Quietprofessionals Coin Roll Hunting Journal

quietprofessional

Jul 29, 2012
Hastings, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quietprofessional's Coin Roll Hunting Journal

I have always been a silver hoarder. I have recently moved back to the great state of NE after separating from the Army, and the bankers here are great and always willing to facilitate my hobby. I have been back now for about 2 months and the CRH with halves here have been steady. I was randomly running into my bank for $100 at a time here and there, when ever the bug really hit me. Now I am on a rotation twice a week on Tues./Fri. for $500 boxes. I do not CRH for money instead I save them and exchange them for Silver Eagles. I have exchanged for 3 eagles so far and I am about one 90%er away from my next one. Here is last weeks results:

27 July:
Box of $500 x4 40%ers

28 July:
Box of $500 x1 90%er

My rotation with my banks start on Friday so I am just going to try and find a box this afternoon and see what I can bring home. I will post the results tonight.

Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome! i don't think there are too many from Nebraska on here,
hh
buff

BlackOut

May 31, 2012
Someone on another forum was killing it in NE earlier this year, but lately his finds are way down. He is thinking he may have already pulled a bulk of the goods from circulation there. Good luck with the silver eagles.

hokiemojo

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
These last two are more like the boxes I was getting used to. Best of luck on future hunts though. You need to get that next ASE!

OP
OP
quietprofessional

quietprofessional

Jul 29, 2012
Hastings, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The good thing is that I found an ounce of silver packed away in one of my childhood boxes. It always seems to surface one way or another.
Happy Hunting

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
quietprofessional said:
I have exchanged for 3 eagles so far and I am about one 90%er away from my next one.

I'm new to this and dying to try it out while trying to figure it out.
How many 40's or 90's do you needed for a silver eagle?
Do you just trade them in to a local coin shop?

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Trading to a local coin shop is probably easiest. However, as has been mentioned many times on this forum, when you trade or sell silver to acquire more silver you take a hit. You won't get full melt value for your trades and you will pay a premium for the ASE. This is how coin shops, etc make their money. Silver is kind of low right now. If you have the cash, just buy some eagles and wait till silver is higher to sell your finds. Many people like to keep the 90% and just sell the 40% because there kind of a pain and less desirable the the 90's.

OP
OP
quietprofessional

quietprofessional

Jul 29, 2012
Hastings, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The old man whom I trade with is very fair. However I do not get full melt value for my halves. I look at it like if I can get a ASE for $3-4, then we all win in the end.

OP
OP
quietprofessional

quietprofessional

Jul 29, 2012
Hastings, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
10 August: $500 Box Skunked

I started marking my halves with the letters NE for Nebraska. If you guys see it leave me a post. I would like to see how far they traveled.

smitty58d

Feb 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your looking for more boxes to fill your other days try two boxes of dimes. Or just get as many CWR dimes as you can, this is what I do to kill the time between my normal pick up days. Before I traded them in I found about 40 in a one month period. Not much but hey it all adds up right! Oh I am counting down to retirement myself, three more years till 20.

smitty58d

Feb 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the Army. Yup customer wrapped rolls. Did 4 boxes today and only got 4 x 40%. thinking about dimes tomorrow

OP
OP
quietprofessional

quietprofessional

Jul 29, 2012
Hastings, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
14 August: $500 Box

Finally the silver gods have thrown me a bone. I pulled 4- 40%ers and one Ben. On top of that a gentleman that works by me has offered to pay full spot price for my silver. ASE im coming for you :laughing7:

Happy Hunting

OP
OP
quietprofessional

quietprofessional

Jul 29, 2012
Hastings, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
17 August: $500 Box Skunked

I was wondering if any CRH'ers ever start a box and get the feeling that they "need" to pull something out of there? Today was one of those days. Just a thought.

Happy Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread