jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's has been said on here several times...by mods, that a similar banner item probably will not make banner, because there is already one there. SS
Correct. I personally don't see why anyone would want to look up there and see 3 1916 Mercury dimes for example then vote banner on someone who just found a fourth and not at least wonder if they pulled it out of a collection they found 5 years ago, just because they would know 1916 mercs get bannered on sight.

variety is the spice of life, and looks better too :laughing7:

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Correct. I personally don't see why anyone would want to look up there and see 3 1916 Mercury dimes for example then vote banner on someone who just found a fourth and not at least wonder if they pulled it out of a collection they found 5 years ago, just because they would know 1916 mercs get bannered on sight. variety is the spice of life, and looks better too :laughing7:
Unless it's posted by a different poster, who then might start to wonder...how come he made banner with his coin, and I didn't.

SS

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
book rarety doesn't apply here. just like the rareity number given in books, the value given in books is for un-dug copies. dug copies of some items seem to be dug every week
It should apply because better choices would be made if it did. There's definitely something wrong with the system when pretty counts and what a book says doesn't.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shouldn,t there be a link to access that tells users all this info ?? Also... I can,t find anywhere info on how you go from junior member to say hero member...and how you get to senior member etc... This is a great site with a wealth of information and a lot of very knowledgeable folks who make this site even better. But think it needs a couple extra links so newbs like myself find it easier to figure out some of these details.
I suggested a American finds data base, linked to Treasurenet a while back, like the one we have here in the UK. Sooner or later one will appear in the US, and it should be linked at this site.(owned)

SS

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shouldn,t there be a link to access that tells users all this info ??

Also... I can,t find anywhere info on how you go from junior member to say hero member...and how you get to senior member etc...

This is a great site with a wealth of information and a lot of very knowledgeable folks who make this site even better.

But think it needs a couple extra links so newbs like myself find it easier to figure out some of these details.

Levels is based on number of posts made...

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's has been said on here several times...by mods, that a similar banner item probably will not make banner, because there is already one there.

SS

Like the GW buttons if there are already 2 on the banner and another one is nominated it may not appear on banner till one of those showing moves off the banner so their are not multiple appearances of same item.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 / TESORO SAND SHARK / CZ 21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok..ty for the info.

BUT.... how is a newb supposed to know this ?? or how is a newb...or senior member for that matter...supposed to know what constitutes a BANNER find and how it gets to the top at the end of the day ?

Can,t be that difficult for the site to create a permanent link wih this kinda info !!

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey AQUA,

FYI: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/help/365420-banners.html

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/help/363378-member-levels.html

earth_1.jpg

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All one has to do is look @ HELP! Plain & simple! Everything highlighted in blue are the majority of answers to one's questions that are continuously being asked.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
F.Y.I.

a situation has come up on a recent find.

I won't say which one, Because there are 2 Possibilities

#1. a Member has talked their friends/family into signing up to vote Banner for them.

#2. a Member has signed up under several alias's to get bannerd.

Plus I don't like Publicly Outing Members if at all possible

However .....

due to this I will be watching Closer :laughing7:

And the particular find is Now exempt from Banner consideration :unhappysmiley:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From Now on, No Banner Nomination will be accepted from anyone who signs up After
the Item in question was Found :sadsmiley:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also note signing up under multiple names violates our rules...

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All one has to do is look @ HELP! Plain & simple! Everything highlighted in blue are the majority of answers to one's questions that are continuously being asked.

ty river rat.

Did not see that obiously.... however it is not easily found by a new member..... I been here 8 months and didn,t know where it was .

Perhaps it would be better to have that tab by itself on the homepage ?

donb0078

Feb 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
atm, whites sl II classic
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like your motto treasure hunter I've got your back :)

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well i guessi don't have to worry about violating that rule
:D.....i haven't found the banner button.....yet!
Give me time.....i'm still looking!

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
GW buttons aren't really that rare, they were made by anyone and everyone who had the ability to make buttons back in the day. But, they are a popular find and always get a ton of banner consideration by members. Yeah, a GW button is on my bucket list but I've never (and will never) cast a banner vote for one. Honorable mention...heck yes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread