Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Attachments

• IMG_5874.JPG
    IMG_5874.JPG
    203.9 KB · Views: 600
Upvote 0
T

TreasurdiggrNY

Hope the stones are real, if not it is still a very nice ring Guzz wtg man.
Glenn

rdi

Sep 5, 2007
Zephyrhills, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Infinium LS, Sovereign GT, Fisher cz6a, Garrett sea hunter,Garrett vlf/tr groundhog
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find even if its not real...hope it is though..Thanks for looking for my goodie bag..Rdi

OP
OP
guzz1

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
No hallmarks. But stamp Thailand on the inside . However some fine jewelry has come out of Thailand . I'm willing bet the are CZ's... Not real diamonds . But its still really pretty. My wife has had it on her finger since I came home with it ... She ask me if was going back out tonight to hunt . I guess if keep bringing goodies home like this she'll have me down there at the beach 24-7. Boy I love this hobby!!!
HH guzz1

OP
OP
guzz1

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
That's quite alright RDI ,,,Glad to help out any way I can . The currents tends to run towards the south I'll check south of siesta on sunday morning , We just might get lucky and find it . Never say Never . there's treasure all over that beach , south and north of where we were at. You just have to work it slow,,,,,, plus I saw a lot of depositors out there as well. That ring I found was a fresh drop... Anyway RDI I'll be in touch ,HH Guzz1

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man!!!

You got a good one there if it is the real thing Guzz.

Stones that big should have some small carbon deposits in them unless they are flawless Diamonds. If you take a magnifier and look into the stones, you should see some very small black flecks suspended as if they are floating in the Diamond if it is real. You won't see them in a CZ. Give that a try! I am hoping for you that it is. That is really great.

Jim

OP
OP
guzz1

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
I don't know Jim , I see Very small black flecks through a loop but it could be dirt I'M still not convinced that its real till I take to a Jeweler . If it is real, then I really have something . But I'm not that lucky. The diamond looks to perfect to me ... IF its not Real Its still the coolest ticket I have ever found . If it turns out to be real , I'll let ya'll know .. Thanks for your input Jim . Guzz1

The-Bone

Nov 13, 2007
North East,Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Whites Silver Eagle, BHID,M6,CZ21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guzz,
if the 1st jeweler says it is fake be sure to try another...there are more scam artists selling jewelry than we all could ever believe

OP
OP
guzz1

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Thanks bone for the heads up ..The guy I deal with has been a buddy of mine for 10 years .He's only one I trust .. HH Guzz1

gold-digger

Jul 4, 2006
Gulf Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excals & Quattro
Primary Interest:
Looks great Guzz. My eyes still have spots in them from how sharp those stones look.

Just pull back on the camera a bit, I can count the valleys on your finger prints.

OP
OP
guzz1

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
WELL The verdict is on on the ring , The stones are not the real McCoy >:(, However the jeweler said the ring would sell between 4 to 5 hundred dollars if it was in his store . Sure wish it was real But No cigar.. jewelry finds are starting to pop though. I found a gold chain on this mornings hunt I will post pictures later . Guzz1

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well that is still a great find. I would settle for one of those a day! Good news on the chain also. I don't think I am going to make it to the water for a few weeks now. Got things going on that I can't control right now.

At least I can get the thrill of the hunt through everyone's posts here. I hope to make it back sometime in February but I am not sure. I believe I will dig out some old relic finds and do a post or two on some things I found long ago. I also wanted to do a post on a hunt I did a couple of weeks ago in a park with my Sovereign Elite. I finally got the hang of the 15 inch WOT coil and was digging stuff well over a foot to nearly two feet and more. Nothing very valuable but some good relics none the less.

You guys keep hunting and showing your stuff. It keeps my mind in the ballgame.

Jim

T

TreasurdiggrNY

guzz1 said:
WELL The verdict is on on the ring , The stones are not the real McCoy >:(, However the jeweler said the ring would sell between 4 to 5 hundred dollars if it was in his store . Sure wish it was real But No cigar.. jewelry finds are starting to pop though. I found a gold chain on this mornings hunt I will post pictures later . Guzz1
Sorry Guzz1, I was hoping for you. Still a nice ring man WTG! Congrats on the chain, can't wait to see it.
Glenn

OP
OP
guzz1

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Yea Glenn , I was a little disappointed .But the good news is its still worth something . It sure is pretty.
My wife sure Likes it . My camera settings are not set right I have to fix for posting pics ,,I'll put the gold chain up as soon as I figure it out ..HH Guzz1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread