RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice job by the "Fast N' Loud" team on building/restoring this Mustang (they only had 1 month to do it) for Chad McQueen (Steve McQueen's son). For the 50th anniversary of Bullitt.
Chad really got old ,you'll see him at the very end driving away.And at 3:02 the blond is Steve McQueen's granddaughter.

Saw it last week and was pretty good. How the heck did they tear up reverse gear like that ? We use to do that ALL the time with no problem :icon_scratch: . And then that haunted them the rest of the "Shoot". Good to see his son and granddaughter take an interest in recreating that chase scene. That was probably a huge task to get everything and all permits. I thought they did a pretty good job in recreating it. :icon_thumleft:

Morning RTR. That was a great movie.

4ac7620450f466e3b792349b38510025.jpg

Saw it last week and was pretty good. How the heck did they tear up reverse gear like that ? We use to do that ALL the time with no problem :icon_scratch: . And then that haunted them the rest of the "Shoot". Good to see his son and granddaughter take an interest in recreating that chase scene. That was probably a huge task to get everything and all permits. I thought they did a pretty good job in recreating it. :icon_thumleft:

For the original movie they X-rayed most of the critical components just so that wouldn't happen , 50 years later the gears are probably all Jap Junk.They also used 2 Mustangs and broke both of them in the original filming.

in 2006 Chad got hurt pretty bad racing.He sure hasn't aged well ,now at only 59 .
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chad_McQueen

Last edited:
morning.something for your coffee :)

Good morning everyone. I just spent an hour trying to fix no internet, until I resorted to my favorite electronic problem solving technique: Unplug it, and plug it back in.:thumbsup:

Tom, are you nuts? Come on over to the states, you'll drop your fur sickness in 5 seconds flat!

Last edited:
Morning bill and RR

I was confused with all these yankee type bugs......the ones that bite are the ones I thought you were referring to. The biting type of flies were eating us alive.

Well, I can't find my pic. I'll have to post one from the net. These are midges.

And they come in swarms.

You can't brush them off because they smear all over you. Fun, fun, fun!

It's an 1890s-1900s flask. It is the first embossed flask I've found that doesn't say warranted, so I bought it. It's an exceptionally clear bottle, but it looks cloudy in the pic because of the humidity.

that is a cool looking bottle!

DSC_0054.jpg

A better pic.

Did you know, I passed a Civil War era earthenware master ink bottle from London England, for this flask?

The only thing that stopped me was that I had $20, not $50.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back