QUESTIONABLE INFORMATION POSTED AS FACT CONCERNING THE BEALE TALE

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What led me to the Columbus letter was that I tried to think that there "might be" another key used in the cipher. A key that has "traveling" involved, and a key that is also very important in America(Discovery of America). I haven't read the letter of Columbus during that time, and my knowledge is very limited. I only know that Columbus is traveling and found America, NOTHING ELSE.

Here in PH schools/universities, we are not instructed to read that letter, we were just told that Columbus discovered America, I don't even know that it was only by accident as they originally wanted to find a route to China by going west, it turns out at the end that the letter is very interesting. After reading, I learned that he found Islands, encountered Indians etc., things that I don't know at first.

I don't even know that a directions is involved in the letter (North, East, West and South) or the word "Gold" was involved.
I may just be lucky that i tried to CTRL + F and type "GOLD" that lead me to this method of deciphering.:hello2:

As for the connections, I don't know a single thing about Bedford and Peaks of Otter during that time. It was months of research and sleepless nights wondering why, where and who, researching every synonym and figuring out what each word means in the sentence.

Note: I searched for the synonyms after having my first draft of Page 1. I sent the file to sir Franklin, that was different from the one I posted here. It was because I don't know about history of Bedford during that time, I just picked the words to form sentences (problem:arbitrary). It was a cipher that I think does not have a pattern "perhaps" to trick even the best cryptographers.

Additional Note: I read the letter after having a draft of page 1, because I found things that should not make sense yet makes sense. As if my mind is telling me that I am very imaginative and that I might just be sleepy and hallucinating.

If they were still alive for interrogation, they could simply deny it because it simply does not have pattern(arbitrary). No provenance, just alias, hidden meaning. NOBODY would believe to "Proclaim to the Fleet that the Illustrious King and Queen our Sovereign gave me". The solution being arbitrary is very perfect for them, not for us. :dontknow:

The letter is just that, just what it was back then, nearly every early explorer like Columbus kept such detailed records and also held dreams of riches, gold, silver, and many other rich resources. You could pick any one of them and make all of the same alleged connections, just as you have done here. This should be abundantly obvious to you as a matter of undeniable fact when one simply researches all of the past similar type of connections that have been made over the years using a wide variety of alternate documents, characters, methods, etc.,, etc. What you've done here with the Columbus letter is pretty much the standard with this tale of treasure, and not a unique exception. What you need to be asking yourself is simply this, "How is are all of these various concoctions possible?" :thumbsup:

jhonnz41

May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The letter is just that, just what it was back then, nearly every early explorer like Columbus kept such detailed records and also held dreams of riches, gold, silver, and many other rich resources. You could pick any one of them and make all of the same alleged connections, just as you have done here. This should be abundantly obvious to you as a matter of undeniable fact when one simply researches all of the past similar type of connections that have been made over the years using a wide variety of alternate documents, characters, methods, etc.,, etc. What you've done here with the Columbus letter is pretty much the standard with this tale of treasure, and not a unique exception. What you need to be asking yourself is simply this, "How is are all of these various concoctions possible?" :thumbsup:

I am interested to try another adventure letter. I tried using the Edinburgh review translation (1816) which can be found here
https://tile.loc.gov/storage-services/service/rbc/rbc0001/2019/2019gen57915/2019gen57915.pdf

But it does not make sense at all than the "As I know you will be rejoiced at" version. Every numbers in Edinburgh review version does not fit with each other. Unlike this version, everything seems to fit, every paragraph in page 1 and 3 is linked. I don't know, it bothers me so much.

What bothers me most is after research, I found some data that are mentioned there. Including Indians in Peaks of Otter and a purchase of a mountain in 1819 owned by Elizabeth. All the landmarks mentioned in page 1 could be searched online including the twin oaks, Hill on Johnson-Dooley farm. Though I don't have any idea about why call "Goose Creek" a Goose Creek. It's too early to conclude that it was because of Goose Birds(Many kinds of Birds).

Let me know if you want me to try another key with this method. If you want, feel free to send me an adventure book.

Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am interested to try another adventure letter. I tried using the Edinburgh review translation (1816) which can be found here
https://tile.loc.gov/storage-services/service/rbc/rbc0001/2019/2019gen57915/2019gen57915.pdf

But it does not make sense at all than the "As I know you will be rejoiced at" version. Every numbers in Edinburgh review version does not fit with each other. Unlike this version, everything seems to fit, every paragraph in page 1 and 3 is linked. I don't know, it bothers me so much.

What bothers me most is after research, I found some data that are mentioned there. Including Indians in Peaks of Otter and a purchase of a mountain in 1819 owned by Elizabeth. All the landmarks mentioned in page 1 could be searched online including the twin oaks, Hill on Johnson-Dooley farm. Though I don't have any idea about why call "Goose Creek" a Goose Creek. It's too early to conclude that it was because of Goose Birds(Many kinds of Birds).

Let me know if you want me to try another key with this method. If you want, feel free to send me an adventure book.

No! Please don't try others. We already have far too many completely random remedies and solutions......:laughing7:

jhonnz41

May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No! Please don't try others. We already have far too many completely random remedies and solutions......:laughing7:

Ok, If you say so.:laughing7:..
I just want to make it clear that the Edinburgh review version does not make sense at all. It wont even make 1 proper sentence.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, If you say so.:laughing7:..
I just want to make it clear that the Edinburgh review version does not make sense at all. It wont even make 1 proper sentence.

Well, you're just not using the correct method/process then......:laughing7:.....so just keep trying to find the correct process and it soon will!

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the beale codes proven to be absolute fiction one wonders why folks spend so much time trying to decrypt something that is not there.

With the exponential number of claimed solves (all being different), that’s a clue that there is no hidden information in the beale dime store novel....

jhonnz41

May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If people claimed they solved it, why don't they show how it was solved? what is the full message?

Why are they only giving a portion of the message instead of giving everything? like Ere fen due red knee, its only a portion of the message why not post everything.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the beale codes proven to be absolute fiction one wonders why folks spend so much time trying to decrypt something that is not there.

With the exponential number of claimed solves (all being different), that’s a clue that there is no hidden information in the beale dime store novel....

That's been a point all along, that point being that given the complete absence of any documented support of the narration's details then it become wide open for folks to fill in all of the blanks however they like, or however they can make things workout to fit their personal agendas or alternate narratives and personal desires. That's why it just keeps happening over and over again with such a wide variety of subject matters, including this most recent one. :icon_thumright: And this only includes those remedies and solutions that are made public in forums like this one, as there exist many that are never made public.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If people claimed they solved it, why don't they show how it was solved? what is the full message?

Why are they only giving a portion of the message instead of giving everything? like Ere fen due red knee, its only a portion of the message why not post everything.

Many have done just that over the years. You have to remember that these various remedies and solutions have been coming out of the woodwork ever since the narration was published, and long before the internet and computers.

jhonnz41

May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Though this one is unique because it was the first one that used a key and has all the numbers. But still its Questionable, data from research could just be pure coincidence/s.

There is only 1 way to verify this though. I think you guys already know how. :occasion14:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Though this one is unique because it was the first one that used a key and has all the numbers. But still its Questionable, data from research could just be pure coincidence/s.

There is only 1 way to verify this though. I think you guys already know how. :occasion14:

Not true at all. There have been many other proposed remedies and solutions that have used a key and all the numbers. I get the feeling you're rather new at this Beale mystery and that you're not completely aware of this mystery's long history in these regards?

jhonnz41

May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not true at all. There have been many other proposed remedies and solutions that have used a key and all the numbers. I get the feeling you're rather new at this Beale mystery and that you're not completely aware of this mystery's long history in these regards?

Pretty new at all. I spent 1 whole year solving this using the first voyage.

I don't want to spend another, I want to escape from this game. It's bothering me so much.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty new at all. I spent 1 whole year solving this using the first voyage.

I don't want to spend another, I want to escape from this game. It's bothering me so much.

For sure it can keep drawing you in deeper and deeper, which I think goes right back to the unknown author's detailing of his alleged long history in attempting to solve a treasure tale and warning to others.

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Though this one is unique because it was the first one that used a key and has all the numbers.
But still its Questionable...
There have been others that used a "key", so this one is NOT unique and with all the non references to Bedford county,
VERY QUESTIONABLE.

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Why would this treasure be so well known, but the history behind them so concealed? ...
Because "THE BEALE PAPERS" was a work of fiction by James Beverly Ward based on referenced events and locations experienced by members of the extended Risque/Ward/Hutter/ Kennerly/Hancock Family, and that of his wife, Harriet Emmaline Otey who was related to the Bufords and Sarah Mitchel Morris, wife of Robert Morris who are both mentioned in the Beale story narrative.

It became "well known" in the 1960's due to the THE HART PAPERS" and Pauline Innis's "GOLD IN THE BLUE RIDGE" and several stories in treasure magazines, with additional fiction piled onto the original fiction, including the found letter story of Claudine Fulton Ellis and her "visit" to the Planters Hotel.
There has never been any evidence found to support Beale's perilous adventure treasure story, therefor NO "concealed history" beyond the speculation and false information that I have covered in this thread.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread