quarters update

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
last week i started a thread about searching quarters. On thursday i went to 3 different banks and was able to buy 2 boxes of 500$ in quarters. One bank did not have any. When my girl friend got out of work we went to a couple of her banks and luckily one bank had 2 more boxes, they said they over ordered. me and her searched threw 4 boxes and found nothing. Not even a canadian clad to get you excited for 1 second. I was not expecting any crazy numbers, however i did expect 1 silver quarter out of 4 boxes. Anyway i will not be searching quarters anymore and will stick with my halves and dimes.

Upvote 0

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've gotten silver quarters in pickups as small as $90 and $150 (according to my records). There really isn't anything like pulling a silver quarter out of a roll- it's not all about the numbers

HH
-GC

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i just went through three quarter boxes and found nothing. No biggie, I'm gonna keep at it because I love finding silver quarters.

rfishoutofwater

Feb 11, 2011
PNW
Detector(s) used
garret 350
i have been searching 1 box per week as of last and have been getting 1 per box so far. cant give up so easy though. HH

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
You can't quit after 4 boxes. You will get 4 skunks in a row in every denomination sometime, except pennies and maybe nickels.

OP
OP
M

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i normally dont give up , but the way i see it is i could have got 8 boxes of dimes and i know i would have found a bunch of silver. I have never been skunked on a dime box, and rarely get skunked on halves. I will try again at some point. Silver quarters are my favorite silver coin. I still always buy customer wrapped rolls but it will be at least a few weeks before i try quarters again. HH

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
last week i started a thread about searching quarters. On thursday i went to 3 different banks and was able to buy 2 boxes of 500$ in quarters. One bank did not have any. When my girl friend got out of work we went to a couple of her banks and luckily one bank had 2 more boxes, they said they over ordered. me and her searched threw 4 boxes and found nothing. Not even a canadian clad to get you excited for 1 second. I was not expecting any crazy numbers, however i did expect 1 silver quarter out of 4 boxes. Anyway i will not be searching quarters anymore and will stick with my halves and dimes.

It took me $4500 to find my first silver quarter this year, but I am now averaging approximately 1 per $2000 searched for the year. (I have found 9 in $17,500).

I had a $8000 skunk streak to end of 2010 and another skunk streak of $9000 in 2009, but I have also found 10 in one bag and 11 in another bag in 2009 on each end of the skunk streak...

Like anything in CRH, you just never know.

jnb1994

Mar 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't tried boxes of quarters yet but I still have 8 of them. Two of them I got from my grandma and the others I've found in coin returns. I'd rather get two boxes or dimes or a box of halves with the 500 bucks. Just my opinion

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread