Question for F75 users

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
7" on a dime. Tad deeper on a quarter.

More or less depending on soil conditions and your ground balance practices.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You are referring to the 5" coil and DP mode = delta pitch tone? or are you referring to BP boost process or DE default mode?

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You are referring to the 5" coil and DP mode = delta pitch tone? or are you referring to BP boost process or DE default mode?

The 5” coil I’m trying to do deeper in trashy area and I was hoping the DP mode would go to 10” without any interference. Not sure if that’s possible.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Typically a coil will go as deep as it is long (or wide if concentric) on small targets. I have found the F75 to do a bit better. Larger targets = deeper hits.

You might get 18" on a pie plate.

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
As stated it depends on your soil and conditions.
I have found that rule about depth related to size if the coil is somewhat true on the bigger coils, I have gone way beyond that with small sniper coils on several different detectors.

In the great soil in Kansas and Missouri I could easily get to the 10"area on my F70 using all kinds of tone choices in disc.
I got a few depth readings from 12" up to 14" a couple of times out there but never dug them.

Here in my difficult soil in the SE. I have dug a few coins up to the 8-9" so far with that same round coil but most of my targets usually don't hang out much deeper than 5-6".

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Truth
That 5" coil is like a lazer in between junk/iron, and in DP/ Delta Pitch that F-75 Powerhouse well speak a sweet language to you.. depth wise i get around what Charlie gets here in N.Y. too..
100 tones first 15 look at the # higher low grunts = axe,chisels/larger iron...dig anything that sounds any higher and "RIM" when the ground is clean enough.
The higher #s very high 90s most likly big,round or thick iron,but dig it`s sometimes it a treasure.
Gary

Last edited:

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Typically a coil will go as deep as it is long (or wide if concentric) on small targets. I have found the F75 to do a bit better. Larger targets = deeper hits.

You might get 18" on a pie plate.

Long or wide? Charlie............10x5 DD?

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I normally use the 5" DD in trashy areas and run in FA process. I might lose a little depth, but get the best target separation.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ya i liked using FA process and DP tones together in the heavy iron speaks to me .
The FA process is very sensitive to EMI near the road it picks up the the power lines slight sound of eggs frying in the background but still able to hunt,some electric fences around here, i have to be a football field away with both 75 and T2 just in FA .

Last edited:
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I used this set up today in a very trashy part off the park and found that Confederate cuff link today. I’m gonna try that FA mode soon.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I used this set up today in a very trashy part off the park and found that Confederate cuff link today. I’m gonna try that FA mode soon.

I would recommend you set no notches at all and discriminate only to 7 or so for iron.

Use the readings to rule-out crap. Gold jewelry will hit around where the pulltabs do.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would recommend you set no notches at all and discriminate only to 7 or so for iron.

Use the readings to rule-out crap. Gold jewelry will hit around where the pulltabs do.

True I did get a lot of deep iron nails. Thanks Charlie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread