Questions for expert dowsers

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Greetings,

I am still a beginner as a dowser, and use a pair of brass rods to find water. My problems are that I cannot tell the difference between a large body of water and a small one, and get a "hit" from buried electrical lines. Here are my questions:

1: Is there some method to differentiate between a large body of water and a small trickle? Any suggestions are welcome.

2: Is there some method to differentiate between a "hit" on a body of water versus a buried electrical line? Any suggestions are welcome.

Thank you in advance,

Oroblanco

BudP

Sep 19, 2005
OR
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT17000/Explorer XS/Exp SE Pro
Please don't think I presume to be 'Expert'........No one else answered.

So....My thoughts lead me to believe your 'question'/'query' for your search may be faulty. If you are sure you are getting 'real' responses from your rods, it is possible your subconscious is not clear on the target.

Ask specific questions concerning volume, flow or quantity. Ask follow-up questions regarding validity of the answer. Write your questions on paper so you can see the clarity of the question in your CONSCIOUS mind then concentrate on that specific question while searching.

Also...make sure you are searching with a specific NEED for help for yourself or others. I am 'parroting' what real experts have said, when I say; If this need is based on self serving greed you are not going to succeed. Dowsing just does not work this way. I believe this.

Bud

Edit; Be very sure you do not attempt dowsing with a negative person in close proximity. That is like throwing water on a fire. I have a relative who does not believe in anything he cannot touch, feel or smell. My dowsing skill goes to absolute zero when he is near.......He likes to use this as 'proof' my dowsing does not work even though his wife explains she has seen it work after he leaves. Negativity breeds failure.

dowser 501

Apr 26, 2006
Bud P is correct in many of his observations, but still didnt answer most of your questions.
A water signal via dowsing is in reality a combined cavity signal of river grit and the same signal can be used for cave detection. To discover the quantity of water in the underground aquifier is a bath which you are laying in and you can feel water pressure around your body. The stronger the pressure the greater the volume of water. When I was water dowsing in the 1980s I used that trick as one of three tests, keeping in mind it must be running a couple of points to the west of true north which is the old magnetic north. The rivers have offshoots that run only west < which you dont want.

Second method of confirmation is to imagine you are wading in the underground stream. Walk slowly south and you will actually mentally feel the drag against your shins. Underground water only runs from south to north with many offshoots to the west.The greater the drag, the greater the volume of water.

Third method is to check for minerals in the water. It is easier than you think.
The stronger the mineral strength, the more tepid and unusable the water, and should coincicide with sluggish water or inert water flow below.

If you think you are picking up power line signals it is suggestive that you have no control over your dowsing attempts. Anyway most dowsers cannot dowse at moments suitable for them and must wait for suitable atmospheric conditions. At others times your results, owing to an untrained mind may be a figment of your imagination. Lastly I do not believe in that old wifes tale about greed will destoy your dowsing ability. I used to travel long distances , get paid well and had no qualms when banking checks. Nor did the sky fall in on me. For dowsers trying to beat droughts , do not drill without a pressure test. No pressure definitely means the river is now dry. Good Luck max

BudP

Sep 19, 2005
OR
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT17000/Explorer XS/Exp SE Pro
Hey Max,

My Old Wife doesn't believe it either. She's greedier than snot.

Bud

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Thanks for the tips and suggestions, and I do have trouble differentiating between a power line and a water source so will work on that. Thanks again and I hope you have a great day!

Oroblanco

dowser 501

Apr 26, 2006
I have given many hints on WHEN TO DOWSE and like most, you dont listen.
You can only dowse when atmospheric conditions allow you to do so. Max

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Greetings Max,

Dowser501 wrote
I have given many hints on WHEN TO DOWSE and like most, you dont listen.
You can only dowse when atmospheric conditions allow you to do so. Max

I don't listen? How about I do listen (read) and just fail to agree with your conclusions as to when it is "right" to be dowsing? I have tried dowsing (for water, always) and the only weather or other condition that seems to give terrific problems is WIND, not the phase(s) of the Moon, not Solar flares, not the shifting of the magnetic poles or cosmic rays etc - as I mentioned in my questions, my problems are in:

1: Telling the difference between a large body of water and a small one, and,

2: Telling the difference between a buried electric power line and a water source.

As I have tried dowsing in various phases of the Moon, during solar storms etc but not hundreds of times of course, I cannot agree that they have that much effect on finding buried water sources. They very may well have a distinct effect on finding treasures or minerals, but for finding water I can't see that it makes any difference. Having a strong wind however makes it a total waste of time to be out there with any kind of rods or twig, regardless of lunar phase or solar activity etc because the winds affect the rods more strongly than any thing in the ground - at least for me.

Thank you again for your suggestions and ideas, I really WILL try them, like I said if I could locate a decent water source here at a depth that would not require a large drilling rig I would be very happy. So for me at least, my goal is finding a shallow-buried aquifer that has more than the tiniest trickle of water (have found a number of those already, none more than about a drop per second, despite what the skeptics say about being able to find water "everywhere" it just is not true.).

I hope you have a great day, and find the treasures that you seek.

your friend,
Roy ~ Oroblanco

dowser 501

Apr 26, 2006
Roy, On a windy day I try to put my 4wdrive in a position where it blocks out the wind and I also often walk backwards. Max

Ps, what riles me is that you ask for advice and then disagree without giving the advice a fair go.

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Fair enough. I had not thought of walking backwards to break the danged wind either, will definitely try that.

I hope you have a great day.

Oroblanco

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Well I have about 7 weeks left before our "monsoon" season hits and there will be literally water everywhere, which will make dowsing for water hopeless as there are little rivulets all over the place when this happens. Three months of lots of rains will take some timeto dry back out, and make it tough for me to identify which are permanent underground flows and which go dry. So some time left to do some experimenting...

Oroblanco

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oroblanco. I encounter many signal lines, and have dowsed under power lines, have dowsed springs as they dissapear into the ground and beyond. And dowsed mineralized ore veins above and below ground. And as far as I can tell, I can't tell the difference between lines. I have to change my L-rods to change my sensitivity. Weaker lines I eliminate. So if there was an underground river 100ft. down it would be a weaker signal than a 50ft. same size river. And then, you have to figure out how deep it is, without even knowing if it's a river or not. Dowser

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
thanks for the tips Dowser, monsoon will be here in a few days so I won't be doing any experimenting for some time to come. Good luck and good hunting to you, hope you find the treasures that you seek.

Oroblanco

VICTORIO

Jun 8, 2005
Detector(s) used
Pulse Star II & Whites TM808
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
" Lastly I do not believe in that old wifes tale about greed will destroy your dowsing ability.
dowser 501".

You Might be right Dowser 501. The Spanish Conquistadores where Greedy, Evil Individuals. They had no sophisticated electronic Gold detectors. Only Experienced Dowsers and yet managed to find Tons of Gold and Silver to ship back to Spain.

gnewt

Jan 5, 2008
Tx/Al
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/ White
It has been 25 years since I have tried a dowser, the last time I tried it, it worked helping me find a water pipe. I had my welding truck with all sizes of rods, brazing and steel. I made both kinds and only used the brazing rods, and went directly to the pipe. I never used the steel. I found the pipes within 2 min. I had no MD
I can get the rods from the welding supply store and get back into it. I have a metal detector to help me with my getting the feel of these rods, I had it before and think I can do it again.
My question is, will there be a difference in the steel and brass? I would like to make both maybe in two gauges. I can make handles out of some red oak I have.

gnewt

Jan 5, 2008
Tx/Al
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/ White
I can build the dowser and have used the brass rod and it worked on steel water pipe. The question I had was is there a difference in steel and brass dowsers, if no one knows I will try to see if I find a difference. I have tried all kinds of green wood and the time and location I had no luck or nothing was there. I went over an area with another dowser and he never located any thing either. Gnewt

gnewt

Jan 5, 2008
Tx/Al
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/ White
I know if steel is magnetic and has residual it won't work, if it has no residual then it would be possible. What I was trying to find was what material rod for what mineral or substance. Appreciate your answers, I can run some tests make the rods and maybe I can find the answers for myself without bugging folks. I am pretty good at tinkering. I built my first metal detector in 1950, it was heavy, heavy. So now I am going the other direction and find out how dowsing works.
I am going to add fiber optic/blacklight and maybe glass/blacklight and see what happens with those rods. I am worse than a candle fly moth flying around a light and most of the time I get no where. LOL Gnewt

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Hey gnewt….I have tried all kinds of different materials….Plastic, wood and even a drinking straw…I always end up using my brass rods. Every one of them worked but I just prefer the brass rods…Art

gnewt

Jan 5, 2008
Tx/Al
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/ White
Brass is what worked for me. I am going to try the others on different material.
And the fiber optics /black light will be in the UV freq for gem stones, it will also make rattle snakes glow like a green light . Thats handy at night, but I don't want to sack them buddies. Gnewt

gnewt

Jan 5, 2008
Tx/Al
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/ White
Mike(Mont) said:
Dielectric Resonating Antenna
I know a little about antennas and dielectric, the dielectric changes when you vary the distance between the antenna and ground if you are using the ground as the anode or cathode. A capacitor has two plates and either insulation(mica) or air which is the dielectric between them.
What would effect the rod would be residual magnetism, brass with alloy are not magnetic, some stainless has some magnetism, some don't, some steel is magnetic but has no residual, that would be ok, steel that has a little or lot of residual magnetism would be attracted to itself or repel so I don't think that would work. The repel or attract reaction is like signs repel and unlike attract. That's easy to check by putting the tips close together, if they repel the tips are either both pos or both neg. if they do either I don't think these rods will work. Gnewt

gnewt

Jan 5, 2008
Tx/Al
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/ White
I understood eddycurents slows down the flow or interfears. As far as the dielectric it does not pass current unless it breaks down and arcs, it is no longer a dielectric. the cathode and anode is where the energy is. They developer an electrostatic charge, if the the dialectic breaks down they lose the charge.
The rods are like antennas, they can be resonant at many frequencies or harmonics.
The dielectric is the air space distance between the rod and ground, the damping effect would be your rod through your body to ground.
To figure out the wave length of the rods, first figure the true wave length, then you could go several harmonic freq. higher and lower. this will give you frequencies you are working with. The two energies you are dealing with is the electrostatic and electromagnetic they operate 180 degrees out of phase, its like having two signals.
There are so many things to consider when using the rod, IMO we have to have handles on these rods that will be an insulator, that will be more consistant. If you have sweaty 0r dry hands that would make a difference and an insulator would isolate that. That isolation is a dielectric too.
We have a few more things to consider, Dia. and material, tubes or solid and length.
We will spend a lot of time studying this stuff because there are so many variables to work out. If I cannot get this to work I may just go the radar, sonar or UV route.
I really have faith that we can work this out. Gnewt

PS Lead acid batteries have two plates, pos. and neg. the pbso4 acid takes the electrons off the pos.plate and puts them on the neg plate. electrons can then flow from the neg. back to the positive through a load, a light for instance. Lead has to have an electrolite between two plates to work and the specific gravity has to be greater than water 1.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions