Question for dowsers

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
The coffee cup scenario was simply in place to demonstrate that a seemingly incorrect answer could be given unless enough information provided.

The math I used in your particular scenario was correct. You haven't once shown where it was wrong, only saying it is does not make it so.

If my math was incorrect, show me the correct math. If you can't, then how would you know?

I won't hold my breath. Never once have you brought any information to this forum that could be considered valuable, all you do is ask questions and insult others.

Well, you may have provided some sort of information, but it was probably in all those posts you deleted, so it does us no good at this point.

Hey AF….What are you talking about…2417 post that provide no information. Nothing but twist a spin….What’s wrong AF, is Judy not right?...Art

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
aarthrj3811 said:
The coffee cup scenario was simply in place to demonstrate that a seemingly incorrect answer could be given unless enough information provided.

The math I used in your particular scenario was correct. You haven't once shown where it was wrong, only saying it is does not make it so.

If my math was incorrect, show me the correct math. If you can't, then how would you know?

I won't hold my breath. Never once have you brought any information to this forum that could be considered valuable, all you do is ask questions and insult others.

Well, you may have provided some sort of information, but it was probably in all those posts you deleted, so it does us no good at this point.

Hey AF….What are you talking about…2417 post that provide no information. Nothing but twist a spin….What’s wrong AF, is Judy not right?...Art
How can I say if she's right or wrong, Art? All she whined was "You're wrong! Waaahhhhh!" :'( :'(

Sounds just like a typical dowser response, actually.

"You're wrong, but I don't know why and I have no way of proving that!"

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey Carl…When I look at definitions of Double Blind and Single Blind they all refer to some kind of study or experiment. I see words like expectation.. experimental control
Which also have meanings. I see words like the placebo effect, observer bias, and experimenter's bias). Random assignment. I also see a lot of words ending in “S” and “ing”. When I look at the examples of tests one word jumps out at me “group” or many people.

The study has to have a clear purpose to prove something not if one person can do something …Art

Example of a Single Blind Test.

Early '80s Promotional "Pepsi Challenge" 12 oz. can, and promotional button given for taking the challenge.
The challenge is designed to be a direct response to critics who allege that Coca-Cola and Pepsi-Cola are identical drinks, with no meaningful differences.[citation needed] The challenge takes the form of a taste test. At malls, shopping centers and other public locations, a Pepsi representative sets up a table with two blank cups: one containing Pepsi and one with Coke. Shoppers are encouraged to taste both colas, and then select which drink they prefer. Then the representative reveals the two bottles so the taster can see whether they preferred Coke or Pepsi. The results of the test leaned toward a consensus that Pepsi was preferred by more Americans.[2]
In the early 1980s, Pepsi ran a contest which would hand out a large prize to anyone who could gather Pepsi bottle caps that spelled out "challenge." Each cap had a single letter beneath it. The letter "A" was the rarest, making it appropriately difficult to win the prize.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
aarthrj3811 said:
Hey Carl…When I look at definitions of Double Blind and Single Blind they all refer to some kind of study or experiment. I see words like expectation.. experimental control
Which also have meanings. I see words like the placebo effect, observer bias, and experimenter's bias). Random assignment. I also see a lot of words ending in “S” and “ing”. When I look at the examples of tests one word jumps out at me “group” or many people.

The study has to have a clear purpose to prove something not if one person can do something …Art

Example of a Single Blind Test.

Early '80s Promotional "Pepsi Challenge" 12 oz. can, and promotional button given for taking the challenge.
The challenge is designed to be a direct response to critics who allege that Coca-Cola and Pepsi-Cola are identical drinks, with no meaningful differences.[citation needed] The challenge takes the form of a taste test. At malls, shopping centers and other public locations, a Pepsi representative sets up a table with two blank cups: one containing Pepsi and one with Coke. Shoppers are encouraged to taste both colas, and then select which drink they prefer. Then the representative reveals the two bottles so the taster can see whether they preferred Coke or Pepsi. The results of the test leaned toward a consensus that Pepsi was preferred by more Americans.[2]
In the early 1980s, Pepsi ran a contest which would hand out a large prize to anyone who could gather Pepsi bottle caps that spelled out "challenge." Each cap had a single letter beneath it. The letter "A" was the rarest, making it appropriately difficult to win the prize.
Looks like this belongs in a different thread, Art.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used

Gee ..I thought the tread has always been about Carls tests....Art

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
aarthrj3811 said:

Gee ..I thought the tread has always been about Carls tests....Art
Just admit you screwed up, Art.

You should be used to it by now. ::)

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
aarthrj3811 said:
Just admit you screwed up, Art.

You should be used to it by now.

It is still a # 7 AF of Characteristics of pseudoskeptics
Holy Cow, Art. This doesn't belong in this thread, either. What are you thinking? ???

Oh, wait, wait, wait, wait.

It's Art's own version of Twist and Spin. "When you can't keep up with the conversation, start making random posts till everyone just gives up."

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Holy Cow, Art. This doesn't belong in this thread, either. What are you thinking?

It's Art's own version of Twist and Spin. "When you can't keep up with the conversation, start making random posts till everyone just gives up."

Tendency to discredit, rather than investigate [7]

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
aarthrj3811 said:
Holy Cow, Art. This doesn't belong in this thread, either. What are you thinking?

Tendency to discredit, rather than investigate [7]
Again, wrong thread, Art.

Are you doing this on purpose? ???

Amona

Apr 11, 2005
Sardinera, Mona Island
Detector(s) used
GTI2500,Seahunter Mark II, Eagle eye two box
Hi People

I don't follow your thread here in this topic but I urge the attention from NC-Carl because somebody begun a new topic regarding a Coin beach, Delaware. This Guy "Mentz" found some fake coins in that beach. May be, somebody had planted those fake coins with some malicious purpose. Please read:

Walked way up to Coin Beach and things were sparse as usual (except for the trash). I was excited when I dug the first but realized it was not black sand encrusted and on looking at the reverse saw the word "COPY". Realized that someone had salted the beach,

then I wrote:

Hi Fellows

I couldn't state 100% it is how I suspect, but according with the picture that Mentz posted here I can suspect who or whom were the responsible.

In 2003 there was a terrible incident here in Tr' net among two parties; The people that use LRL or 'Long Range Locator' and the opposite gang, the 'Skeptic'. During that time there was a guy that found a Spanish gold coins using one of those machine, LRL the day after a tropical storm in Coin Beach, Delaware- Sept. or October 2003. That Storm hit that beach all easternshore as far I remember. Then, in the middle of struggle here in one of those "HOT" topic of LRL, he mentioned that he found those coins using a LRL and he posted a picture of the coins, after that the war begun. There was personal insult, threat, accusation, invitation to fight, etc. Many of those were banned.

I know people from both parties, some of them are not longer here in this forum.Some of the skeptic party lived or living(?) in Washington, DC area- VA. May be one of them threw or located those fake coins in coin beach, Delaware to refute the LRL's guy version.

For more information you could ask to Marc or Jeff, They were witness in 2003 of that nasty incident here.

LRL' USER vs. SKEPTICS

Amona

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,113635.0.html

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey Amona….I must have missed that discussion. After what I have saw I would not put it passed them. It just may have been a prank to see if anyone would fall for it…Art

Amona

Apr 11, 2005
Sardinera, Mona Island
Detector(s) used
GTI2500,Seahunter Mark II, Eagle eye two box
Hey Art

Hey Amona….I must have missed that discussion. After what I have saw I would not put it passed them. It just may have been a prank to see if anyone would fall for it…Art

I know, only I would mention what happen in another topic because is related exactly what folks talking here. :-[

Amona

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread