thought or knew, there was treasure in your neighbors yard, would you wait until dark to find and dig it up?

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rockhound said:
Why do they call them chili beans, when they are so hot?
If they were called hot beans, no one would eat them. They would be afraid to have a case of the flaming poops
Why do they call them apartments, when they are right next to each other?
They had to shorten the original term used ad that was "almost the same size as an average house, piled on top and next to one another. See, that doesn't roll off the tongue very easily.
Why do they call it shipping,when it goes by truck, and freight when it goes by ship? Just some questions to ponder. rockhound P.S.
It is a well known fact that the inventor of these "logistic" terms is dyslectic, he got it all backward like his reading skills

If you thought or knew, there was treasure in your neighbors yard, would you wait until dark to find and dig it up?
This has to be a joke of some sort. Right? Well the answer is why wait until dark when it's difficult to see your finds. You go in the daytime and hunt like a man. If anyone questions you, just tell them "finder's keeper's, loser's weeper's" that should hold them for a while. If they are persistent, ask for proof they own the house. When they go to get the paperwork, politely walk away and disappear into the wind. I do it all the time and never had a problem.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
poorhunter78 said:
when you are at the table and you are breaking the balls, You draw the stick back and you hit the ball, It is the very instance when the tip or "the point" makes contact with the ball.
Is" the point " your final answer? Or do you need a hint?

Side note: In addition to the score, you need to also keep in mind that Spartacus53 is breaking the balls in pool halls, beaches, night clubs, work, court, etc.. So also keep that in mind slick :thumbsup:

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
spartacus53 said:
rockhound said:
Why wait until dark when it's difficult to see your finds. You go in the daytime and hunt like a man. If anyone questions you, just tell them "finder's keeper's, loser's weeper's" that should hold them for a while. If they are persistent, ask for proof they own the house. When they go to get the paperwork, politely walk away and disappear into the wind. I do it all the time and never had a problem.[/color]

Is this one of the many reasons you are under house arrest? :D

Tony66

May 28, 2008
Tampa Bay Area Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II
Kentucky Kache said:
truckinbutch said:
Oh , Great One ,
I recently allowed a new woman to move in . One of her requirements was that I sleep only with her every night .
Each evening , when we retire , she opens a dresser drawer . She then removes and places the following items in the drawer :
Her wig
Her false eyelashes
Her glass eye
Her false teeth
Her 'enhanced' bra
A prosthetic leg and a prosthetic leg
Now my question is : Do I sleep in the bed or the drawer ?

If you can sleep at all after watching all that, you're a strong man. :tongue3:

Why go to sleep, just tell her "you know what I want, take it off, toss it over here and I'll be back in a minute...well, maybe 5 minutes"

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ivan salis said:
why is that people say the civil war was about "freeing the slaves" --- if so since the war started in 1861 why was it almost 2 years before the "slaves" were declared free?-- why does no one speak of when president lincoln on may 22nd of 1862 recinded union gen david hunters --general order #11 which was issued on by hunter on may 8th of 1862 which "freed" all the slaves in --south carolina, georgia and florida * forever more --the 3 states were under gen hunters military command at the time --

Ivan, As a true Southerner, born and raised in the South, with my great, great, grandfather a Confederate Solider, the civil war is called "The War of Northern Aggression". :laughing7:

"Reasons for risking life and limb varied, but they usually came down to four fundamentals: uphold state sovereignty, regional duty, group solidarity and protection of home and family.

The notion that the average Confederate waged war to preserve slavery is a tenuous one at best. Only 6 percent of Southerners owned slaves, and 3 percent of those owned the majority. Recruits themselves referred to the war as "a rich man's war and a poor man's fight."

"Just as most Northerners did not fight to end slavery, most Southerners did not fight to preserve it," wrote James I. Robertson, Jr. in Tenting Tonight:The Soldier's Life.

"By and large, owning slaves was the privilege of the well-to-do. The rank and file of the Southern armies was composed of farmers and laborers who volunteered to protect home and everything dear from Northern invaders, to keep their traditions and be left alone."

To preserve those traditions, the South paid a severe price: Confederate soldiers suffered up to 12 percent killed versus 5 percent of the Union Army. Killed in action totalled 74,542 plus another 59,297 dead from disease (this figure is generally considered underestimated). Of the 214,000 Confederates imprisoned in the North, 26,000 (12 percent) died."....
Thin Gray Line http://vaudc.org/confed_vets.html

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
To preserve those traditions, the South paid a severe price: Confederate soldiers suffered up to 12 percent killed versus 5 percent of the Union Army. Killed in action totalled 74,542 plus another 59,297 dead from disease (this figure is generally considered underestimated). Of the 214,000 Confederates imprisoned in the North, 26,000 (12 percent) died."....
Thin Gray Line http://vaudc.org/confed_vets.html

A far as the killed in action numbers go, I would have to agree with you there. The southern would have been dramatically cut if half of them were not named Johnny. When the Southerners heard "Johnny Reb" in a an authoritative voice they would look up from an entrenchment to see who was calling and get shot. By the same token when the "Billy Yanks" heard the call, they ignored it, because they hated authority in general and didn't want to do anything they didn't have to.

I hope that clears it up for you. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
packerbacker said:
Would probably prove difficult to remove and toss one's brain. :wink:

That is not as difficult as one may think. I am sure you know some people out there that aren't the sharpest knife in the drawer. Well those are the people at the greatest risk, one good sneeze and a good portion of their gray matter is blown into a tissue and disposed. Before you know it, there is little good gray matter left.

I hope that clears it up for you. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
packerbacker said:
Oh yeah, and how do you transport a "personality" and "intelligence"?

I usually beat it about the head and neck area until unconscious, then I drag em

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
packerbacker said:
Truckinbutch..................SLEEP IN THE BED!!!!!!!!!! After reviewing your "list" I deduct that the parts you're looking for are still there. :thumbsup:
Sir ,
Your last two posts show that you are a gentleman of wisdom on par with The Great Sparticus :icon_salut: :notworthy:

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spartacus53 said:
poorhunter78 said:
when you are at the table and you are breaking the balls, You draw the stick back and you hit the ball, It is the very instance when the tip or "the point" makes contact with the ball.
Is" the point " your final answer? Or do you need a hint?

Side note: In addition to the score, you need to also keep in mind that Spartacus53 is breaking the balls in pool halls, beaches, night clubs, work, court, etc.. So also keep that in mind slick :thumbsup:

OK You got me their Sparty........... :tongue3: :laughing7:

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will be traveling from this afternoon from about 1-2pm until tomorrow afternoon with limited access to e-mail, so any questions left today will be answered tomorrow. So in case of an emergency dial 911, or seek professional help until my return.

kawalabear

Jun 24, 2008
eastern shore MD.
Detector(s) used
Garrett
when i ague with my 17 yr old, we both always have to have the last word. :laughing7:

so just how do i end it. ??? with me having the last word of coarse.

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vibes said:
If a man is in the woods and there's no woman to hear him....is he still wrong?

Of course you look lovely in that outfit!
Why would you even think that you've gained any weight?!
Yes Dear!
Responses I've learned through the ages,
Carl

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The pellet gun shoots pellets, the shot gun shoots shot (BB's), The rubberband gun shoots rubberbands, The paintball gun shoots paintballs, The nailgun shoots nails, the staplegun shoots staples, the pricegun shoots prices, the tapegun dispenses tape, the tatergun shoots taters, ETC. then why is it the rifle/pistol is not referred to as the bullet gun, or the shell gun, or the cartridge gun. :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread