Pulse Induction detectors HELP please

roman123

Greenie
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

Hope everyone is having a great weekend and ready to feast on some turkey soon :hello2:

I have been doing some research and want to make my final decision but wanted to take your opinion before proceeding. I am looking for a pulse induction system that will penetrate through mineralized soil and where hot rocks are present(:BangHead:)
i concluded my search and found two detectors that might be up for the job, please let me know what you think or recommend

Pulse Star II Pro (German)

Pulse Star II Info

DeepTech Ground Pioneer 4500 (Bulgarian)

DeepTech Metal Detectors & Accessories

Upvote 0

roadapple

Nov 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here in th USA the Whites TDI Pro or standard TDI are what your looking for !. They work exceptionally well in hot ground of mineralized hot-rocks , iron rich salt beaches, EMI areas, because of the ability to ground balance out the interference causing elements. Do some research and Check them out......you wont be sorry !!! Best of luck in your choice.

OP
OP
roman123

roman123

Greenie
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for your input. I am looking to go down at least a couple of meters down. Do Whites TDI offer 1m x 1m coil and what depth do they go to for lets say a can of soda or big object ?

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Um...
Pulse 8x is what I would use... Errr DO use.

roadapple

Nov 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you for your input. I am looking to go down at least a couple of meters down. Do Whites TDI offer 1m x 1m coil and what depth do they go to for lets say a can of soda or big object ?

YES, But you need the "Whites TM 808" machine instead of the TDI for the depth and size objects your after. This unit can go as deep as 20 feet depending on size of metal object seeking. Check it out and the best of luck to your treasure !!!

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
There were a couple of episodes of "Meteorite Men" where they tried a couple of machines with the 3'x3' pvc coils searching for large meteorites. They seemed to work well, but I do not recall the machines that they tried. Very expensive machines though...Stuart

OP
OP
roman123

roman123

Greenie
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all for your replies and inputs! I've looked into the Whites TM 808, gotta say not bad at all for the price and depth but I am leaning towards a system that I can dismantle easily because I will be doing a lot of traveling. I would like to know who owned a Pulse Star II in this forum and if they can give any input on the system? Also heard that this unit has a lead-acid battery which not might be a good idea traveling around airports with it. I got this information from http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/o...i-pro-review-professional-relic-detector.html

goldkey

May 21, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Macro Anfibio Multi / Nokta Fors Core /Ace 250 - w/ 9"x12" Coil /
Whites TRX Bullseye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you haven't seen the Stinger II, you can go to the link provided and check it out.
It is supposed to have the ability to discriminate. The Stinger is reasonably priced also.
Would be a great machine if it does what it says it can do.

Mikron Metal detectors

*Two box machines will pick up everything of any size.

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry, but none of these machines will actually do what you are looking to do. Not even a Minelab GPZ 7000 is going to give you readings at 7+ feet in depth. You are about to spend a lot of money - BE CAREFUL!

goldkey

May 21, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites TRX Bullseye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, but none of these machines will actually do what you are looking to do. Not even a Minelab GPZ 7000 is going to give you readings at 7+ feet in depth. You are about to spend a lot of money - BE CAREFUL!

The Stinger II, if you go and see the specs on the site listed, shows that the machine will do what he is wanting to do.
2 meters is not that deep for these PI machines using the 3'x3' pvc coil. Larger coils are also available for deeper depths. The coils break down for easy transporting. There's another machine , the Rex Land Craft, that is comparable
to the Stinger II. There are some good videos there with demonstrations. What interest me the most is their ability to be able to discriminate.
You can choose to block out iron with them, like you would if using a VLF machine. They claim also to be able to isolate what you are looking for and only register on that particular metal. This is all in the ads for these machines.........read and believe, or choose not to.

REX METALDETECTORS » Land Craft

Mikron Metal detectors

* These machines are also reasonably priced. As soon as I find enough nickels at the beach....I may add one of these to the closet.

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
...They claim also to be able to isolate what you are looking for and only register on that particular metal...

I "claim" a lot of things. That does not make my statements true. If the O.P. wants to waste thousands of dollars it is OK with me.

goldkey

May 21, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites TRX Bullseye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I "claim" a lot of things. That does not make my statements true. If the O.P. wants to waste thousands of dollars it is OK with me.

Terry....did you go to the ads and see the specs?
The price on those machines range around $1500, depending on what coils you get with them.
I would say that is more than reasonable and far cheaper than investing in a cadillac Minelab, which I believe are way overpriced for what they do.
We all know that if you advertise a machine to be able to function as specified, then it is generally accepted that the machine will do what it says.
We aren't talking about an LRL here where there may be some mystery involved in how it works.
The machines are demonstrated to find objects at great depths. We're not talking about finding quarters at 6'. The objects have to be larger than that to be detected.
Both of those machines can be used with smaller coils also, making them good machines to use at the beach, or in the gold fields.
With technology as it is today, I do believe it is possible to have a detector that you can program to be more specific in what you are looking for.
I would think that we should be more open to products that are available outside the U.S..
My Nokta, from Turkey, is a case in point. It is a very good machine that competes with and does a better job than a lot of U.S. made products.....some of those that cost a lot more money do less than the Nokta.
If we are trying to help someone that has asked for help, I do think we should be well informed about what we give advice on.
I have been researching these products for a long time now. I want to make sure when I spend my money on another machine, that I have all the knowledge about it that I can get.
It has always been known that PI machines do not discriminate. Maybe it's time that changes have come about in that technology and it's time to have one that will.
Who says it's not possible?

*Look at the videos, read the specs, become informed, then make a decision. That's the best we can do on any product till we get it in our hands.

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry....did you go to the ads and see the specs?
The price on those machines range around $1500, depending on what coils you get with them.
I would say that is more than reasonable and far cheaper than investing in a cadillac Minelab, which I believe are way overpriced for what they do.

Again, NONE of the machines listed will do what the OP wants them to do. Not even the "Cadllac."

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Roman123,

Terry knows his stuff so if he says none of the mentioned machines will get the results you're after you can take it to the bank.

Regards + HH

Bill

goldkey

May 21, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites TRX Bullseye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Roman123,

Terry knows his stuff so if he says none of the mentioned machines will get the results you're after you can take it to the bank.

Regards + HH

Bill

Evidently Terry doesn't know everything. Nothing against Terry...I don't know him.
The man was looking for a PI machine that would detect 2 meters.
The machines I presented will do that depending on what it is you're looking for.
A large cache of coins, yes.....either of those machines would do the job.
Does anybody read the specs on these machines before they make a comment?
It seems they don't. No....a Minelab detector with the biggest coil available probably won't go 2 meters depth.
A PI with a 3'x3' coil on a large object...Yes it will do the job. Look at the video demonstrations and then tell me they won't.
You would have to be fooling yourself to see them detect at 2 meters and then say they won't do the job.

Specs copied from website on Stinger II:

Stinger 2 can work with searching frames 1,20x1,20 m, 2x2m, round coil 36 cm with handle and 22x32cm. with handle.
Depths of finding metals with searching frame 1,20x1,20m.:
- metal object sized: 10 x 10cm………………….180 cm. (5,5')
- 25 x 25cm…………………………………..……..230 cm. (7,5')
- 50 x 50cm…………………………………………..2,8 m. (9,3')
- 1 x 1m. ……………………………...……………….4 m. (13,5')
- Maximum depth for a very big metal object …..up to 6 m. (up to 20')

Specs copied from Rex Land Craft site:
Depths of finding metals with searching frame 1x1m:

metal object sized: 10 x 10cm…………………………………….190 cm. (6,3′)
25 x 25cm………………………………………………………………..280 cm. (9,3′)
50 x 50cm…………………………………………………………………..3,6 m. (12′)
1 x 1m. ………………………………………………………………………4,8 m. (16′)
Maximum depth for a very big metal object ……….up to 6,5 m. (up to 21,6′)

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Specs do not mean anything......

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Evidently Terry doesn't know everything. Nothing against Terry...I don't know him.
The man was looking for a PI machine that would detect 2 meters.
The machines I presented will do that depending on what it is you're looking for.
A large cache of coins, yes.....either of those machines would do the job.
Does anybody read the specs on these machines before they make a comment?
It seems they don't. No....a Minelab detector with the biggest coil available probably won't go 2 meters depth.
A PI with a 3'x3' coil on a large object...Yes it will do the job. Look at the video demonstrations and then tell me they won't.
You would have to be fooling yourself to see them detect at 2 meters and then say they won't do the job.

Specs copied from website on Stinger II:

Stinger 2 can work with searching frames 1,20x1,20 m, 2x2m, round coil 36 cm with handle and 22x32cm. with handle.
Depths of finding metals with searching frame 1,20x1,20m.:
- metal object sized: 10 x 10cm………………….180 cm. (5,5')
- 25 x 25cm…………………………………..……..230 cm. (7,5')
- 50 x 50cm…………………………………………..2,8 m. (9,3')
- 1 x 1m. ……………………………...……………….4 m. (13,5')
- Maximum depth for a very big metal object …..up to 6 m. (up to 20')

Specs copied from Rex Land Craft site:
Depths of finding metals with searching frame 1x1m:

metal object sized: 10 x 10cm…………………………………….190 cm. (6,3′)
25 x 25cm………………………………………………………………..280 cm. (9,3′)
50 x 50cm…………………………………………………………………..3,6 m. (12′)
1 x 1m. ………………………………………………………………………4,8 m. (16′)
Maximum depth for a very big metal object ……….up to 6,5 m. (up to 21,6′)

Yes, again, I know what the specs say. I have actually seen the Stinger 2 demonstrated looking for 16th century cannon balls in heavy desert sand and gravels. The OP is in Texas, and is probably looking for Spanish ingots (Coca-Cola sized objects). He won't find them at 7' + in depth with any of these machines.

OP
OP
roman123

roman123

Greenie
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guys guys please lets keep this friendly!! i see things are getting a little spicy...terry I am not hunting anything in Texas nor Mexico. Your absolutely right about the specs not meaning anything but you cant say they absolutely do not mean anything and even if they deliver half of what is advertised that will make me a happy hunter!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread