Pyramid Pro Pan.....Anyone else using this great pan????

craftime78

Greenie
Nov 10, 2011
Fall Creek, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wondering if anyone else is using a Pyramid Pro Pan from fossickers.com? I have used one for this past season and have been having great success. It took me a while to refine my technique but I would be willing to share my "secrets" with those that are having problems. I spend every weekend out with it in Western Wisconsin and have found lots of gold specks (including a couple of small pickers), garnets, quartz crystals, diamonds, and lots of other unique rock formations. I'm calling it quits for the season (my wife doesn't believe that yet) and hope to spend the long winter months going through several buckets of material that I wasn't able to give the close inspection they deserve. I will also be researching and experimenting on other techniques to make next year even better. Oh, and my best find was a 1/4 carat rhomboid dodecahedron diamond of exceptional clarity and quality that I plan on having mounted in a necklace setting for a one-of-a-kind Christmas gift for my wife. It was a tough choice between selling it for big $$$$$$ or spending a little $$$$ to finally get a little "acceptance" from my wife on my "crazy weekly obsession" that ONLY lasted 7 months this year. I know, some people call it a bribe. But, hey, whatever works. Besides, maybe there's a pair of earrings waiting in some of my concentrates yet. Anyway, hope to hear from some of you great TH'ers. Also, I will try to post a couple of pictures of before and after when I get one of my webcams to work on this computer.

Mark

Upvote 0

419GottaMinute

Jul 1, 2012
colfax, ca
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 400
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I can do a five gallon bucket of classified material in 12 - 15 minutes with my super sluice.

mattfink

Dec 23, 2012
Cottage Grove, MN
Detector(s) used
minelab equinox 800
Minelab excalibur ii
Whites surfmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we can't sluice in minnesota its illegal

419GottaMinute

Jul 1, 2012
colfax, ca
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 400
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Garrett super sluice gold pan, 14" pan with two large riiffles. Cost about $14. I have thrown this pan frisbee-style more times than I can count and its never even so much as chipped. Best pan ive ever owned, only pan I ll ever buy again.

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Garrett Super Sluice works great. I run my material through a drop riffle sluice after I've panned and it doesn't miss much.

Mattfink, can't you classify your material at the source and run it through a recirculating sluice at home?

LinkHylian

Dec 21, 2012
WA State
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro + ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's such a cool find. She'll be so suprised!!! Careful tho, now she'll start milling thru your finds haha:).
Here is a photo of the diamond I found using the Pyramid Pro Production Pan. I will be going to the jeweler to have it mounted into a pendant setting. (shhhhhhhhh.....don't tell my wife)

Mark

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett PRO POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a photo of the diamond I found using the Pyramid Pro Production Pan. I will be going to the jeweler to have it mounted into a pendant setting. (shhhhhhhhh.....don't tell my wife)

Mark

thats so weird it looks like it already has a triangular shape on both ends lol

mattfink

Dec 23, 2012
Cottage Grove, MN
Detector(s) used
minelab equinox 800
Minelab excalibur ii
Whites surfmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Garrett Super Sluice works great. I run my material through a drop riffle sluice after I've panned and it doesn't miss much.

Mattfink, can't you classify your material at the source and run it through a recirculating sluice at home?

Yeah I could but that would alot of extra work too and I would have to dispose of all the material left over.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think the Garrett Super Sluice is a much better price at $15, and it does the same thing. With the Pyramid Pro Pan your still just panning for $100 a pop, also your still bent over and kneeling down killing yourself in a crappy position. If you want something that does a 5 gallon bucket of material with little stress to your lower back and knees, check this out.

newbigbuggys0802028Small29.jpg

A Montana Rocker Pan, I have one and it's awesome. I've never seen one come up for sale on Craigs List or Ebay, but I think a like design might still be produced by someone.

sidvail

Jan 11, 2013
Cottonwood, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nuggetshooter,
That is so fricken awesome I'm speechless. I want it.

Okay, so I'm not speechless. But I do have a sore back. I was wrapped around so many strangely shaped rocks today trying to pan, that I don't think I will walk for a week.

I gotta call that a 'Gentleman's pan'. You can process your diggings, smoke a cigar, flirt with the ladies and pontificate upon the mysteries of gold. All while rock'n out.

Joel1316

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seen a prospector with a DIY built rocker box, first time out. He built the box too high which then required deeper water. But he was the envy of the crowd since the creek was slow moving and he didn't need flow, just the water.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's why I orginally got this rocker pan, I can process material in a pond or water moving any speed. Also you treat it like a sluice, you just keep processing buckets until you see the expanded metal getting full of black sand.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I spoke too soon, I did find one on a search at Fine Gold Recovery Systems . It says it's $179.00, I paid about $150 five years ago for mine.

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
have you ever found amber in any of your panning adventure

WolfgangStiller

Aug 20, 2012
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, ProPointer, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spoke too soon, I did find one on a search at Fine Gold Recovery Systems . It says it's $179.00, I paid about $150 five years ago for mine.

That Rocker pan looks pretty nice. Have you ever run a test to see how much of our Colorado fine gold it lets slip by? I know that when I hand pan (conventional pan) I lose a lot of -100 gold unless I classify my material first to -50 or better.

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
how cool would it be to find mystic fire topaz which is usually man made

dredgeman

Feb 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In Jan the gold rush nugget bucket came on the market and we are using it in a motorless area in Kalif while we argue with the forestry. No motor, no sluice and everything in one bucket.

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rather ingenious. Probably been done before in a different form but it is a nice tidy package. Maybe you should become a charter member and sell them in the classifieds??

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread