Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We didn't "earn" our rights here in the USA, we stole them from our Native brothers.
Nobody has "earned" the right to bear arms, we simply think some paper written AGES ago is still valid and is "ours."
Things change, people change, we need to change the Amendments....."But if I don't have a gun I won't be safe..." *barf*

Your comments show you have no reguard for the principles this country was founded on. I dont give a hoot if it was written 235 years ago or yesterday, it is the foundation this republic was founded on and is based on...............So what is the next amendment you want to change, remove the 1st amendment, maybe the pesky 3, 4, 5 and 8th, maybe you would just like to get rid of all of them..... Maybe we dont need them either....

I do agree with one word in your post.....BARF!

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Quote Originally Posted by LinkHylian View Post
We didn't "earn" our rights here in the USA, we stole them from our Native brothers.
Nobody has "earned" the right to bear arms, we simply think some paper written AGES ago is still valid and is "ours."
Things change, people change, we need to change the Amendments....."But if I don't have a gun I won't be safe..." *barf*

If you dont like it here link move to North Korea.Hell,we'll start a fund drive for you and pay your airfare.hows that sound?

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Red James cash said:
If you dont like it here link move to North Korea.Hell,we'll start a fund drive for you and pay your airfare.hows that sound?

I thought it was every Americans right to view their opinions? Are you trying to deny him his first amendment rights. I thought of all folks pro second amendment people would be the loudest to support anyone's right to free speech whether you agree with them or not?

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I thought it was every Americans right to view their opinions? Are you trying to deny him his first amendment rights. I thought of all folks pro second amendment people would be the loudest to support anyone's right to free speech whether you agree with them or not?

Its all commonsense isnt it stockpicker.But we all know how rare that is here when it comes to certain individuals.If you dont like the constitution move to where there isnt one.

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love the constitution and I completely believe that everyone has the right to speak their opinions no matter what I think of them. I think the klan is a bunch of inbred idiots, but I still recognize their right to speak and to assemble for protest. I missed the part in the constitution that said these rights apply to folks who agree with Red. Either accept everyone's rights or no ones.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I love the constitution and I completely believe that everyone has the right to speak their opinions no matter what I think of them. I think the klan is a bunch of inbred idiots, but I still recognize their right to speak and to assemble for protest. I missed the part in the constitution that said these rights apply to folks who agree with Red. Either accept everyone's rights or no ones.

Your post is irrelevent.The bottom line is if you dont like the constitution then leave the country where it the law of the land.

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Red James cash said:
Your post is irrelevent.The bottom line is if you dont like the constitution then leave the country where it the law of the land.

So that would have been your advice to our founding fathers - you don't like the way the British are running things why don't you just leave??

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
So that would have been your advice to our founding fathers - you don't like the way the British are running things why don't you just leave??

The constitution wasnt the law of the land until after the revolution was over.:laughing7:

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Red James cash said:

No, the bottom line is that if you don't like something going on down in Washington you use your constitutional rights to engage in the political process to create change. That's the AMERICAN WAY my friend. And that's what makes this nation great. Thank goodness you were not advising the civil rights or women voting rights movement. "You don't like that you can't vote or have equal rights, why don't you just leave the country"...

Best

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
No, the bottom line is that if you don't like something going on down in Washington you use your constitutional rights to engage in the political process to create change. That's the AMERICAN WAY my friend.

I never said it wasnt.:laughing9:Then again you thrive on putting words in peoples mouths,though you whine about it when its done to you,Hmmmm.As I said before practice what you preach.:sign10:

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Best not to tell another American to leave the country if you don't agree with what they have to say - correct.

OP
OP
B

BuffaloBob

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2005
Rocky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold Coil
deteknixXpointer Probe
Minelab Ex-Terra 70
White's Classic II
2014-2015 Colorado Gold Camp Prospector
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Quote from desertphile: Indeed, if there is anyone in the USA suggesting that hand guns and rifles be taken away from citizens, I've not heard about it and nobody would pay any attention to that person. The hope is that long-distance weapons are better regulated so that it is harder for mentally ill people to get them, and that it takes longer to reload between loading. It is also hoped that gun sales that occur without background checks and without the buyer attending a 'gun safety' course become regulated.

I cannot imagine what this has to do with hunting treasure.

First of all, welcome. Secondly, this is a treasure hunting website but there are many forums and threads you can view or NOT view, it's up to you. This time you logged into the "2nd Amendment" forum and commented on this thread. I have to ask, what do you mean by a long-distance weapon? The weapons in the school and theater shootings were fired at SHORT range. In the school, the kids could have been clubbed to death instead of shot. One of my guns is a Winchester .338 magnum. It is VERY long range shooting and is used for elk and deer at long distances with a lot more knokdown power than the fearfull AR15. More murders are done with handguns that don't legally belong to the shooter and the shooters would not fall into a legal definition of mentally ill so how will anything you suggest help? You can't even have a gun in Chicago so why all the murders? I know, it's the large, sugary sodas; maybe they should look at New York for how to control social behavior.

Some of our esteemed members are not able to whip the snot of of someone, who is trying to steal their expensive equipment or rob them etc, with their shovels. Especially in the prime detecting areas of older cities. Where the old stuff is found. Or in the woods, possibly alone or with older friends and encounter the odd whack job who believe the earth belongs to them. Or the Camp Robber". No not the bird kind. The thief who steals your gear from your camping site, or vehicle while you are away. Anyone ever have that happen?

Why shouldn't I be allowed to carry a gun in dangerous situations? What about random acts of violence or purse snatching by a creep on a bike? Any decent detector and coil sell pretty quick on CraigsList. They are valuable, easy to sell and easier to steal from the older detectorist.

One friend had to scare a would-be-gangster on a bike with his digging knife. My gold panning pals have called the Sheriff multiple times for whackos with adjoining claims. The world is full of Bullies. Bullies are usually cowards who are bigger than us or outnumber us.

That's why this is an issue even on T-Net. Yes even us, the finest group of hobbyist in the world deserve our 2nd amendment rights to defend ourselves. That's why.
BB

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Best not to tell another American to leave the country if you don't agree with what they have to say - correct.

Thats my opinion,I have the right to state it.So says the constitution.It works both ways maybe you should remember that.:laughing7:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Some of our esteemed members are not able to whip the snot of of someone, who is trying to steal their expensive equipment or rob them etc, with their shovels. Especially in the prime detecting areas of older cities. Where the old stuff is found. Or in the woods, possibly alone or with older friends and encounter the odd whack job who believe the earth belongs to them. Or the Camp Robber". No not the bird kind. The thief who steals your gear from your camping site, or vehicle while you are away. Anyone ever have that happen?

Why shouldn't I be allowed to carry a gun in dangerous situations? What about random acts of violence or purse snatching by a creep on a bike? Any decent detector and coil sell pretty quick on CraigsList. They are valuable, easy to sell and easier to steal from the older detectorist.

One friend had to scare a would-be-gangster on a bike with his digging knife. My gold panning pals have called the Sheriff multiple times for whackos with adjoining claims. The world is full of Bullies. Bullies are usually cowards who are bigger than us or outnumber us.

That's why this is an issue even on T-Net. Yes even us, the finest group of hobbyist in the world deserve our 2nd amendment rights to defend ourselves. That's why.
BB[/QUOTE

BB,What you say about bullies is SO dead on!Stand up to them,they scurry like cockroaches when the light goes on. My own personal belief is every good American should carry a side arm amen.

Last edited:

302guy

Banned
Jan 24, 2013
Delaware / SoDel
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro (for now)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

BB[/QUOTE

BB,What you say about bullies is SO dead on!Stand up to them,they scurry like cockroaches when the light goes on. My own personal belief is every good American should carry a side arm amen.

How would David have fared against Goliath with out his sling? The Assault Rifle of his day, or is it considered a Personal Defense Weapon? Either way, since the beginning of time, violence is the only weapon that has beaten back tyranny time and time again. A man too timid to fight will suffer under it, and that is the same as supporting it. All it takes for tyranny to succeed is for good men to do nothing. "Bullies" are nothing but little tyrants without the support network shared by their larger counterparts. The one thing that I cannot understand, and it disgusts me, is how these people so easily condemn their countrymen and side with politicians. How they turn against their neighbors so quickly and viciously and throw their support behind a group who has NONE of their interests in mind. There is a book called "The Wave", and I highly suggest that people either read that book, watch the movie or at the very least read the synopsis. People make the mistake in thinking that they couldn't be indoctrinated into a group of that would eventually give birth to a dictatorship. It doesn't take a man to be a dictator, it takes a GROUP of people who share the belief that they know what is best for all, throwing their support behind a man that will spread their message.

"Societies exist under three forms sufficiently distinguishable. 1. Without government, as among our Indians. 2. Under governments wherein the will of every one has a just influence, as is the case in England in a slight degree, and in our states in a great one. 3. Under governments of force: as is the case in all other monarchies and in most of the other republics. To have an idea of the curse of existence under these last, they must be seen. It is a government of wolves over sheep. It is a problem, not clear in my mind, that the 1st. condition is not the best. But I believe it to be inconsistent with any great degree of population. The second state has a great deal of good in it. The mass of mankind under that enjoys a precious degree of liberty and happiness. It has it's evils too: the principal of which is the turbulence to which it is subject. But weigh this against the oppressions of monarchy, and it becomes nothing. Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem. ("I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.") Even this evil is productive of good. It prevents the degeneracy of government, and nourishes a general attention to the public affairs. I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical." - Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, January 30, 1787[1]

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Actually the sling was the weapon of the poor Shepard - that's kind of the point to the story that he was NOT well armed. Not that it matters at all to your point.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
How would David have fared against Goliath with out his sling? The Assault Rifle of his day, or is it considered a Personal Defense Weapon? Either way, since the beginning of time, violence is the only weapon that has beaten back tyranny time and time again. A man too timid to fight will suffer under it, and that is the same as supporting it. All it takes for tyranny to succeed is for good men to do nothing. "Bullies" are nothing but little tyrants without the support network shared by their larger counterparts. The one thing that I cannot understand, and it disgusts me, is how these people so easily condemn their countrymen and side with politicians. How they turn against their neighbors so quickly and viciously and throw their support behind a group who has NONE of their interests in mind. There is a book called "The Wave", and I highly suggest that people either read that book, watch the movie or at the very least read the synopsis. People make the mistake in thinking that they couldn't be indoctrinated into a group of that would eventually give birth to a dictatorship. It doesn't take a man to be a dictator, it takes a GROUP of people who share the belief that they know what is best for all, throwing their support behind a man that will spread their message.

"Societies exist under three forms sufficiently distinguishable. 1. Without government, as among our Indians. 2. Under governments wherein the will of every one has a just influence, as is the case in England in a slight degree, and in our states in a great one. 3. Under governments of force: as is the case in all other monarchies and in most of the other republics. To have an idea of the curse of existence under these last, they must be seen. It is a government of wolves over sheep. It is a problem, not clear in my mind, that the 1st. condition is not the best. But I believe it to be inconsistent with any great degree of population. The second state has a great deal of good in it. The mass of mankind under that enjoys a precious degree of liberty and happiness. It has it's evils too: the principal of which is the turbulence to which it is subject. But weigh this against the oppressions of monarchy, and it becomes nothing. Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem. ("I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.") Even this evil is productive of good. It prevents the degeneracy of government, and nourishes a general attention to the public affairs. I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical." - Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, January 30, 1787[1]

Violence isn't the answer,but,sometimes it's necessary.

302guy

Banned
Jan 24, 2013
Delaware / SoDel
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro (for now)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Actually the sling was the weapon of the poor Shepard - that's kind of the point to the story that he was NOT well armed. Not that it matters at all to your point.

Then would you agree that it would be unwise to disarm the poor shepherd today when his civilian model semi-automatic could not be considered "well armed" against men who possess superior firepower and the ill will to use it with a total disregard to the cost of life? I have never feared a weapon so much as the man and his intentions. The ease of which a tool can be used to kill is only tempered by the hand that holds it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread