RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill, plant more wild flowers!
What do you think of this: every time a species is threatened with extinction man steps in and trys to save the creatures. Now what if the species needs to go by nature's implacable measure? Just a thought-I don't advocate for it.
Perhaps we do harm unknowingly by interfering, but we interfere already by our own presence on the planet.
I do hope the wooly mammoth is brought back in my lifetime. Been hoping for that for years.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bart,

What are you a cat with nine lives or what....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7: tossed through the windshield of a car, almost lost a finger to a venomous snake and stung by a stone fish. We'll have to change your name to Evil Kenivil or Steve Irwin....:laughing9::laughing9::laughing9:

My most recent death cheat was getting hit by the deadly stone fish. Now that aint no joke. Tingling lips, numbness in the hands and feet, slurring words, nausea, splitting headache, and then disorientation. It hurt really bad too!!

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hillbilly Prince,

Well Amsterdam's smartest move was the banning of pesticides on municipal lands. In Quebec where I live pesticides are pretty much banned everywhere on both private and public land. Ironically farmers are still allowed and that's where our food comes from....:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

But I have noticed in Montreal where I live we have tons of bees, hornets and other polinators visiting our flowers and garden plants so it must be helping.

But I agree with you wildflowers would give them the diversity they need before we started carpeting our cities and town with grass they had way more feeding options. It certainly worked for Amsterdam.

Bill, plant more wild flowers!
What do you think of this: every time a species is threatened with extinction man steps in and trys to save the creatures. Now what if the species needs to go by nature's implacable measure? Just a thought-I don't advocate for it.
Perhaps we do harm unknowingly by interfering, but we interfere already by our own presence on the planet.
I do hope the wooly mammoth is brought back in my lifetime. Been hoping for that for years.

Last edited:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kevin,

Due to the frail nature of it, maybe a sash buckle where no weight to speak of came into play. Just an off the cuff suggestion.

Was told possible half of a decorative thin pressed tongue and wreath buckle. More for looks than anything practical. Who knows though. May remain a mystery! [emoji16][emoji106]

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

Well tonight were eating Mediterranean style we try to eat that way a couple of times per week for supper. Mostly vegetarian ingredients Baba Ganoush, Roasted Sweet Bell Peppers and a Tomato and Cheese salad with tomatoes from the garden.

We'll toast up some pita bread triangles for starch and we're good to go just a rough guess since all this was made from scratch with food we bought on special probably costs about $5.00 for both of us for supper.(And there'll probably be some left over for tomorrow).

That's why I laugh when people say it's expensive to eat healthy....:laughing9::laughing9::laughing9: A crappy processed meal from the big M probably costs more than that for 1 person....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

ps to WD I made it not the missus....:laughing9::laughing9::laughing9:

Attachments

• DSC02542.JPG
    DSC02542.JPG
    458 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dollar store, meat ravioli, $1.00 ...I'm full :)

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
finally got my big display case up boy that was hard P1100436.JPG

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bart,

What are you a cat with nine lives or what....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7: tossed through the windshield of a car, almost lost a finger to a venomous snake and stung by a stone fish. We'll have to change your name to Evil Kenivil or Steve Irwin....:laughing9::laughing9::laughing9:

Im bionic bill !! Titanium left shoulder, arthroscopic surgery on the right, arthroscopic surgery on left knee, torn miniscus on the right knee. Broke 7 ribs right side, broken jaw, broken nose, 20 o hook through the wrist, and so on and so forth. Cant even keep track anymore. Oh ya crushed a vertebrae in my neck and broke my collar bone on a trampaline too. When I start to think of all the injuries I cant believe I feel as good as I do !! After awhile you just live with your aches and pains and solider on. Extreme sports and commercial fishing beat me up pretty good !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only one piece of a spanish bottle, but 2 more cycles of king tides and my beach will be clean. Shore line is changeing before my eyes. Conditions for finding galleon treasure are getting better each day. Wont be long before someone finds something, I can just start to see the gravel layer where the cobbs are found popping up here and there on the beach.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bart,

If you're crazy like Gary Drayton he goes out in the middle of the night during storms to detect and beat out the competition....:laughing9::laughing9::laughing9:

Only one piece of a spanish bottle, but 2 more cycles of king tides and my beach will be clean. Shore line is changeing before my eyes. Conditions for finding galleon treasure are getting better each day. Wont be long before someone finds something, I can just start to see the gravel layer where the cobbs are found popping up here and there on the beach.

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
gold boy,

Nice job on the display case. We can see your reflection off the glass on the display lucky you weren't in the buff.....:laughing9::laughing9::laughing9:

i don't walk around without clothes :laughing9:

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
found my first ball perfect jar 1923-1933 P1100438.JPG

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ball jars were made about 20 miles from me

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IF. I had more garage space (and a bigger doghouse for me) I'd buy it !!!:)
The 396 came in 3 versions 325 hp/350 hp and 375 hp.This one is the 375 version.With a Very radical Cam from the factory.The 375 sounds (on idle) like it just wants to kill something :)

I'll store the cobra for ya

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread