Pyramid Pro Pan.....Anyone else using this great pan????

craftime78

Greenie
Nov 10, 2011
Fall Creek, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wondering if anyone else is using a Pyramid Pro Pan from fossickers.com? I have used one for this past season and have been having great success. It took me a while to refine my technique but I would be willing to share my "secrets" with those that are having problems. I spend every weekend out with it in Western Wisconsin and have found lots of gold specks (including a couple of small pickers), garnets, quartz crystals, diamonds, and lots of other unique rock formations. I'm calling it quits for the season (my wife doesn't believe that yet) and hope to spend the long winter months going through several buckets of material that I wasn't able to give the close inspection they deserve. I will also be researching and experimenting on other techniques to make next year even better. Oh, and my best find was a 1/4 carat rhomboid dodecahedron diamond of exceptional clarity and quality that I plan on having mounted in a necklace setting for a one-of-a-kind Christmas gift for my wife. It was a tough choice between selling it for big $$$$$$ or spending a little $$$$ to finally get a little "acceptance" from my wife on my "crazy weekly obsession" that ONLY lasted 7 months this year. I know, some people call it a bribe. But, hey, whatever works. Besides, maybe there's a pair of earrings waiting in some of my concentrates yet. Anyway, hope to hear from some of you great TH'ers. Also, I will try to post a couple of pictures of before and after when I get one of my webcams to work on this computer.

Mark

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PYRAMID PRO PAN

I used one of these pan a couple of weeks ago for the first time and they are amazing!!! I got one for myself as soon as I could. Cost was $100.00, but worth every penny. It catches the finest gold and there very easy to pack and use. I don't classify just put the material in the pan and go. Once I work the material down I'll empty into a 1/4" classifier on a pan or bucket depending on if I'm going to pan it out or take it home for later. No more sluice box for me, you can use this pan anywhere. I'm always finding bedrock around the slow water and this pan is perfect!!!!

kevin1

Oct 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Skiddum

Jan 29, 2015
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
after careful consideration of this and the goldhog pan I decided th at this was the best choice. it handles small stuff and big stuff the same. where as the gold hog can't handle the small stuff, sand and that nasty black clay crap we get here in utah. there's plenty of big rocks here but the sand is weird it's black glay almost and it solidifies rather quickly. you pick it up its like sand but it hardens fast almost as soon as it settles. but after reading the reviews and everything else this pan is said to handle it no problem cause it's really light once it's broken up and goes by by. so anyways I bought a trinity bowl for clean up and the le trap to use as a safety pan and then get all the extra crap off and take it home for later run it through the black magic just to make sure I didn't miss anything in the black sand. once I'm more confident with the trinity bowl and am sure I'm not losing anything ILloyd just keep the black sand to bring home and catch the ultra fines. also have the bazooka sluice. goink to do the same thing with it. buy anyone get any tips ou r anything for using the Pyramid. thanks guys

tvanwho

Jul 15, 2005
indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo ST, Whites MXT and TDi,Garrett AT Pro and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My Pyramid pan broke 1st time I used it, what now?

How do I get my broken Pyramid pan replaced for free? The plug fell out as I was using it in a creek due to the funnel thing cracking on me. How deep does the water have to be anyways? I thought a foot of water was plenty but maybe not?

-Tom

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Go to your other post under Panning for the answer.

tvanwho

Jul 15, 2005
indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo ST, Whites MXT and TDi,Garrett AT Pro and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What is hands and pans area? Never heard that phrase before?

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is hands and pans area? Never heard that phrase before?
"Recreational "Hands and Pans" are the only tools you may use on the South Yuba River. No digging with shovels or other hand tools. You can only pan in stream-run gravel -- never from dry areas."

PurpleGold

Apr 17, 2015
Superior, Colorado
Detector(s) used
30" Sniper Bazooka Gold Trap, X-Stream Hybrid Pro hand dredge, Royal Manufacturing 54" Powered Stream Sluice, Pans of all different sizes and shapes
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
le trap pan.jpg The pyramid pro looks like a lot of work. I would think the Le Trap Square Gold Pan would do just about the same thing and it only requires one hand and is about 1/5 the cost.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have both, I would not substitute the Pyramid Pro pan for a Le Trap pan.
Both are great, but the Pyramid Pro pan keeps it all, to keep it all with the Le Trap pan you have to be a little more careful.
I feel that gold would be lost if the Le Trap pan were to try to keep up with the Pyramid Pro Pan.

I use the Le Trap pan for a few things, sampling (You can speed pan and cover a lot of ground), Cleanup from my sluice or Pyramid Pro Pan, a tool pan when I am sniping (Stays put underwater with a small rock inside if current isn't too fast), and as a primary pan if I don't have my Garrett with me.

Also, the pyramid pro pan can be used underwater, I will take a video demonstrating this later this week but it may be a while until I post it. I am still having internet problems with uploading and I have a LOT of video's that need uploaded.
While underwater this is the PERFECT tool to use when you come into an area that has smaller gold in fine or silt filled material that gets fanned away while sniping.
This method can be just as fast as the shake method once you become familiar with it and is also dependent on the material that you are working.

Last edited:

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
personal preferences are the final factor

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I also have the Pyramid and Le Trap pans. They are vastly different and each have their purpose. I like (not love) them both. Thing about a Pyramid is the bottom is not flat, so you cannot just set it down anywhere to fill it up with dirt. It does fit nicely on a bucket (if you have one with) or between 3 rocks or over a shallow hole in the ground or whatever. A Le Trap or round pan, you can place it just about anywhere flat. If you are moving lots of material with pan only, the Pyramid is certainly worthwhile to consider.

Jackfish

May 16, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just took my pyramid pan out on its maiden trip to my favourite creek on the Eastern Rocky slopes in Alberta. I wouldn't hesitate to say I found twice the color in half the time. Loved it. May try that mod too.. So far I'm loving it. It Clips with two carabiners and a bungee cord like a turtle shell on my current wandering pan pack.
522ccd9b1d2f3f101424dcd846d45e4b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also have the Pyramid and Le Trap pans. They are vastly different and each have their purpose. I like (not love) them both. Thing about a Pyramid is the bottom is not flat, so you cannot just set it down anywhere to fill it up with dirt. It does fit nicely on a bucket (if you have one with) or between 3 rocks or over a shallow hole in the ground or whatever. A Le Trap or round pan, you can place it just about anywhere flat. If you are moving lots of material with pan only, the Pyramid is certainly worthwhile to consider.
Don't set it down, hang it

Tripod_Lashing_1.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions